- An IT professional with diversified experience in program/project management, client engagement & relations and team building.
- Extensive experience in implementation of new business strategies or replacements of software with new technology and ITSM.
- Proven leadership ability to bring complex, multi - function programs from initial conception and facilitation through completion in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, SAFe, etc.) methodologies.
- Experienced in managing complex programs through planning, execute and close phases, right from intake process, business case and its outcome, updating system of records (Portfolio-program management system), program charter, risk assessment, resource management plan, communication and escalation procedures; governance of the program; managing change control; update- risks, resource management, and maintain evidence of approvals for quality control, change control, budget, schedule, business outcomes and key decisions.
- Experienced in ITSM processes like, incident management, problem management, change management, escalation and notification process, closure within SLA/OLA, process improvements, dashboard metrics, prioritization based on severity of impact to customers.
- Experienced in insurance industry and medical billing software and have extensive knowledge in Life insurance, personal lines insurance and billing.
- Delegated work efforts of projects to other managers and team members that are functionally aligned to the program cadence, project tasks, budget, and staffing.
- Exceptional ability to influence cross-functional teams in the development and management of integrated, multi-channel policy, Data Warehouse, Ecommerce, EDI, marketing, framework, and CRM programs.
- Established the framework and structure for how the program and its component projects will operate by following applicable Enterprise standards and procedures.
- With high level of consistent communication, enabled Business stakeholders and superiors’ confidence in projected results. Provided the health and status of the program and its component projects to senior/executive leadership within the organization.
- Experience working with and managing multiple external vendors during the projects in addition to tracking service level agreements across vendors and approval of their invoices.
- Consistently supported compliance and the Principles of Responsibility by maintaining the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity and reporting non-compliance.
- Proficiently experienced working in capacities of Capability Manager, Program/Project Manager /Lead /Coordinator, Scrum Master, business analyst, Technical Lead, Subject matter expert and Programmer analyst.
Methodologies: WATERFALL, RATIONAL UNIFIED PROCESS, SDLC, PMLC (PMI), AGILE (Scrum, XP, Kanban, SAFe)
Databases: DB2, ORACLE, SQL Server Operating
Systems/Platform: Windows, MS-DOS, Mainframe, AIX.
Programming Languages: SQL, PL/SQL COBOL, VSAM, JAVA, CICS, ADW, JCL, Shell script.
Workflow Drawing Tools: Visio Software control
Versioning: WinCVS, PVCS, CHANGEMAN, ENDEAVOR, TEST DIRECTOR, RATIONAL CLEARCASE
Web Technologies: XML, HTML, MQ
Software Tools: MS OFFICE, MS-PROJECT, SharePoint, Project Server, Service Now, Remedy, JIRA.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Program Manager/ Scrum Master
- As a program manager for the school admin software (P-tree) product, Clinical trials software (Care Peaks), Ecommerce/EDI with Confidential clearing house and medical billing software product, I was able to contribute to establish Program Increments, reviews/approvals, configuration management, team building, estimation, budgeting, change management, cost management, communication management, stakeholder engagement, integration management, incident/problem management, execution of the projects including monitoring of offshore development to achieve the milestones of the projects while actively managing scope, cost, schedule, quality and interdependencies of multiple projects for different clients.
- Currently working on chronic and remote patient care systems integrating medical devices (weighing scale, blood pressure monitor, blood sugar monitor, oximeter, thermometer, etc.) with the chronic care systems.
- Active participation in implementation of SAFe promoting alignment, collaboration, and delivery across multiple teams. 2) Contributed to look Confidential the economical view of the enhancements made to the product to benefit most of the clients across the states, rather than customization for individual client. 3) Created knowledge repository and made contribution to document the architecture in addition to the SDLC documentation.
- Worked as a Project Manager/Scrum Master/point of contact for clients and managed the development team.
- Worked with business owners/stakeholders to align projects and/or enhancements with their business plan and developed action plans/items as necessary.
- In addition to oversight of day-to-day activities ex: monitoring WIP limits, work item age, cycle time, visualization of progress of work item CFD; also, responsible, and accountable to resolve issues, implement risk mitigation, facilitation of the scrum ceremonies (Planning, daily stand up, review and retrospective) and technical meetings.
- Worked with clients to define the cause and measure the effect of identified issues to determine project scope, while categorizing and prioritizing the projects based on SLA/company risk.
- As a manager I was responsible to determine timelines based on the identified risk and urgency of implementation which includes but not limited to, track process, identify obstacles and to drive projects to completion.
- Provided weekly and/or monthly status reports on multiple projects to higher management, including explaining all variances. The iterations were two weeks with quarterly release schedule.
- Other responsibilities were: Periodic review of operations with client, reporting including budget, identifying gaps and risks/issues, identifying demand and fulfillment of resources, tracked quality improvements, and identified delays/obstacles.
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
Agile PM/Scrum Master
- Worked on MyBI project delivery. The goal of the project is to provide internal employees capabilities to search, create reports and access to data based on their delegation. The scope also included presenting a data-warehouse layer involving ETL process to create the metadata &schema and the integration to 18 (more to come) systems/applications made it more complex. The sprint was two weeks duration and release delivery every 4 weeks.
- Status report showing the budget, schedule based on release plan, scope including change management, risks, and issues were sent weekly and per iteration to the portfolio management including the executives.
- Facilitated and participated in the SAFe/scrum ceremonies - Release planning, Scrum of Scrums, PO Sync, Sprint Planning, and daily Scrum, and Backlog grooming, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospectives.
- Closely monitored the Scrum Team progress, removed the impediments, tracked issues/ risks during the sprint.
- Improved commitment reliability from 50% to 80% mainly through detailed planning on integration with other teams and capacity.
- Tracked Metrics like backlog health, average velocity, commitment reliability, capacity utilization, scope change (added and descoped story points), estimation variance, and defect leakage in addition to budgeting and capacity management.
- 7000 resources were ;aid off due to Direct TV and Confidential & Confidential merger.
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Senior Project/Program Manager/Scrum Master
- As a Sr. IT Manager, responsibility included the overall direction, coordination, execution, control, and completion of assigned medium to large complex Information Technology projects, ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals.
- Responsible for managing project budgets, resources (internal/vendor) and timeline through final work product delivery.
- Performed scope planning and change control management activities Confidential program and work stream level.
- Responsible for assembling and coordinating project resources (internal and/or contracted staff) in collaboration with resource managers ensuring appropriate skills are obtained as well as engaging appropriate stakeholders to support and deliver work products which meets business goals and objectives.
- This project required heavy collaboration with business teams for requirements/testing/implementation shake out and with the director of business team on $1.8M budget.
- Participated in planning of SAFe adoption for release management.
- Communicated with business stakeholders consistently on the challenges encountered during analysis/development/testing establishing engagement and transparency.
- Established a buffer and a range (limits) on the budget to handle the scope changes added later in the project.
- Worked with onsite team of 30+ resources and offshore team of 100+ resources using agile Iterative delivery methods.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Development of new project for maintenance of Business Process Insurance services for Resolution Life on Mainframe, EDI, and WEB/CRM applications
- Accountable for the major work stream of Lift and Shift of the policy admin system- Cyberlife(PAS), Illustrations, and Reinsurance system from Confidential to Confidential and set up of many more work streams (Documaker, Convey(Tax), Unclaimed property, Billing, Cash management system, check disbursement system, fund prospectus with Merrill, Commissions with Allstate, On demand correspondence etc.) that were part of the framework structure to accommodate the client requirements and provide business process services to the end customers.
- The primary responsibilities were delivery management, resource management, planning, schedule management, budget management, execution, monitor and control, integration management, phase gate reviews, client’s approval/validation process etc., defect management on the work streams, lead for dress rehearsal and cut over.
- Managed Services across multiple tracks using ITSM process, like change management, incident management, problem management, system and application monitoring, represented the program/applications in Change control review board, maintain SLA’s, emergency migration process, etc.
- On time and on budget delivery resulting in customer (Lincoln Life) satisfaction. 2) Outstanding Integration management involving lot of coordination effort especially when there were technical limitations on how the data was lift and shifted from All State to Confidential through Resolution Life. 3) Extensive stakeholder/client engagement in each of the framework structure and functional processes enabling them to understand on how the system works. 4) Collaborated on the manual processes such as review of error reports, fraud alerts, anti-money laundering reports etc., for the corresponding business user teams.
Confidential, North Wales, PA
- Development of Quality Control Compliant System and EDI. The main objective of the project is to eliminate the current multiple (6) compliant systems and create one compliant system for the entire Confidential products.
- The scope also included creating a data-warehouse (ETL process) as a middle layer for the BI to create analytical reports based on the delegation of the users.
- The product TrackWise was customized heavily based on client’s requirements.
- Smooth collaboration between cross functional teams including scheduling/facilitating meetings across serval countries in different time zone (Sweden, Germany, Australia, Japan, India etc.).
- Resolved conflicts between functional teams to adhere to best practices of the application/technology.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Development of new project and maintenance of EDI Ecommerce, Data Warehouse (middle layer), and WEB/CRM applications
- As a capability program manager for Datawarehouse, EDI, WEB and CRM, acted as a liaison between sponsors, stakeholders, customers, architects, business analyst, developers, and other capability/functional team members. The primary responsibilities include but not limited to planning program activities, cost benefit analysis, benefits transition/ sustainment to business team, resource management, project management, stakeholder engagement, quality improvement, change management and status reporting for maintenance & development projects to ensure the budget and the schedule are met.
- In this position my communication and collaboration skills, and my ability to provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution and delivering results were part of the day-to-day activities during different phases of the project/program. Worked with governance team to resolve escalations and on demand forecast/fulfillment while driving for continuous improvement.
- This position also involved the ITSM service manager role for the programs I was responsible for. Represented the application/team in the CCRB (change control review board), emergency implementation process, incident management, problem management, system monitoring, application monitoring etc.
- Managed multi-million-dollar budget ($1.6M “lights on” budget per year plus ~$2M on projects/year), and internal and external onshore/offshore resources.
- Executed organizational strategy alignment with program goals and objectives in relation to the subprograms and projects.
- Managed the deployment of multiple projects such as: Licensing and Appointment Inbound Updates, Producer Management System, Core Income7, Signature7, Alert Initiatives, Email Capture (phase1,2, &3), Allianz222, Fixed Custodial, Life Agency, Responsys Upgrade, and State approvals in compliance with Allianz-life PMLC and SDLC processes, while ensuring stakeholder requirements.
- Established knowledge repository, improved the EDI system efficiency by more than 300%, kept the estimates/budgets low as possible by questioning and establishing understanding of the scope among vendor teams.
- Was one of the outstanding PM to find defects on project server configuration. Resolved conflicts between functional teams to adhere to best practices of the application/technology.
- Have a practice of establishing or enhancing the knowledge repositories of the capability with audio and video sessions along with documentation. This turned out to be a very positive outcome and other programs were encouraged to do so by the director.
- Built dashboards for stakeholders to keep a pulse on production jobs and data including statistics of environment up and down times.
- Established SCRUM practices for 2 programs.
- Was the first to implement the Life Insurance Broker License and data-ware project with DTCC among the six leading life insurance companies like Fidelity, Franklin, Merrill, etc. The Sponsor was extremely happy about the outcome.
Confidential, Hollywood, CA
Project Manager/Product lead
- Development of new API project on ORACLE IDM application using agile methodology and Scrum framework.
- Implemented lean UX for the identity management application.
Confidential, Novato, CA
Project Manager/Business Analyst
- Development of new project on Commercial Insurance Quote/Policy WEB application.
Confidential, Brea, CA
- Maintenance of existing systems Guidewire in IT Scrum team, defect triaging, reported KPI’s on production environment/defects, warranty defects to product management and director, extensive collaboration with product owners in creating product backlog items based on the feedback from market.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Project Manager & Software Consultant
- Support and Development of new projects for auto, fire, and marketing team
- Support and Development of mainframe application for billing and policy system.