An accomplished IT professional with 25 years combined experience in both the software and hardware industry. Primary goal is to provide superior service in the area of Business Analysis, with added service in Project Management. Amar is currently seeking a Business Analyst role. Overall objective is to provide business solutions and cost savings in an efficient, time saving manner.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote and Publisher)
- Microsoft Power BI
- Microsoft Project
- Microsoft Report Writer
- Microsoft SQL (Stored Procedure, Functions, Tables & Triggers)
- Oracle Scripts
- OBIEE Reports
- RPD design and development
- SQL Server 2005 & 2008
- SSRS and SSAS; Microsoft Visio
- Team Foundation Server
- Visual Basic (DOT NET)
Sr. Business Analyst / OBIEE & Confidential Reports Developer
- Managed the migration of the Confidential Server to relocate internally from an outsourcing vendor; tested internal and external firewall security. Managed User CAL licensing (Document, Session and Named user). Created a dashboard to monitor usage of licensing and user activity on all Dashboards. Managed user access and security to Confidential documents, loop and reduce on key fields, and sheet level security.
- Created Oracle scripts to be used in QVD file generation. Optimized data models to enhance dashboard load efficiency. Created several dashboards for senior executives to monitor business performance.
- Wrote scripts for building of Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIE) reporting. Assisted with the creation of subject areas for customized Oracle Reporting. Involved in various discovery projects to assist with the ETL team with the building of new tables in Arrow ECS’s Data Mart. Modified Oracle Repository (RPD) files to enhance and create new subject areas for OBIEE Report catalog and dashboard creation. Practiced using development methods such as star and snowflake data model design concepts.
- Created executive - level dashboard reports that summarized Arrow’s financial growth Year over Year as well as customized detailed reports outlining regional sales growth and forecasting for future growth on a quarterly basis. Converted older Confidential reports to Power BI reporting platform.
- Gathered business requirements from users and developed the Data Model to be used to develop Confidential dashboards. Responsible for Confidential server management and maintenance (CAL licensing, publishing dashboards, scheduling jobs and securing dashboard access). Worked with DBA’s to develop and implement a workflow process from Data Mart to populate Confidential dashboards. Utilized best practice methodologies.
Sr. Business Analyst / Confidential Developer
- Gathered business requirements from users and developed the Data Model to be used to develop Confidential dashboards. Dashboards were used to analyze sales strengths and weaknesses to help the sales force prioritize on methodologies that are successful.
- Worked with DBA’s to model data from key source systems that are to be used by Confidential for quick problem resolution.
- Worked with clients to gather business requirements and develop technical documents to support Confidential QVD, Qlikmart and dashboard development and testing.
- Also maintained the Confidential architecture within Torchmark by monitoring the Confidential server performance, publishing dashboards, managing dashboard run schedules, maintaining assigned licenses (CALs), managing user and group level security for dashboard access and monitoring available disk space.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Analyzed client needs for data processing and report deliverables. Assisted with systems implementation with other vendors (SAP, IVR, UCCX) to ensure deadlines were met.
- Created technical specification documents to outline data processing and delivery methods. Developed data models for the purpose of housing client data.
- Wrote SSRS, SSIS and Confidential reports for clients to analyze their data on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
Confidential, Addison, TX
- Responsible for automating report delivery to Food Service vendors and distributors using SQL, SSIS and MS Access databases;
- provide innovative and time saving solutions for customer ad-hoc requests and minimizing production process errors.
- Work directly with clients on developing new project requests and manage both customer and confidential expectations;
- log and maintain deliverables to the client to ensure project milestones are achieved on a timely basis
Business Analyst I / Production Support
Confidential, Centennial, CO
- Primary responsibilities include maintaining existing code base to quickly resolve any production-related issues, and develop enhancements requested by the business to support any new product releases.
- Responsible for the redesign and revamp of the Proposals real-time quote system, migrating from a manual data entry process to an on-demand quote system. Accomplished the goal of saving Confidential approximately 1.5 million dollars annually and reduced sales quote times by 70%.
Lead Project Web Coordinator
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
- Managed the regional office's SharePoint portal, where employee information, document repository and systems information data was housed; adding enhancements to the SharePoint forms as needed.
- Responsible for the design and creation of a centralized data-mart for the regional office Importing data from Microsoft Access, Excel and Oracle into a SQL database server.
- Wrote web-based applications using Microsoft.NET to maintain the data mart. Implemented Microsoft VBA Excel functions for pulling data from Confidential Mart. Accomplished the goal of saving Allstate $750,000 in time and report processing expenditures and reduced report delivery times by 75%.
eBusiness Project Manager
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
- Played a key role in the redesign of the company's web site ( http://www. Confidential .com).
- Designed the template structure, menu navigation and functionality, as well as assisted the eBusiness team in deploying updated content to the new site via a Java-based content management system.
- Successful in meeting the deadline for posting the new public-facing web site before the company went public.
- Saved Confidential approximately $1.8 million in potential 3rd party expenses and managed to release the new Confidential .com and ihsenergy.com web sites on time and on budget.
Confidential, Englewood, Colorado
- Responsible for the design of an intranet based selling tool to increase company revenue, to track revenue and provide a valuable, one-stop information source for the sales force. This includes working with the Information Technology group to utilize the latest technology and security in accordance with company policy.
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and the publishing of content to the company's Intranet-based web site called WEBPort. Saved Confidential approximately $560,000 in potential of purchasing 3rd party (off the shelf) software.
Windows NT Network Administrator
Maintained the medical database server, which stored patient records and billing information. Was the key point of contact when deploying the Confidential software to local doctor's offices and clinics throughout the Denver metropolitan area. He scheduled weekly "pushes" of software updates from the primary server to the client offices. Required regular table updates which were in SQL format to add new client offices.
2nd Shift Systems Operator
Responsible for the procedural documentation of the Confidential system. This production system provided Fortune 500 clients with the latest stock quotes and market trends from the past week's activity and is bundled with the Confidential software for clients to make market predictions.