- Senior Project Manager, Business Analyst, Scrum Master, and SAFe Agilist. Specialty: Managing software development projects. During the past ten years, served as a full - time IT project manager, managing multiple simultaneous software development projects, supporting federal government agencies.
- Organizations supported include Confidential organizations. Former software developer, SQL Server database administrator, and holds a master’s degree in Mathematics.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), PMP, CSPO, and ITILv3 who, over the course of the last twenty years in the IT field, has provided over 15 years of full-time project management services. Business analysis services provided include: elicitation, enterprise analysis (including as-is analysis and modeling, to-be analysis and modeling, and gap analysis), requirements analysis, requirements communication & requirements management, stakeholder management, and solution assessment & validation (including defining transition requirements).
- Reviewed and updated Requests for Information (RFI) in preparation for publication to FedBizOpps
- Provided visibility to and tracked critical project activities and milestones
- Coordinated and managed the development of RFI response assessment criteria
- Coordinated and managed the development of assessment criteria, and requirements traceability matrix (RTM) for vendor demonstrations and testing
- Worked with Technical Leads to identify and coordinate hands-on vendor tool evaluation activities, including collaborating with Cyber Security in identifying and minimizing any risks to Confidential
- Led weekly project team meetings to assess project status and risks, and recommend risk management strategies
- Provided lessons learned and recommendation for improved Procurement-CIO collaboration in acquisition projects
- Provided presentations to senior stakeholders, division chiefs and branch chiefs on project status, facilitating decision-making at senior levels
- Collaborated with Contracting Officers, Vendor Management Division stakeholders and Task Order Managers in understanding procurement strategies and processes and disseminating these strategies and processes to the project team, as they evolve
- Kept project teams aware of the Flow of project Critical Activities and Milestones
- Maintained accurate project schedules and risk registers and kept them up-to-date, facilitating accurate reporting at all levels
- Provided timely project status reports, reflecting current project status and issues that required action
Scrum Master and Project Manager
- Elicit requirements, develop use cases, develop Requirements Documentation, develop Project Management Plans, develop
- Performance Management Plans, collaborate with team to develop Integrated Master Schedules, Team Management, SDLC documentation support, Agile Scrum team support (sprint planning, grooming, sprint review, retrospective, daily stand-up), Proposal support, Confidential appraisal support, Contract Transition support, Contract documentation support.
- Managed a team of Java, UI, database and infrastructure engineers in developing a Web-based, application for a federal client, converting a closed, internal paper-based system to a public-facing automated system with integrated workflow.
- Also provided Scrum coaching to stakeholders.
- Led daily scrum
- Led sprint planning
- Managed sprint demonstrations
- Led retrospectives
- Managed grooming sessions
- Provided Scrum coaching to stakeholders
Project Manager and Scrum Master
- Successfully managed a team of Java developers and system testers in initiating and completing multiple sprints, on-time.
- Led sprint planning sessions to ensure user story descriptions are clear and acceptance criteria is testable
- Led grooming sessions to ensure user stories are sufficiently decomposed, properly sized, contain clear definitions, and testable acceptance criteria.
- Led daily morning scrum to provide visibility to risks, issues and accomplishments.
- Led sprint reviews to ensure the shippable product meets requirements
- Led sprint retrospectives to improve process
IT Project Manager
- Instrumental in achieving successful Confidential corporate appraisal.
- Implemented key internal process improvement initiatives
- Provided business analysis services, managed a team of business analysts, test engineers, and service desk technicians in developing requirements documentation and test documentation as an integral part of the SDLC.
IT Project Manager
- Provided project management services and requirements business analysis services to multiple IT projects in a Confidential and ISO 9000 organization.
- Created and maintained project schedules using Microsoft Project; Implemented Agile Scrum methods; Developed UML design and documentation diagrams using Sparx Enterprise Architect and managed an IT SOA Program.
- Managed senior stakeholders' expectations.
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring, Enterprise Analysis, Solution Assessment and Validation, Requirements Management and Communication, Requirements Analysis & Elicitation.
- Briefed senior stakeholders on state of project and product requirements.
- Provided project management services and business analysis services (primarily enterprise analysis); managed the Application Development division of the OSD CIO, on-site at the CIO Mobile Office Complex. IT enterprise consisted of .NET, SharePoint, and enterprise Java applications, within an ITIL organizational framework and PMI project framework.
- Reduced future return-to-service duration times by implementing a knowledge base of issues and solutions.
IT Project Manager
- Managed the District-wide 311 call center procurement project: The Citizen Interaction and Relationship Management (CIRM) project, and also provided business analysis services for this initiative.
- Primary business analysis services provided were enterprise analysis: Collaborated with SMEs to define the business need, assessed capability gaps, and defined the scope of the solution.
- The CIRM team consisted of 16 team members from five District agencies. Led the evaluation of vendor technical proposals; scored the proposals and wrote the resulting technical report.
- Led the evaluation of proofs of concept; scored them and wrote the resulting technical report.
- Evaluated vendor Best and Final Offers, scored them and wrote resulting technical reports.
IT Project Manager
- IT project manager, for the Readiness Assessment System, supporting the Defense Information Systems Agency.
- Directly managed a team of 25 J2EE software developers, systems administrators, testers, and documentation writers to include: management throughout the entire SDLC, interviewing, hiring, performance appraisals, and disciplinary action.
- Managed work product development and delivery to customer (software modules, test cases and documentation).
- Managed software releases.
- Managed project Scope, Time, Quality, Risk, Staff, Communications, Integration.
IT Project Manager and Application Developer
- Project manager and software developer. Managed a team of six software developers. In replacing a legacy software system with modern technology and performed requirements gathering (business analysis) services, elicited, modeled and documented requirements
- Developed software, and managed a small team of developers in support of the Priority Telecommunications Service (PTS) project, supporting the Telecommunications Service Priority (TSP) office at the Confidential in Arlington, Virginia.
- The Confidential, now a component of the Department of Homeland Security, provides for the provisioning and restoration of telecommunications circuits for National Security and Emergency Preparedness users.
- Successfully planned for and upgraded the COTS software supporting the PTS application project.