AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Product Management
- Agile | SCRUM
- Project & Portfolio Management
- Product Marketing & Positioning
- Business Analysis & Requirements Management
- UX & Design
- Digital Transformation
- Change Management
- Industry Partnership Development
- Business Intelligence & Analytics
- Technical Writing Documentation
- Vendor Evaluation & Management
- Office 365 and SharePoint
- BI & Analytics: Microsoft Power BI and Tableau
- Microsoft Windows Suite: MS Word, Power Point, Visio, Excel
- Agile/Scrum: Microsoft Team Foundation Server, JIRA, and Rally
- UI Prototyping Tools: Justinmind, Mockflow, Balsamiq
- Workday (HCM and Finance)
Product and Project Management Specialist
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Define and manage the product roadmap and release planning for an online interactive data analytics product supported through approx. $5 million in foundation grants including the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. The solution helps post - secondary institutions understand student performance to develop actionable insights and make informed decisions to support student success.
- Collaborate with a team of business analysts, enterprise architect, third-party consulting teams, and a UX designer; establish Agile processes to include roadmap and user story development with well-defined acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the enterprise architect to plan and estimate capacity needs for the business intelligence platform to scale beyond current capacity of 150 institutions to over 500 institutions by the end of 2019 through full operationalization of the business intelligence lifecycle.
- Collaborate with the company’s Research Center to facilitate customer feedback on the product through formal Customer Advisory research activities with all stakeholders, including institutions, states, initiatives, and funders.
- Define a prioritization model and release schedule for enhancements across all stakeholders.
- Managed product launch activities: established end user onboarding and customer support processes via Salesforce; collaborated with corporate marketing to launch new website.
Consultant | Product Owner & Senior Analyst
Confidential, Falls Church, VA
- Responsible for gaining trust and owning customer relationships to manage a digital transformation initiative for Confidential ’s Confidential and across all the corporation’s 13 subsidiary companies (business units).
- Design end-to-end solutions to automate and digitize the corporation’s international offset and contract pipeline to ensure global policy compliance, audit tracking, and corporate-wide collaboration.
- Lead Proof of Concept initiatives by defining roadmaps and conduct customer evaluations, and work with technical teams to finalize technical approach/design.
- Develop Concept of Operations (CONOPS) documents to convey end user needs from an integrated systems point of view across the CIO portfolio. Project plan spans business services including HR, finance, supply chain management, facilities and meeting management, collaboration and knowledge management.
- Manage an Agile software development process; create user stories and backlogs, develop use case scenarios, data flow diagrams, and user interface designs. Define UAT plans and manage resources to ensure an exceptional user experience.
- Work with stakeholders and conduct on-site visits to identify and articulate business need and justification for new programs, services, and ongoing operations.
Project Manager and Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Project managed a global matrixed team of 10+ resources across broad multi-disciplinary technical, financial, legal, and business disciplines in the evolution of al products onto new digital platforms. Owned the product lifecycle from initial concept to delivery − developed the project charter, scope document, communication plan, test plan, risk mitigation strategy, and compliance requirements (GDPR, ePHI, and Section 508). Focused teams on business objectives to achieve desired results.
- Advised PMO on vendor selection processes and managed vendor relationships to transition from an on-premise IT portfolio to a cloud-based SaaS portfolio. Ensured selected vendors provided the greatest ROI by leading a rigorous selection process in the areas of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing, CRM, ERP (Human Capital Management & Finance), Learning Management, Payments, and Marketing Automation. Identified stakeholders, gathered requirements, wrote RFPs, led proof-of-concept evaluations, worked with stakeholders to short-list vendors and conducted final vendor negotiations.
- Led in cost estimation analysis and developed Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models for major software acquisitions and projects; worked with stakeholders to develop a thorough understanding of requirements, business priorities, and future roadmaps to assess end user base, hardware and software environments, project timing and priority, security requirements, and other major drivers of cost and schedule.
- Developed a change management strategy and plan for the implementation of Workday; led in executing plans to ensure end user adoption; inventoried business process changes, developed targeted communications and learning venues, on-line, short instructional videos, job aids, and classroom and virtual .
- Project managed a SharePoint 2016 redesign effort supporting candidates with disabilities requiring special assistance and accessibility technologies during exams. Developed a governance plan to ensure compliance with legal standards mandated in the Americans with Disabilities Act and HIPAA.
- Collaborated with corporate marketing and legal on go-to-market launch activities; worked on final copyright and trademark registrations for both interstate and foreign commerce; collaborated with marketing to ensure all new branding was properly positioned internally and with industry partners across all touch points including marketing collateral, print products, and digital platforms.
Senior Product Manager
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Developed strategic product roadmaps for the company’s flagship learning management product; defined future capabilities in areas including learning technologies, digital, E-Commerce, social media, mobile, business intelligence and analytics. Project managed the development of new products and features across the entire software development lifecycle.
- Managed a complex user interface redesign project including 508c support supervising a team of 5 business analysts and UX consultants in the creation of site maps, story boards, personas, requirements, and detailed UX designs. The effort helped the company win the Best of eLearning " of Excellence" in 2013 and increased new revenues by 30%.
- Internationalized the company’s flagship product on a new e-Business platform. Designed the customer journey across business functions to support: multiple domains, uniquely branded product catalogs, digital content delivery, support for 28 languages, multiple currencies and payment methods, B2B and B2C transactions, and U.S and international sales tax.
- Led in the design and early customer usability testing of the LMS mobile app to ensure a responsive design for iPad or iPhone, and Android.
- Performed market and competitive research and analysis to make build, buy, or partner recommendations. Forged industry partnerships, defined integration specifications leveraging the product's open API library and worked on go-to-market strategies and launch.
- Captured the “voice of the customer” into MRD documents by synthesizing a variety of research methods including focus group meetings, customer interviews and surveys, sales win/loss analysis, internal stakeholder feedback, and industry analyst findings.
- Introduced Agile/SCRUM processes to an existing waterfall development environment. Defined product roadmap themes and established a product backlog of epics, user stories, use case scenarios, and release acceptance criteria prioritized by market need and greatest ROI.
- Wrote product statements of direction and positioning statements to message key features, reasoning, and product advantages.
- Collaborated with corporate marketing on go-to-market launch activities, developed sales material and presentations; conducted .
Senior Business Consultant
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Developed roadmap for a new web-based private and public web portal for the U.S. Forest Service’s R&D division to automate their formal Technology Transfer model, which supports bringing products to maturity, and the marketing and delivery of products to the world-wide scientific community for use in and scientific research.
- Interfaced with client representatives from 7 of the Forest Service's research stations located nationwide to define, analyze, and translate functional and non-functional requirements into workflows, state diagrams, use case scenarios, and wireframes.
- Formulated a business intelligence and reporting strategy identifying data required for key metrics required from Forest Service R&D for the Confidential central data warehouse to report on key metrics required by OMB and in response to U.S. Congress data calls.
Confidential, Vienna, VA
Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Managed the company's enterprise Association Management Solution (AMS) comprised of 16+ modules.
- Managed a customer research corps comprised of 140 + customers to conduct market research and elicit business and software requirements through focus group meetings and interviews.
- Collaborated with industry and OEM partners to define integration strategies that worked with the product's service-oriented-architecture, decreased development costs, generated new revenue opportunities, and promoted synergies across areas of expertise.
- Wrote formal market requirements documents (MRDs) that defined required features and functionality required for new products successfully released to the market, generating approximately $1.5 million in new revenues.