An accomplished Scrum Master & IT Project Manager having multiple years of proven experience in successfully delivering strategically important initiatives on time and within budget is looking for a new opportunity to contribute to the growth of an organization by utilizing expertise in the areas of Agile Project Management.
- More than 1.5 decades of experience in delivering entire Software development and System integration projects on time and within budget for large insurance organizations.
- Excellent Project management skills with Leadership qualities in delivering complex business critical projects/programs on time with a focus on improving overall Quality of the projects & processes.
- Efficient and Effective communication with the technical teams as well as with the business partners to represent projects and programs accurately to the management.
- Multiple years of experience in successfully managing balanced as well as projectized matrix teams.
- Excellent team building skills and an ability to provide coaching and mentoring the team members in delivering highest value to the client’s organization.
- As an experienced Scrum Master and Project manager, worked on multiple technology projects in successfully delivering large complex projects on schedule.
- Having an excellent understanding on software processes, problem solving attitude and learning agility helped clients in delivering complex projects on schedule with confidence.
- Being a certified Agile Scrum Master and Project Management professional, I have used my skills in successfully implementing projects that resulted into 20% improvement in productivity.
- Insurance industry experience of more than 8 years in delivering large business critical projects.
- Facilitated Agile scrum methodology transformation for Confidential and Confidential insurance teams and ensure that these high performing teams embrace agile values and principles by providing necessary coaching.
- As a Scrum Master, managed efficiently large claims technical teams / business stakeholders for implementing Confidential insurance software for their GL (General Liability) products on time.
- Successfully delivered multiple strategically important and business critical projects of more than 15,000 hrs. each with a budget of $1.5 - 2 Million on time, within budget and with stakeholder satisfaction.
- Delivered concurrently several divisional projects and mandates on time and within budget despite very aggressive timelines, with frequent scope changes and stringent budget requirements.
- As an I/S project manager, delivered projects of business criticality which resulted into improved premium payment frequency (daily) for the client by moving project to the new payment platform.
- As a principal consultant, I initiated a program to build a scalable master database which can accommodate entire billing data that can be used in resolving multiple business pain points.
- As a claims Project manager, I successfully delivered multiple strategically important multiyear, multimillion $ projects within specified timeline and budget which resulted into increase in productivity by 20% and significantly enhanced customer experience for the organization.
- As an Integration Project manager, successfully integrated complex system to launch a product on time with customer satisfaction resulted into strengthening partnership for multiple projects.
TECHNICAL & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
Environment/Technology used: IBM Mainframe, Open Systems, Java and .NET. Mainframe utilities MVS/ESA 4.2, COBOL, CICS, JCL, DOCGENER, FILE - AID, ENDEVOR & IDMS, MIDDLEWARE, Xpediter - Debugging tool, File Aid and Abend Aid, Data Ager.
Tools/Software used: MS Project, Jira for Product/Sprint backlog, Confluence for requirements management, Rally, TFS, Clarity for budget management, Jira for defects mgmt., MS SharePoint, IBM- Lotus Notes, VSS - Configuration Management tool, IBM redaction tool, MS-Office suite.
Core Competencies: Project Management & Agile Scrum skills for Application development and System Integration projects. Issues, risks and dependencies management. Managing Triple constraints effectively. Excellent soft skills to manage teams & stakeholders effectively.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Confidential, Naperville, IL
Consultant Scrum Master
- Successfully facilitated Agile ceremonies for claims work stream by leading release planning meetings, participated actively in sprint planning meetings by involving business and tech team, backlog grooming, daily stand ups, Sprint demo & review and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Pursue teams to collaborate often and proactively seeking opportunities to improve collaboration between distributed teams like Claims, Billing, Policy and Process.
- Proactively identified risks and issues and initiated steps to work on mitigation strategies.
- Lead & Manage Sprint plans iteration, Facilitate backlog grooming sessions, plan budget forecasting and status reporting to program management.
- Lead agile projects from the initial project backlog creation and planning activities through demonstration and release deployment activities with responsibility for all aspects of the team’s productivity for all phases of the project.
- Manage Jira board for effectively managing sprint backlog and the defects.
- Embrace a servant leader role across scrum teams and support them by proactively identifying and removing impediments and dependencies.
- Facilitate frequent retrospectives sharing metrics to identify and implement improvements.
- Proactively plan and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure successful implementation of MVP work for the designated products and projects.
- Represent Claims team during Program and UAT testing and provide status to program management.
- Lead and coordinate environment upgrade efforts with the outside vendor.
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Understand business requirements and lead and facilitate Sprint/Release planning working sessions. Work with the high performing agile teams to ensure that the scrum processes are adhered to.
- Facilitate estimation process during sprint planning and backlog grooming sessions.
- Initiate and facilitate discussion with product owner on prioritizing and scheduling the backlog items for the sprints based on team’s sprint velocity.
- Proactively identified dependencies which helped the team in completing the sprints on time.
- Lead daily defects meeting and initiate actions for resolving impediments timely. Co-ordinate with multiple cross functional teams / vendors to close them quickly.
- Monitored & Tracked project progress at milestone/task level to identify delayed activities and initiate corrective actions proactively.
- Facilitate daily stand up meetings to track and monitor project progress. Discuss dependencies, defects & impediments with Policy Centre & other cross functional teams during scrum of scrum.
- Manage sprint board using Rally and TFS software and provide status to the management.
- Organize & facilitate Scrum reviews & retrospect sessions for product owner and stakeholders.
- Assign the resources to clarity and manage their allocations and project budget.
- Discuss proactively Change requests with business using Change Management process.
- Send weekly status report (Scorecard/Dashboard) to I/S project services and update the Integrated Master Plan. Participate in IS-Business management planning meetings to provide inputs on projects.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrum meetings to provide updates to business partners and IS management.
- Present the solution, Estimates and Schedule to upper management for IT approval and to Business Sponsors/ Financial director for business and budget approval respectively.
- Lead the Business / IT Project management functions for the success of the program .
- Work closely with business director to create a charter and assist in preparing detailed business requirements document.
- As an IT Project Manager, negotiated resources based on project needs & build high performing team.
- Based on the approval, kick off the project, tracked and monitor multiple projects status, identified project risks, analyzed and prioritized them. Provided mitigation strategy and monitored them to closure.
- Monitor and communicate Project progress, issues, risks and budget variance to the key stakeholders.
- Lead IT, business and Test team and guide them to ensure that project milestones are met as planned.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are deployed as per release plan and ensure that the technical and functional checkouts are successful.
- Discuss final approval on project deliverables with the business and close the project successfully.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Understand business and technical requirements, gather estimates and create a project schedule to deliver High Level Solution Design and Work Packaging.
- Present solution to business partners to get approval prior to kicking off the project.
- Lead project management function for multiple projects (Planning thru implementation).
- Stakeholder management through effective and efficient communication (verbal and written).
- Proactively identify risks, issues and dependencies and resolve them efficiently by discussing mitigation strategies with the team. Manage Changes successfully by adhering to Change management process to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Demonstrate leadership by delivering large, complex and critical projects with stakeholder satisfaction and delivering business outcome for remarkable customer experience.
- Worked in a balanced and Strong Matrix organization to create “One team” concept to deliver the project successfully to contribute to the growth of an organization.
- As a leader, demonstrated maturity in conflict resolution, mentoring the team, providing motivation to the project team and taking effective decisions in the interest of project and organization.
- Comply with the organizational processes and suggest improvements to refine the processes.
- Meeting overall program objectives to accomplish organizational goals and commitments for the customers to support overall growth of the company.