- PMI certified PMP project management professional with extensive experience in data analysis, data migration and data quality
- 10+ years of project management experience
- Experienced in leading complex business /data analysis projects in finance and banking industries from planning, project requirements, design, development, testing through implementation
- Managed reporting solutions implementation via data mart and business intelligence application.
- Building long - term productive partnerships with stakeholders, clients and business sponsors as well as ensuring technology and operational alignment with business needs.
- Key expertise in strategic planning and decision-making to effectively resolve problems, make effective recommendation, and enhance productivity.
- Well versed in Waterfall and Agile SDLC methodologies. Familiarity with Lean Six Sigma, CMMI and ITIL standards
- Managed successfully all aspects of Project Management principles such as project schedules, cost, scope, time and risk management for last 10+ years with various concurrent projects.
- Outstanding ability to thrive in environments that constantly embrace new technology in a fast-paced changing environment
- Articulate oral and verbal communication aptitudes with the capability to concisely and clearly convey technical concepts to senior executives and stakeholders
Operating Systems: Windows | UNIX
Tools: Oracle 11g | Sybase | Toad | ClearCase | CVS | ClearQuest | HP QuickTest Professional | HP Quality Center | ALM | LoadRunner | Doors
Language: SQL | Shell Scripting
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Advanced Excel, PowerPoint) | Microsoft Visio and Project | Microsoft SharePoint
Methodologies: Systems Development Life Cycle | Agile | Information Technology Infrastructure Library | Waterfall | TOGAF | UML
Senior Project Manager
- Developed a process to capture data elements from 3rd party service providers to manage internal risk to Confidential . This is a cross functional effort across the enterprise involving Procurement, Information Systems, Business Units and Audit teams
- Managed data quality assurance activities ensuring that internal risk and compliance projects have complete and accurate artifacts and are shared in compliance of project/program communication plans.
- Created effective data strategy to consolidate the data elements required from the 3rd party service providers
- Assessed effectiveness of control and provided recommendations to senior management
- Facilitated Daily Stand-up, Planning, Grooming & Review/Demo
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Direct/Manage information technology projects of mid-large size strategic initiatives of varied complex nature throughout the SDLC (systems development life cycle) phases from concept to deployment and maintenance
- Responsible for preparing business cases and business plans of IT solutions in alignment with business sponsor’s goals and objectives
- Documents and analyzes business problems within the program offices and develops strategies that leverage IT to improve service delivery to stakeholders.
- Engages managers and users to develop project requirements and collaborates with other staff to transform them to functional requirements for IT support services, including automation solutions.
- Responsible for overseeing business/data analysis for a large re-engineering effort of loan accounting system that involved large ETL development, build new data warehouse and data mart, creating reporting solution using Business intelligence and migrating data from legacy to data mart
- Lead Daily Scrum stand up meetings especially grooming and prioritize the backlog by working closely with product owner.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
- Responsible for UAT and Business Operations testing of the new initiatives and ensure the product meets customers’ requirements
- Conduct regular performance reviews of the team, provided constructive feedback and identified development opportunities.
- Prepare memos, briefings and other background material concerning substantive issues, findings, conclusions and proposed solutions to keep management and appropriate staff involved at key decision points.
- COTS product management -
- Evaluate vendor products. Negotiate software acquisition from vendor.
- Developed software integration with COTS products from planning, design, development, testing, implementation and training. Developed acceptance criteria for financial systems.
- Risk and controls Management -
- Design SOX and internal process controls for the projects
- Perform Quarterly access reviews and ensure that right people have the right access
- Ensure Nonpublic information (NPI) is handled appropriately
- Document Control description and capture the evidence needed for testing the controls
- Perform gap analysis of the risk coverage and recommend changes
- Determine key and non-key controls of the process
- Successful delivery of 4 large scale strategic initiatives in alignment with clients’ demands and requirements within scope time and budget
- Implementation of process automation of several manual processes resulting in savings of about 1000 hours of human effort in a year and $200K in savings
- Implementation of a change management process framework for expediting the turnaround process for customer requests
Application Quality Manager
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Prepared Statement of Work with vendor for providing testing “managed services”
- Worked with procurement department to set up procurement policy with the vendor and SLAs established for monitoring the performance of the vendor
- Set up peer level validation process for testing contractor work and approved work deliverables.
- Reviewed the scope of the work with the vendor and assigned the work
- Negotiated changes to requirements between the business sponsor and contractor staff.
- Reviewed contractor changes management processes to ensure that they meet Confidential guidelines.
- Analyzed work requests from System Owners making sure all requirements are fully documented in preparation to assigning to contract staff.
- Reviewed Test Strategy, System and UAT Test plan, test cases, test data, test schedules from the vendor and approved the same
- Performed evaluation of System performance in terms of efficiency, speed, responsiveness to US Treasury requirements
- Monitored program effectiveness, providing reporting as necessary
- Supervised a staff of 10 UAT analysts and provided coaching and mentoring
- Created Standards of Operating procedures document for the department.
- Drove business growth by automating testing process for progression and regression testing, which reduced the execution time by 40% and staff usage by 40%. streamlined the user acceptance process via risk based testing methodology to expedite the testing timelines with the consent from stakeholders
Business Analysis Manager
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Provided support for data/business analysis activities, including gathering user requirements, as well as implementing user acceptance plan and customer adaptation of changes to new/existing products in loan acquisition area
- Responsible for creating functional specification document for the projects
- Monitored compliance with corporate controls and standards to guarantee the implementation of changes, projects, infrastructure, and bug fixes.
- Retired a redundant and over complicated data mining application with a new and improved data mining routine, which significantly reduced time from 24 hours to 1 hour and improved results quality.
- Acquired additional $450K revenue through implementation of new products
Confidential, Herndon, VA
- Implemented an integrated Release management, Configuration management and change management tool to track the life cycle of the software release process
- Established an automated 24x7 support model for continuous software deployment
- Prepared Change/configuration plans for each application and job aids for new analysts to support the migrations
- Prepared metrics for deployment activities and communicated to customers and stakeholders
- Provided guidance and direction to analysts, responsible for conducting volume and stress testing support of web-based and non-web based applications to ensure compatibility of applications with the defined threshold limits.
- Administered project estimation, scope, time, risk, and change, while coordinating with application performance and infrastructure and creating recommendation to owning parties.
- Created user manuals for the new integrated release management tool.
- Active member of software configuration management (SCM) taskforce in the enterprise, which defined enterprise standards and procedures on ITIL principles.
- Implemented an integrated release management tool consisting of Software configuration, change and Release management components via a single sign-on tool. This tool provided workflow for software deployment and cut down on the deployment times into various environments via reduction in the number of tickets and number of approvals required.