Successful Career with Leadership, Management and Engineering experience of twenty years in IT, telecommunications, digital cable, computer, and defense electronics. Proficient in developing and executing detailed implementation plans of complex telecommunication networks on a global scale. Very effective at defining and executing design criteria, product management requirements, business development strategies, and international logistics .
- Agile, Waterfall, SCRUM, JIRA, IoT, PMP protocols, SDLC, Confidential, MPEG, DOCSIS, OTT, Cloud, VoIP, TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, LAN, WAN, SNMP, IMS, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word,
- Excellent Verbal, Written, and Presentation Skills.
Confidential, PEACHTREE CITY, GA
Sr. ENGINRING PROGRAM MANAGER
- Worked with a cross functional team to manage programs from concept to commercial execution and post - sales support including service packs and bug fixes
- Coordinated closely with project stakeholders and cross-functional teams to document project scope and objectives
- Integrated business, marketing and technology elements to create a cohesive project vision and team charter.
- Coordinated with one or more scrum teams in a waterfall and Agile environment to maintain a project plan aligned with Confidential stage gate product development process
- Managed project and product definition activities related to marketing and/or technical requirements
- Worked with the project team to define, assess and mitigate risks that have a major impact on project cost, schedule, investment and technology.
- Executed programs within scope, time and budget.
- Documented project activities, issues, concerns and status to keep management informed and enable timely resolution of project problems.
- Participated in the development and use of project management procedures and guidelines at Eaton
- Created schedules, identified critical path, throughout execution.
- Managed new product development and introductions of electrical, mechanical, software, and firmware products.
- Provided periodic program updates (Program Status Report - Green/Yellow/Red) of current situation relating to contractual milestones and problem/high risk areas (e.g., technical, cost, and schedule
- Worked in cross-disciplinary manner with other departments (e.g., Manufacturing, Marketing, Procurement, Customer Support, Suppliers, etc.) and facilitates the stage gate processe
Confidential, Lawrenceville, GA
Sr. Staff PROGRAM MANAGER
- Product Approval Committee chairman/facilitator of $2B+ Business Unit responsible for coordination of all projects via Stage/Gate and funnel processes
- Primary Program Management interface for next generation International Video, Gateway and Cloud and D Confidential /IP products.
- Business Critical responsibilities as part of $2B+ Business Unit includes leading cross functional development and integration teams for the development and deployment of new products into a global market. Customers located in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia, and South America
- Defined and Managed the development of next generation products integrating 3 rd party ASICS, 3 rd party SW, 3 rd party applications with a common hardware architecture and SW platform
- Managed Matrixed Organization consisting of R&D and other functional organizations. Reporting structure included HW, SW, Test, Integration, QA, NPI, Business Development, Product Management and Customer Service. Total Program team size was in the 100s of personnel. Team members were located domestically and globally
- Delivered Next Generation D Confidential /IP Gateway (XB3) to Confidential . Partnered with Intel Corporation for joint development utilizing Intel’s PUMA6 chip and SW stack.
- Primary I/F to the customer for project budgeted at $10M+and lasted 2+ years. Managed the project from Concept to Deployment. More than 2 Million units containing the HW and SW have been deployed. Product currently advertised as fastest in home WIFI
- Product deliverables included Regulatory compliance for Confidential and UL s. MoCA, and WIFI s, DOCSIS (Cable Labs) . Customer acceptance testing for both HW and SW duration of 6+months at the customer location. Successfully coordinated launch of HW and SW product at customer market trials in multiple locations
- SW stack included components such as JAVA, MAC OS, Windows OS, C++, HTML,
Business Development Manager
- Supporting and driving strategic planning activities and processes for the Sector related to Confidential, OTT, Video over DOCSIS, next generation settops, and residential gateway strategies
- Competitive analysis and customer champion to drive joint strategic venture planning activities for Cable and Telco industries .
- Key member of selected contract negotiations team on strategic $1M+ customer deals
- Managed Tier 1 Confidential trials with Cox, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, and Rogers
SR Staff Program Manager
- Business Critical responsibilities included leading cross-functional development and integration teams for the deployment of Confidential required cable card Settop Terminals. This included newly designed h/w, s/w, applications, and communications infrastructure.
- Defined and Managed the development of OCAP (Tru2way) Middleware application for Confidential ’s set top box terminals
- Management and coordination of multi-million Tru2way project with all Tier 1 MSOs to meet the Confidential 707 deadline. ed the 707 MVP by Confidential for accomplishing the 707 goal for separable security
- Additional duties included establishment of deployment priorities, scheduling, budgets and communication to internal and external executives
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Managed the deployment of Packaging designs and Marketing initiatives for new and existing Confidential products.
- Responsibilities included leading a cross functional Packaging Activation team consisting of Supply Chain Managers, Logistics, Graphics, Marketing, and Legal. Additional duties included establishment of deployment priorities, scheduling, budgets and communication to upper management.
Confidential, Duluth, GA
Project Manager/Senior Staff Applications Engineer
- Successfully Managed DOCSIS Waves for all customers submitting Confidential based cable modem hardware and /or software.
- Enabled customers to achieve DOCSIS for d Confidential, voice, and residential gateway platforms.
- Major customers included Confidential, Motorola and Linksys. This enabled Confidential to maintain an 85% market share in the cable modem business.
- Supported demonstrations of Confidential cable modems and home networking products at the Confidential and Western Cable shows.
- Enabled Confidential 's domestic and international customers to attain DOCSIS by managing both internal and external design requirements for hardware, software and testing.
- Expanded CertWave submission capability from 1 in 2001 to as many as 13 in 2002. Improvements (25% ~ 50%) achieved by streamlining internal design processes.
Confidential, Norcross, GA
International Program Manager
- Managed International Satellite Networks projects on 4 Continents totaling more than 10M in Revenue.
- Part of the first group of Core Team Leaders for new product designs leading cross functional teams of R & D, Systems Test, Manufacturing and procurement.
- Objective was to create a STAGE/GATE process for all new Confidential design projects.
- Authorized with the overall responsibility for obtaining all project related commitments and resources, assisted in the selection of outside suppliers, managed contracted field professionals.