- Multifaceted technical career with over 10 - year track record of innovation and success
- Technically sophisticated and seasoned IT project manager with extensive experience in leading medium to large sized high-profile projects to enhance infrastructure, security, and system stability.
- Exceptional project management abilities, from scope definition to planning and implementation.
- Strong background in directing the ongoing efforts of technical teams, in addition to boosting performance through process improvements.
- Data Centers / Project Management / Virtualization / Systems & Application Integration/ Security Program Implementation / Telecom / SDLC Methodology / Disaster Recovery/Requirements Gathering/Gap Analysis / Process Improvements / Agile & Waterfall
Planning & Design: Microsoft Project/Server, Visio, CA Clarity, JIRA
Standards & Methodologies: SDLC, PMI, PMBOK, ITILv3, Waterfall, Agile, COBIT, SAS-70
Infrastructure: LAN/WAN, Cisco IPS/IDS, Router, Switches, Palo Alto firewall, VoIP, Audio Visual, McAfee ESM, Symantec End - Point Security devices
Databases: Oracle, SQL, MySQL, DB2
Storage Technology: SAN/HDS/DAS/NAS - HP, EMC, HITACHI, SUN/Oracle, IBM
Platforms: Cloud, HP, IBM Blade, Windows, Exchange, Citrix, UNIX, Linux, and VMWare Middleware Dynamic CRM, SalesForce.
Misc.: MS Office, SharePoint, PowerPoint, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager / Consultant
- Worked with business unit and other stakeholders to define project scope, requirements, and deliverables.
- Controlled all project activities for scheduling, monitoring, analyzing, project budgets and costs.
- Managed risk and developed mitigation, tracked issues to resolution, managed change and control challenges.
- Structured project communications for reporting to technical team members as well as executive dashboard reporting.
- Provided financial reporting to management; plan vs. actual, performance metrics and KPI.
- Able to influence, motivate, and guide others on project teams, consistently focusing on developing and sustaining cooperative working relationships.
- Facilitated and coordinated the business requirements for 1,300-user account migration, application migration and the rollout of the end user laptops.
- Managed vendor relationship and coordinated the provisioning of T1 and DS3 circuits.
- Oversaw the buildout, wiring and cabling of 5 IDF closet to meet Confidential network and data center specifications including the procurement of switches, routers, firewalls, WAPs and laptops.
- Coordinated the successful migration of 10 VM File, application and database servers to the data center.
- Facilitated the business requirement for the implementation and the roll out of the Polycom phone and video (AV) system with Exchange Skype for Business over the MPLS circuit.
Confidential, Plano, TX
Sr. IT Project Manager / Consultant
- Collaborated with IT and cross-functional business unit teams in identifying funded business critical applications and processes for the implementation of the BIA.
- Analyzed impact and devised DR plans for an 8 global business unit in fabrication, manufacturing, financial,, medical/hospital, government, consumer products and non-profit areas.
- Developed customized BIA business process templates for data collection to meet business continuity and DR requirements.
- Led the DR requirement collection and the migration of the recovery site to Windstream DRaaS.
- Coordinated the hardware refresh of the data center end-of-life systems (Circuit, SAN, HDS, IPS/IDS, ASA, Router and Switches)
- Developed repeatable enterprise wide business continuity processes, procedures, tools and techniques.
- Procured $500k+ in new hardware, warranty renewals, professional services, cabinets, cabling, and break-fix parts through vendor channels (HP, Dell, EMC, HITACHI and Cisco).
- Pro-actively work with project team members in resolving technical risks, issues, changes and timely reporting to management.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager - Security
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities managing multiple projects concurrently with complexity and importance.
- Worked with IT and solution providers designing enterprise-level DR solution that met the needs of the business.
- Efforts led to the $700k successful development and implementation of enterprise security policy across 4 sites and 3 geo-redundant cloud based data centers (AWS, Google, Azure).
- Coordinated the technical requirement for the SIEM network vulnerability assessment and the deployment of Palo Alto firewall, Cisco IPS/IDS, Splunk enterprise security and McAfee End - Point Security system.
- Coordinated the development and implementation of a new ERM system and audit policies.
- Participated in vendor product review, evaluations, demonstrations, proof of concept and implementation
- Maintained project plans and monitored the milestones and tasks.
- Managed risk and dependencies between other projects; identified causes and issues, took corrective actions and escalates appropriately.
- Gained advanced knowledge of information security regulations and frameworks: ISO/IEC 17799, 27002, NIST, COBIT, SANS, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLBA, etc.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager
- Worked collaboratively with project stakeholders to develop a comprehensive project plan based on approved funding. Project plans include; Scope, Schedule, Cost, Quality, Organization and Communications, Staffing, Risk and Issue Management, Test, Configuration, and Change Management.
- Provided timely status report, budget variance and KPI to key stakeholders, CIO, and team members.
- Encouraged and facilitated cooperation within the organization and with customer groups; focuses on the fact that IT supports the business and encourages a win-win outcome.
- Managed the procurement, configuration and deployment of various MPLS/Network gears; Cisco Routers, Switches, Wireless Controllers, Autonomous AP, VoIP, Server Room racks, Cabling, MDF, IDF, IPS/IDS, Palo Alto firewall and Circuit provisioning.
- Oversaw the design, configuration and the deployment of 190 Active Directory servers, as well as application integration and consolidation of 500 servers across 5 redundant cloud based data centers.
- Coordinated the periodic network vulnerability assessment utilizing SIEM. Provided analysis report and recommendation for security configurations and system hardening.
- Managed and coordinated the business requirement, evaluation and selection of enterprise ITSM system. Ensured package provisioning, CMDB configuration, rollout and end user .
- Facilitated the design and implementation of the Citrix NetScaler and F5 load balancers/GTM.
- Coordinated the HP Autonomy cloud backup continuous replication implementation of mission critical servers.
- Saved $75k+ by managing vendor relations and negotiating enterprise software licensing and maintenance agreements.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
IT Project Manager
- Lead and directed project team members/resources from various disciplines (Engineering, Technology Infrastructure, Application Development, Integrated Cloud Computing, Finance, DBA Administration, Network Administration, etc.)
- Directed the upgrade and virtualization of 680 Window systems to VMware ESXI, Windows Hyper-V systems and Citrix/XenServer; including the upgrade of XenApps and Xen desktop environment.
- Successfully migrated, consolidated and transitioned 100+ business application systems.
- Planned and executed the project completion of an ERP system (Dynamic CRM) with a $2.5MM budget.
- Managed and executed the deployment and rollout of several end-point protection software: McAfee Endpoint, Trend Micro Deep Security Manager, Bit9+ Carbon black, Symantec Endpoint Protection.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Infrastructure Project Manager
- Oversaw the execution of multiple infrastructure projects, including a data center build-out and relocation, systems revamp and consolidation.
- Ensured that proposed project design, scope, deliverables, and resource estimates are completed and achievable, or escalates to appropriately resources.
- Coordinated the deployment, implementation and integration of upgrades through acquisition: Wintel Servers, Linux, applications, DAS, NAS, SAN, switches, routers, firewall, IDS and Endpoint security.