Program Manager, S/W Developer, H/W Developer, Project Manager and Professional Services Manager with in - depth experience across the spectrum of S/W development (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall), IT Infrastructure (Storage, Business Continuance, Cloud, Data Migrations), PMO setup and management (AppDev, DevOpps, QA), Methodology mentoring and Mainframe Transformation initiatives. 20+ years of successful experience in many varied environments including scientific, aerospace, data storage and backup, government, health, banking, pension and other sectors. Experienced with all types of solutions; including web development, database, MRP/ERP, utilities, Business Intelligence and productivity tools (MS suite: Project, PowerPoint, etc…). Expert manager of teams with track record of meeting all goals up and down the organization.
Senior Technology Consultant and PM
- Senior Consultant providing Assessments, Change Management and Improvement presentations for Technology partners; Business Continuance, Merger & Acquisition, Services Delivery, Software Development, Hardware Engineering, Quality Assurance and Digital Video. Focused on Backup/Recovery with Hybrid Cloud, multiple Storage vendors and Infrastructure Services (AppDev, DevOpps, Data Center Migrations, etc…) on leading OS and Virtualization platforms.
Program Manager, Development Manager, AppDev and QA
Confidential, Tampa, Denver
- Program Manager building out the QA PMO organization for the Confidential ' Theater AppDev and Mainframe Transformation initiatives.
- I was promoted to the QA role to develop a specialized QA PMO for virtual Hybrid Cloud, ViPR Cloud Controller, Application Development (Java) and Mainframe Transformation (Cobol/Java) initiatives. Also assisted other teams with DevOps, Data Migration and other customer development and consulting needs.
Technical Architect - Specialist
- Built out QA methodology and best practices for new software development initiatives.
- Designed and built Confidential Hybrid Cloud (EHC), QA, Test and Delivery templates ensuring high project success rates (schedule, deliverables and financial).
- Selected Agile tools and methodologies for new Application Development (AppDev) teams.
- Mentored AppDev teams in adopting Agile methodology best practices and tools.
- Participated in all AppDev development and customer status and scrum meetings.
- Assisted and managed Code and Test reviews.
- Qualified projects, SOWs and determined staffing, scheduling and software/hardware requirements.
- Implementation issue resolution management and escalation for F100 Banks, Healthcare and Federal government among others.
- Hiring and management of internal, partner and customer software development resources.
- Typically managed 30-40 remote matrixed developers, testers and PMs for the AppDev, M/F Transformation and PMO teams.
- Managed and contributed to 40-50 concurrent F1000 projects focused on backup, disaster recovery planning, business continuance and compliance issues for banks, telcos, government, healthcare, etc…
- I successfully merged new product acquisitions (Data Domain, Avamar, DPA and others) and new product functionality (NMM, BaaS, Backup Architecture, Virtualization …).
- Responsible for project readiness, status, budgets and completion while assisting the Divisional Delivery teams in the Confidential (Enterprise, Commercial, TME, Federal and Latin America).
Professional Technical Architect - Specialist
- As BRS Delivery Mgr., dramatically increased resource utilization and decreased backlog. Met or exceeded all utilization targets and local goals.
- Built expert BRS team to address complex projects.
- Defined BRS PMO process and methodology improvements including Backup Infrastructure Assessment.
- Managed the CheckPoint Service initiative including quarterly reporting and tracking and delivering C-level presentations.
- Qualified projects and determined staffing, scheduling and software/hardware requirements.
- Management of internal, partner and customer resources for successful project completion.
- Managed the Confidential ’ BRS Practice Solution Architects direct reports and matrix teams from 2007 through 2014. Provided HR (IDP, EPAS Appraisal), team meetings and career guidance to direct reports.
- Typically 20+ remote Direct and 40+ remote Matrixed resources were managed for 40+ concurrent project load across 4 time zones and including Latin/South American projects.
Program/Project Delivery Manager
- District Program/Project Manager (Southeast) responsible for successful Project Management of Confidential Professional Services Delivery for Storage Systems.
- Recruit and manage internal resources and external contractors.
- Full responsibility for project definition, implementation, completion and problem resolution for SAN, NAS and CAS projects with associated software including Replication and DR solutions.
- Pre-sales presentation, proposal and design work to assist Sales team.
- Post-implementation issue resolution management bringing all parties together for successful conclusion. Assist PMO with process and methodology improvements.
- Dedicated to project completion using consultative and team-building approach in a matrix organization.