- Manager of IT Services § Technical Sales Support Manager § Sr. Project Manager of Applications / PMO
- Global Organizations …High - Technology Firms…Telecommunications…Government…Manufacturing/Distribution
- Consummate manager with 12+ years in delivering highly effective technical solutions, improving workflow processes and lowering costs.
- Decisive, solutions-focused, and results-oriented individual with experience in large multi-million dollar budgets, cost/benefit analysis and controlling costs from comprehensive knowledge of business operations.
- Follow established policies, best practices, and guidelines within PM methodologies.
- Motivational leader able to foster teamwork, amongst technical staff, offshore developers, business users, and energize others to higher levels of performance.
- Ability to communicate to identify requirements and deliver customized solutions based on service level agreements.
- Creative in sales, problem solving, analysis, negotiation, and drive to achieve organizational goals.
- A forward thinker and strategic minded, have utilized my leadership skills with my teams to coordinate within SDLC the design of strategic plans and leverage the internal resources and vendors to tactically complete large software implementations.
- Success comes from strategic vision and design of a plan that meets the goals of business and IT stakeholders; managing technical teams; communicating with upper management on progress on plans to achieve objectives; keeping the client abreast of all issues, risks and solutions; and coordinating the efforts of vendors’ activities. Performed HR functions of evaluation, mentoring, hiring and firing.
- Developed trust and rapport with clients by identifying solutions that would improve efficiency, reducing cost of operations, and stage them for increased sales or better customer service.
- Use standard PMBOK guidelines to work within the SDLC.
- This includes initiation of project; charters, plans and contracts; identify scope; blueprint; roadmap development; prioritizing requirements gathering; allocation of resources; solution design; issue and risk mitigation; provide guidance on unit, integrated, user acceptance and regression testing; change management; facilitation of meetings; communication of status to management; recording of metrics, including EV, ETC, EAC, burn-rate; cost containment analysis; budget; implementation and support; and release management.
- Performed software development and analysis for 12+ years in financials, warehousing, inventory, distribution, PBM, and credit card processing systems.
- Strategic Vision & Planning
- Agile/Scrum & Waterfall Project Management
- Managed Delivery Process
- Vendor Resource Management
- Manage Web Application Design & Development
- Budget & Financial Planning
- Manage IT Product/Solutions Rollout
- Manage Sales Activities
- Team Building & Leadership
- C-Level IT Sales & New Market Development
- System Migrations/Transitions
- Reporting of EV/KPI Metrics
- Contract & Vendor Negotiations
- Change Mgmt- SAS70/HIPAA
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS:
MS Office (MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook) MS-Project MS-Visio MS-Access VPMi Rally HP Quality Center Remedy Resolve MS-Netmeeting MS-Sharepoiont Webex Changepoint SDLC Agile/SCRUM
Sr. Project Manager
- Managing multiple states’ Medicaid/Medicare plans’ provider/practitioner data to be migrated into Confidential Portico system. Includes management of data clean-up to prepare for the implementation, design of regulatory and operational reporting, Find-a-Provider, pricing configurations, and vendor feeds (dental, vision, behavioral & long-term care).
- Working with PDM manager to develop operational redesign resulting in reducing the time for the Enrollment, CRM, and Credentialing process by days per provider/practitioner.
- Managing a team of PDM analysts to perform data clean-up activities for various migration projects.
Sr. Project Manager
- Completed the PDU v7.0 Enhancement project under budget and on time. Project consisted of a structural enhancement of the PDU which includes the environmental upgrade to SQL Server 2008 R2 to support the architectural redesign of the PDU data tables and functional access utilizing a new service layer design to improve workflow throughput and ultimately meet the requirements of the MDM initiative. Coordinated the development teams’ efforts with the infrastructure team and other teams using the new table schemas and services. In addition working with business stakeholders on developing product backlog and determining priorities on user stories to develop the sprints to complete the project.
- Coordinated the near-shore teams’ Level 1, 2 & 3 support of the PDU & SI-Rx applications as production issues arise.
- Interim PM for Contract Management (CMS) and CDQuick systems enhancements for 2012Q1 Scrum team development.
- Agile Coach trained PMO over 6 months on the proper Scrum process to standardize our methodology corporate wide.
Sr. Project Manager
- Obtained commitment from team partners to project timelines and act as a resource for the project team.
- Assessed risks, provide contingency options, and ensure successful production deployments.
- Performed successful delivery of assigned projects, while optimizing results within business & time constraints.
- Lead meetings with cross-functional project team to assess status, resolve issues, and decide if escalation is necessary.
- Adhere to project management process and project documentation standards.
- Tracked metrics in an effort to prove visually the success rate of release management.
- Continually reviewed release management processes for improvement opportunities in source code management, integration of code into production, as well as overall project management processes.
- Developed reporting tools to track allocation of budgeted hours for the team’s 30+ projects, monitored and tracked actuals, performed budget vs. cost containment analysis, and projected FTE’s needed for projects into the future.
- Performed management, analysis, tracking, and burn rates on $4M maintenance budget at a portfolio level across several cost centers.
- Development teams utilize Agile/SCRUM methodology.
- Managed a $1 MM portfolio of IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Planning team managing matrix Agile/SCRUM team of 9 along with 10 infrastructure and release management members, for the Consumerology Program. This includes developing pilots and proof of concepts for future use to capture, track and dispense information for marketing and sales for a PBM.
- Efforts include forecasting resource requirements; managing $1 MM budget; tracking burn-rate, ETC and EAC variance.
- Projects include modifications to CCS Member Portal (client access), that also utilize SMS text messaging capabilities, and Compass functionality.
- Created the Heritage/Legacy (H/L) PMO Cutover consolidated project plan for 7 project teams (approx. 50 members). This plan drove the H/L resource planning budget of about $2 MM for cutover of the Golden Products operation in July 2008, and performed initial planning for Pet Food Cutover in September 2009. Monitored the plan using an EV point system and tracked project health through KPI metrics.
- Took over management of the BW Reporting - PMO project plan for Cluster 1 Go Live. Developed and maintained the project plan for all of the BW/Cognos reports and tasks related for Cluster 2 implementation in September 2009. Budget consisted of approx. $1.2 MM for the 8 person team. Coordinated development, testing efforts of Cognos team (10) and the Global Center offshore developers’ work and release schedules.
- Developed Globe Initiative Replicated Master Data project plan for the development of interfaces of new workflows using SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications for a team of 10-15 professionals. Manage using best practice controls the efforts of several business analysts to review business requirements generated; assign and monitor developers to tasks; coordinate efforts of testing teams; track actual hours of effort, re-level plan resources, track milestones and use of contingency time, and perform Earned Value and budgetary analysis for the $3 MM project. Developed reports to determine resource needs based on “What If” scenarios. Communicated with business personnel and resources on the Globe and BTC team in regard to SAP upgrades. Responsible for status reports, used plan and scorecards to track and monitor project, issue resolution and review of deliverables. Tracked the development of test plan and cases by Testing Services Group.
- Coordinated and maintained the plan effort to integrate the applications and infrastructures of the International Inquiry/Claims Adjudication system into the Domestic Claims system. Managed a project team of 5-10 to convert from a Visual Basic GUI application using Terminal Services into a JAVA web-based application using Oracle database on a Websphere platform. Developed business requirements; technical requirements; project plan for development of the automated workflow, testing and infrastructure, quality assurance, system and user acceptance testing, and implementation phases. Created and monitored $1 MM project budget. Identified, tracked and resolved issues.
- Managed $1.2 MM integration project with new JAVA web-based development on a Websphere/DB2 platform; mainframe batch processing using multiple file sources including EDI and Oracle database within A/R systems; and integrating functions with four USPS business units on a foreign postal service initiative. Assisted in database design as well as management of web portal application, use case development, and testing.
- Worked with PMO on business cases for architectural re-design of legacy systems and created statement of work. Assisted stakeholders identifying business requirements, build Rough Order of Magnitude document by determining resources and costs of the project, and prepared/tracked project plans. Reported status of projects to IT management, Portfolio management, and stakeholders. Developed initial budgets and high level project plans for nine Fiscal Year 2007 projects equaling over $3 million
- Performed project management for the International Accounting Branch IT team. Coordinated efforts on several projects from minor tasks to larger enhancements.
- Developed and maintained $50 MM Confidential plan for the 4M2 Conversion/Integration project. Coordinated large conversion process of a division's proprietary data to SBC legacy suite of 12-15 application (COIS, SORD, CRIS…) groups with PMO staff. Managed the interdependencies with other project initiatives within SBC. Planned within the release schedules of the various application groups.
- Primary responsibilities included maintaining PMO project plan including the major tasks and milestones of the 12-15 application groups; facilitate all meetings with stakeholders, business users, and technical teams across the country; tracked issues and resolutions; submit escalation documentation on issues affecting timeline; performed the follow-up on all escalations; and distributed status reports to management.
Project and Sales Manager
- Outstanding success in building relationships with C-level and P&L executive/decision-makers of new and established clients. Attained over 90% client retention rate.
- Developed the standard statement of work, comprehensive sales proposals and SLA’s, used by entire sales force.
- While achieving 175% of quota first year, contributed to 40% increase in corporate sales revenues.
- Solutions consisted of E-Commerce, Windows 2000 & 2003 network integration projects, network design and modification; software and hardware upgrades; including Citrix Metaframe solutions for remote access; ASP solutions, wireless networks, web and email hosting, implementation of Internet access solutions through a variety of regional and national vendors, wide-area networks and telephony.
- Performed initial network design that could contain: file and exchange servers; software release management of Microsoft (3rd party) products and licensing; firewalls; data protection; DR/BC; and connectivity requirements.
- Performed strategic planning to implement application consulting opportunities to create new revenue stream. Developed strategic alliances with communication/connectivity vendors and management consultants to provide a vertical service offering and reduce costs by 15%. Provided strategic solutions for clients to utilize new technology and more efficient work processes.
- Developed large project procedures, from setup and design, determined criteria for milestones; created deliverable documentation for client approval signoff; and instituted project follow-up process. Engineered an automated, multi-faceted Service Level Agreement. Set procedures for sales process on large endeavors which included the technical staff’s review process. Created automated service contract tool to build unique service support solutions for clients.
- Negotiated with local to national supply channel vendors on pricing client proposals; developed 3rd party vendors to assist on projects; managed vendor project scheduling; and developed strategy for targeting our market.
- Identified the cost implications of hardware, software and labor for the setup, installation and product rollout, and initial support for the project plan.