Business Modeling Tools: TD Platform, Jira, Rally dev, Confluence, Hip Chat, TFS, Version One, Visio, MS Office, MS Project
Operating Systems: Windows /2012/XP/ Windows 8.1/Mac OS. Linux
Database Software: SQL 7.0, MS Access, XP/2003, Oracle, Jenkins
Methodologies: AGILE, RUP, Scrum, Waterfall, Iterative, Kanban, SAFe
Environment: UML, My SQL, SQL Visual Basic, Java, .NET, XML
- Over 7 years of Certified Scrum Master with cunning experience managing complex Agile projects
- In - depth understanding of the complete SDLC processes with cross-cultural teams.
- Knowledge of SAFe, lean XP, Kanban, and other Agile development techniques.
- Accomplished servant-leader capable of delivering large scale software and web development projects on time and on budget effectively collaborating facilitating, leading and coaching multiple scrum teams.
- Successfully transitioned many projects from Waterfall to Scrum.
- Well-versed in areas of change management, organizational, motivational, estimating, strategic and thought leadership
- Positive team player with excellent verbal, written, analytical, leadership, problem solving, people management, interpersonal & communications skills
- Ensure meeting outcomes are defined, understood and achieved for the Scrum meetings (Daily Scrum, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings)
- Applied facilitation techniques to ensure effectiveness of the Scrum meetings
- Familiar with Scrum and/or Kanban frameworks
- Ensure stories for the sprint are playable (estimated, sized, prioritized)
- Partner with the Product Owner to prioritize and right-size stories in the Product Backlog
- Facilitate the planning of the sprint based on prioritized stories, team capacity and historical velocity trends
- Facilitates decision making based on Agile values and principles
- Supply project estimates and tightly manage project budget, approved funding, forecasts and actuals
- Mitigate risks that may destabilize the team
- Ensure visibility of current work in progress by the team (stories and defects)
- Proactively anticipates, recognizes and detects items that may distract the team from completing the sprint
- Proactively anticipate and identify blockers
- Ensure that the goals of the release and sprint are visible and understood by the team
- Build and foster an environment of trust
- Diagnose, understand, and facilitate team dynamics to optimize team performance
- Provide solutions and continuous improvement opportunities to efficiently solve problems and provide critical thinking skills
- Gain recognition as a trusted advisor / leader with customers and stakeholders at all levels of the organization across business and IT
- Understand, apply, promote and contribute to Agile delivery methodologies, standards and tools
Confidential, Gainesville FL
- Facilitate sprint planning, daily stand up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and release planning
- Working with delivery, including getting schedules, budgeting and approvals.
- Collaborate, facilitate, lead, coach on self-organization and train multiple 6+ member scrum teams.
- Work with product owners of different applications and projects to groom the backlog and plan sprints. Track, escalate and remove impediments.
- Managed projects on time and on budget
- Report on daily meetings minutes and facilitate (SOS) scrum of scrum meetings
- Led operational analysis and process improvement meetings between various stakeholder groups.
- Identifies risks and issues, and escalates them to senior level engineers
- Communicate with other management engineers, product managers and delivery managers
- Work with developers and testers with appropriate meetings and resolve cross team dependencies
- Implement Scrum framework/process/rules and ensure teams are following Agile best practices
- Make sure teams update rally tool to manage iteration plans, velocity and burn down charts
Scrum Master/Business Analyst
Confidential, Columbus GA
- Defined project scope and objectives through internal project management methodologies.
- Lead Hybrid IT Project Teams from implementation-thru-delivery of complex infrastructure projects leveraging SDLC processes against Waterfall and Agile projects.
- Facilitated daily scrum meetings, sprint planning, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives.
- Established effective communication for the department with consistency across development and business management. Presentations, recommendations and updates provided.
- Managed offshore teams in different geographical places.
- Ensured task completion to specifications, on time and within budget.
- Provided visibility to team impediments/risks and helped to eliminate them.
- Coached and mentored agile team members and provides constructive performance feedback.
- Worked with stakeholders / product owners and prioritized the requirements for sprint.
- Helped the product owners to come up with set of stories for better understanding for estimation and development.