- Highly experienced Business Analyst / Project Manager with a proven track record of aligning technical solutions with business needs.
- Employs innovative quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to skillfully assess high - level requirements in order to manage and oversee support system integration, web development, and implementation of cutting-edge technologies.
- Practiced in clarifying business requirements, performing gap analysis between goals and existing procedures/skill sets, and designing process and system improvements to increase productivity and reduce costs.
- Collaborative communicator focused on building relationships and using knowledge of various business settings including federal agencies, private corporations, and small businesses to provide adaptive and successful business and IT solutions.
Deputy Program Manager/Project Coordinator
Confidential, Rockville, MD
- Management of smaller specific projects or parts of bigger projects (electronic health records, case management, content management and organizational change management) and checking the work performed under assigned Task Orders from vendors while keeping track of deliverables with a keen sense of detail and timeliness.
- Performs day-to-day scheduling and coordination of the specific project pieces assigned, identifies issues and risks and recommends possible issue and risk mitigation strategies associated with the project. Monitors issues and provides resolutions for up-to-date status reports. Schedules meetings to resolve issues and follow-up on task items.
- May act as a facilitator between a County agency and contractor.
- Is responsible for ensuring that work performed under TOs is within scope, consistent with requirements, and delivered on time and on budget. Keeps track of any changes to these task orders in PM tool and takes and publishes accurate meeting notes.
- Identifies critical paths, tasks, dates, testing, and acceptance criteria.
- Provides solutions to improve efficiency (e.g., reduce costs while maintaining or improving performance levels).
- Preparing and Updating Project Plan
- Review and Approve SRDs, BRDs, Use Cases, UAT Test Cases and Training Materials
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
- Adhered to HIPAA for health insurance & Medicare claims
- Was responsible for creating SRS documents and ensuring system met HIPAA-compliance standards.
- Reviewed and implemented the change requests from CMS (Center for Medicare Services).
- Analyzed Healthcare transaction flow for HIPAA Healthcare Transactions like 834, 835, 270, 271, 276, 277, and 278.
- Gathered requirement specifications for Indemnity Healthcare plans and Indemnity Payer.
- Developed a comprehensive identity management document
- Interacted with development team for communicating the requirements & use cases.
- Interacted with Offshore Development teams & testing teams by guiding then in design questions & test deliverables.
Senior Business Analyst
Confidential, Tyson’s Corner, VA
- Lead requirements gathering sessions to understand and document complex business needs, often eliciting hidden requirements and/or clarifying vague or unclear requirements
- Created FRD and scope documents
- Performed gap analysis of current system functionalities in order to implement new enhancements
- Created screen mockups for web UI, use cases, data flow and process flow diagrams
- Analyzed APIs and XML logs in order to determine upstream/downstream impacts
- Worked on CMS and CRM systems
- Worked with Sharepoint for document management
- Tracked defects via QC
- Worked on identity and content management system requirement documents
- Organize project activities into manageable work efforts for team members, and determine an effective approach to completing the work, as documented in a project plan.
- Author/facilitate strategic documents such as Project Charters, Education and Communication plans, and detailed project plans, and present project updates to business owners.
- Manage and communicate a clear project scope and motivate team members.
- Manage multiple business owner(s) and team member(s) relationships to accomplish project activities.
- Proactively identify and manage risks, issues, and cross-project dependencies.
- Monitor and report on project activities and reporting on statuses within published timelines.
- Coach team members to clarify task assignments, milestones, and deliverables.
- Identify, prepare, and/or ensure completion of high quality, professional deliverables as required by each project plan.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- Worked with the mainframe team, stakeholders and management team in gathering various requirements for the project.
- Gathered and documents the requirements using Rational Requisite Pro.
- Discussed these requirements with other members of the team like the DBA, Project Manager, Application developers.
- Performed project management activities such as task scheduling, resource allocation and developing charts.
- Designed detailed logical class diagrams, activity diagrams and other high level process flows.
- Facilitated JAD (Joint Application Development) sessions with the management team, stakeholders and mainframe team.
- Performed high level security data risk analysis, GAP Analysis among different applications, incorporated these gaps into models and documents.
- Worked with the mainframe team, caliper application developer and other members of the project team to develop a test base, plan and then create test cases, test scripts and documented them using Test manager.
- Worked with application developers to create a test strategy to implement various phases of testing like Unit testing, volume testing and Integration testing.
MIS Business Analyst
- Conducted interviews with business users asking detailed questions to gather business requirements, wants, and needs concerning the project and managed requirements using Rational Doors
- Created project plans, style sheets and templates to analyze and estimate feasibility, cost, time and general guidelines for project team
- Facilitated JAD (Joint application development) sessions with business users and development teams to drive out detailed business requirements
- Performed extensive data analysis using MS Excel and gap analysis.
- Involved in defining project milestones, schedules, monitoring progress using MS-Project
- Used SharePoint 2010 for content management and document management
- Translated the business needs into system requirements, communicating with the business on a broader scale and with an in-depth view too. Prepared Screenshots and web layouts for the application
- Developed Context Diagrams, Wireframes, Swim Lane Diagrams, mock ups, which helped in Rapid prototyping and pinpointing potential problems early in the process.
- Documented and delivered Functional Specification Document to the project team.
- Modulated the detailed design of the system using use case diagrams, class diagrams, sequence diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio.
- Calculated ROI for third party product implementation
- Attended daily SCRUM and guided QA and Developer meeting, regarding the Technical Specification Documents, defects and Mapping Documents.
- Developed customized SQL reports and queries for management decision-making and operational management using TOAD
- Coordinated with QA and User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Perform analysis of business process and procedures for various units throughout the organization
- Design and develop accurate, efficient, and detailed business process requirements and workflow procedures.
- Develop business requirements documentation for system design and implementation, including system enhancement.
- Generate quality documentation for business processes and workflow, including flowcharts and process narratives.
- Contribute to the design, development and maintenance of standard operating policies.
- Assist in identifying and recommending ongoing process improvement that improve overall operating efficiencies, effectiveness, and internal controls.
- Work closely with business and technical staff to gather business process/procedure information and translate that into project/action plans for timely implementation.
- Coordinate and support project teams on implementation of new IT systems, applications or processes.
- Develop effective test plans and system testing processes and oversee assigned system testing efforts.
- Works as the subject matter expert on identified projects through development to implementation and on future changes or enhancements.
- Performs research on insurance industry operations and business processes to identify best practices.