- Results - Oriented IT Professional of 30 Years with a proven record of success in building, integrating and supporting high-quality applications through well-defined processes. Skilled in facilitating business analyses, strategic planning, and system implementations. Leads initiatives to enhance quality of systems, and articulately trains colleagues on standard operating procedures. Successfully improves top-line growth and reduces bottom-line expenditures both as individual contributor and member of cross-functional team.
- Business Strategy and Analysis
- Management of Development Teams
- Business Client Partnership
- Project Management Office Operations
- Portfolio, Program and Project Management
- Vendor and Risk Management
- Strategic Ownership of Application Portfolios
- Software Development, Implementation, Integration and Support for Online and Mobile Platforms
Confidential, New York, NY
Director PMO, News Technology
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the organization’s leadership and business leadership team.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Be a force for change; someone who through coaching, advocacy, and partnership can grow and help maintain a high performing, collaborative, and fun work culture.
- Develops, implements and maintains, a PMO Framework, including consistent methods and tools for project initiation, team structure, financial management, risk management, business case development (where applicable) and cross-functional team leadership.
- Provides direction and guidance on project prioritization and structure; manage allocation of resources to ensure efficient and effective implementation of projects.
- Defines and ensures utilization of standard methodologies, processes, tools, and reporting metrics.
- Sets direction for continuous assessment of project management processes, make business-focused recommendations for process changes, communicate changes with senior leadership and implement appropriate processes.
- Lead and build partnership across the enterprise to create alignment with the project business value and objectives, measurable benefits, success criteria, scope, and constraints impacting PMO delivery.
- Ensures that the portfolio delivers the organization or departmental strategy.
- Establishes a project management governance structure that includes key performance indicators and sets milestones for the project teams.
- Drive a continuous improvement culture/mindset with respect to project delivery and leadership demonstrated through the utilization of project performance metrics and defined performance improvement plans.
- Provides program management expertise and leadership skills to facilitate the identification and management of all interdependencies and areas of risk.
- Financial acumen to manage budgets, analyze data points, present concise view of status across projects.
- Manage interdependencies and coordination across projects to ensure information relating to project deliverables, risks and issues are effectively communicated between stakeholders and key performance indicators are monitored and evaluated.
- Foster collaborative and mutually supportive relationships with project leaders and senior stakeholders, assess cross-functional project team capability, provide coaching, training and support to leadership team and improve collaborative development and project results.
- Challenge both process and people to achieve timely and positive outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of functional road maps.
- Manages the intake and demand management function and maintains the capital and expense budgets across the IT program portfolio.
- Lead and direct Project Managers to deliver project deliverables within documented scope, on time and within approved budget.
- Lead and manage enterprise projects, both strategic and tactical projects, including defining and measuring success criteria to deliver measurable business results.
Confidential , Tarrytown, NY
- Delivered 2 years of projects across the company from Research, Legal, Clinical and IT.
- Implemented a new Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC) and templates for various types of projects.
- Implemented an Enterprise-Wide Project and Portfolio Management Tool (PLANVIEW) to support the new PMLC.
- Implemented Resource Management in PLANVIEW to forecast the demand and review current capacity for Shared Services Teams.
- Implemented Financial Actuals Integration in PLANVIEW to improve accuracy in monthly forecasting.
- Co-Developed a 3 Year Roadmap for the PMO.
- Implemented custom PLANVIEW Reports for c-level reporting.
Confidential , Madison, NJ
Business Technology Manager
- Won 3 Innovation and Commercial Excellence awards for successful launches for Cattle Veterinarian software to help them work with their customers and for driving loyalty for Companion Animal Veterinarians through online/mobile pet owner rebate programs.
- Delivered Corporate Brand Portal for brand Guidelines, templates and imagery. This helped provide a single point of reference for colleagues and agencies on the new corporate logo to reduce cycle time to rebrand materials for the new company.
- Delivered Customer Portal enhancements, including customer dashboards, brand microsite templates and online enrollment for multi-million dollar cross-product portfolio programs. These additions helped to drive sales through new customer enrollments online and reduce the cost and time to market to launch new campaigns to highlight key brands.
- Managed Data Integration projects flowing from Customer Portal to Data Warehouses and SFA tools. The result allowed the sales force to have visibility to contacts affiliated with their accounts that interacted with the company online that they had not called upon in the past.
- Partnered with multiple Business Analysts globally, carving out roadmaps and releasing accurate, timely Customer Portal schedules.
- Supported MCM Portal Content Management System, including hands-on work and training others. Colleagues could make rapid changes to any page on the portal themselves without the need to rely on an external agency.
- Drove integration between Customer Portal and 3rd party websites utilizing Single Sign On. This allowed expanding the portal with additional capabilities by partnering with companies versus building them.
- Managed line of B2B websites built in .NET that were “value-added services,” including sales and marketing tools, that successfully aided Veterinarians in working with clients.
- Supported Email Marketing Platform with Epsilon, including batch and real time emails
Confidential , Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- Implemented a Corporate Project Management Intranet Application for use within CNBC and other areas of NBC to automate project tracking from concept to delivery and phase / prioritize delivery based on costs and benefits.
- Implemented a Guest Tracking System to automate the scheduling and local transport of Guests on CNBC.
- Implemented an Order Management System to automate the ordering of Satellite feeds for Satellite Operations of CNBC.
- Completed GE Six Sigma Green Belt Certification exam.
Confidential , Peapack, NJ
- Transitioned support of several Intranet Applications from a vendor in Michigan to Confidential IT in NJ resulting in huge annual cost savings.
- Worked closely with the business owner of a Global Pricing Application to complete 2 major rounds of enhancements as well as a Stability Project. Reduced application support failures / issues by 100% and added enhancements to the system that would help answer common support calls from the system administrator to IT Support. Re-purposed the Global Pricing Application for Confidential -Italy for their needs saving them a lot of money from having an outside vendor build a new solution.
- Worked closely with the business owner of the Global Public Relations and Advocacy Team to create a new Intranet Application containing Administration and User Interfaces. Created an Intranet Application to track Project Status as well as house centrally links to all related documents for each project. Automated manual reporting process for building status reports.