To secure a management position that will enable me to build on my past accomplishments as well as make use of my vast professional experience to become a valuable member of your company.
Seasoned Transportation Management Professional. Strong in optimizing organizations to achieve maximum growth and market share who has produced new revenues for my employers over the past 15 years. With 25 plus years of executive leadership in a high volume transport, large fleet environment.SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- 25 plus years of successful experience working with 2 separate Paratransit companies.
- 15 plus years of successful experience working with 3 separate private Ambulance companies. In both a union and non-union environments
- Bondless energy, capable of adapting to a number of roles simultaneously.
- Skillfully managed partnership / relationship with management personnel at all contracted organizations in both the Ambulance and Paratransit industries.
- Solid experience in every facet of administration and operations.
- Exceptional problem solver, driven to succeed, strong interpersonal skills.
- Superb mentor, inspirational leader that inspires employees to maintain performance and
- Productivity levels while maintaining high morale across the board.
- Assumes both authoritative and democratic leadership, able to turn vision into reality
SELECTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
ADMISTRATION /OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
- From the ground up over a 3 month period, beginning January 1, 2009 with the assistance of First Transit, corporate resources, developed a complete project start up, from the design and set up of a 12 bay maintenance facility that operates 24 hours per day 7 days per week and is capable of servicing over 160 revenue vehicles and 14 field support vehicles, on a prescribed schedule.
- Oversaw the design and building ten admistrative offices for the new project.
- Directed a large range of functions not limited to training, compliance, operator scheduling, Human Resources, Fleet Management and Budgeting.
- Successfully managed the transition of over 160 revenue vehicles and over 120 vehicle operators from the two previous CCT contacted carriers, whose contracts were assumed by First Transit.
STRATEGIC PLANNING AND BUDGETING AND COST MANAGEMENT
Successfully and operated a multi category training and orientation program for vehicle operators, dispatchers and field service supervisors, resulting in a greater ability to maximize the use of current employee resources, in order to control overtime cost and waste.
TEAM BULIDING AND LEADERSHIP
Provided superior leadership, direction and guidance for a newly assembled team of Managers and Supervisors for a 77 million dollar five year Septa CCT project in Philadelphia County.
Fostered and championed an employee importance program, across functional discipline to encourage management processes that are essential to building a strong and dedicated Organization, by successful employee retention.
RISK MANAGEMENT AND FLEET MANAGEMENT
I was instrumental along with the location Safety Manager in developing and maintaining a safety solutions team that meets bi-weekly to monitor the facilities safety issues and accident rate. I also was major contributor to the development of a summer long safety and accident prevention program that placed the vehicle operators on competitive teams of thirty two baseball teams, that could be eliminated for accidents, attendance, appearance, overall job performance.
Along with the Fleet Manager monitored a fleet maintaience and service program, for over 175 vehicles, thus reducing unnecessary and costly repairs to company vehicles. Reducing expenditures and increasing the bottom line.
In the six month period that I was in the general managers position, the company was able complete from the ground up a successful transition of service from two other carriers to First Transit generating over 1.2 million dollars in revenue monthly. I was also able to surpass the service levels of the previous two carriers. I was able to build a competent and
Professional support staff comprised of managers and supervisors.
I was also able to operate the project at profit for the beginning of service period March 21, 2009 until June 2009.
Confidential Cheltenham, PA
September 15, 2009
Director of Operations Present
Confidential Philadelphia, PA January 1, 2009
General Manager June 19, 2009
Confidential Burlington, NJ
November 5, 2008
General Manager December 31, 2008
Confidential Huntington Valley, PA
August 22, 2003
Director of Operations August 25, 2008
Confidential. Philadelphia, PA
April 1, 2004 Project Manager / General Manager July 7, 2005
Confidential Philadelphia, PA
June 1, 2003
Project Manager / General Manager April 1, 2004
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA October 1, 1998
Operations ManagerJune 1, 2003
Confidential Philadelphia, PA December 10, 1993
Lead Dispatcher March 1, 1998
Van Services Manager March 1, 1998
Operations Manager 1983 - 1993
Business Management Diploma
Public Speaking & Human Relations