- Senior Software Project/Quality Manager. Leveraging industry standards and best practices to satisfy diverse regulatory requirements and customer expectations by delivering high quality products within business constraints.
- Expertise in product life cycle methodologies, Six Sigma (Black Belt) techniques, preventing defects, quality/project management, and reducing total cost of ownership
- Strategic analysis and definition; always seeks strategies with a high payoff
- Is receptive to and independently acts on feedback
- Super - dependable; quietly ensuring that uniform quality is maintained
- Naturally communicates a message of trustworthiness and stability
- Servant leader recognized as a resource to colleagues and team members
- Grows talent within the organization through mentoring and formal training
- Builds and maintains constructive working relationships with key stakeholders, including Infrastructure, Dev/Ops, Corp IT, ISD, HR, Security, Vendor Management, Training, Portfolio/Program Managers and Senior/Executive Leadership
- Orderly; with focus on process compliance and standardization
- The most open-minded of all personality types; a natural brainstormer
- Aggressively seeks creative solutions to complex problems, but alert to their consequences
- Quickly discards theories which do not achieve business objectives
- Once proven, relentlessly implements strategic initiatives through all organizational levels
- Able to formulate coherent and comprehensive contingency plans
- Very judicious—decisions come naturally, especially in practical matters
- A keen eye for detail—notices what’s wrong, as well as what’s missing
- Quality Management Office (QMO): Quality Planning, Management, Assurance and Control processes.
- Works with process owners to establish Quality Goals and Measurement Techniques (Process, Project, Product KPI) which drive team behaviors to deliver on those goals.
- ISO-9001 & ISO-13485 compliance: QMS Reviews and Improvements.
- Six Sigma tools and techniques: Process Metrics, Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Uses failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA) to prioritize product quality initiatives.
- Internal & external process compliance and effectiveness audits.
- Defect Prevention (supported and driven by defect detection).
- Leads management of quality engineering teams throughout entire product life cycle, from inception, through design, development, test, release and production support.
- Verification techniques: reviews, inspections, analysis, demonstration, test and simulation.
- Test strategies, test plans, test environments, test cases, automation and testing tools.
- Test Levels: Unit, Functional, Integration, System, Performance and Acceptance
- Test Results: recording, reporting, measurement and analysis.
- Non-conformance & Defect Management: Root Cause Analysis (5 Why’s), Corrective/Preventive action plan (CAPA) development, measurement and management reviews.
- Total Quality Management (TQM) and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI).
- Cost of Quality (COQ) and Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ).
- Configuration Management: Identification, Control, Status Accounting, Reviews, Audits.
- Process & Quality Benchmarking
- Process diagrams (flowcharts, decision trees)
- Plan/Do/Check/Act Deming cycle
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Histogram, Pareto, Run, Scatter charts
- Cause & Effect (Fishbone) analysis
- Primavera (TeamPlay & EPMS)
- HP Project and Portfolio Management (PPM)
- Database/Data Center management systems
- Integrated logistics support (ILS); Supply Chain
- Operations/Service management (ITIL)
- Infrastructure/Server management & support
- IBM/Rational ClearQuest and ClearCASE
- DOORS reqts. mgt. system
- CA Clarity project mgt. system
- TeamForge; JIRA; LeanKit
- BMC Remedy
- Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint
- Cisco WebEx & Skype
- Social Networking (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Slack)
- FCC, FDA, 21CFR 820, FRA, DoD, HIPAA, PCI, etc.
- Software Configuration Management (SCM)
- Change Control Board
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
Governance, Risk & Compliance Project Manager
- Converted paper - based process for food safety checking and record keeping to 3rd party compliance application in more than 800 stores in 12 countries providing cloud based Sustainable Paperless Audit and Record Keeping.
- Replaced in-house legacy W-4 form filing system to a 3rd party on line application serving more than 2.2 million U.S. employees. Led Agile Scrum Team which included Payroll Tax business process owner, Business Analysts, Developers, QA testers.
- Recovered failed global pricing system modification by collaborating with business customer to revise product requirements and negotiating resource needs to satisfy unique pricing management structure across five countries in Central America. Escalated issues and solution alternatives to senior leadership steering committee.
- Converted three major programs to the Scaled Agile Framework methodology reducing business time-to-value as much as one year to six months. Release Manager for workforce management system upgrade worldwide.
- Revised two software vendor contracts to reduce (MTTR) from four to one month.
Quality Project Manager (Quality Assurance Office)
- Member of expert team responsible for improving all IT QA processes across all business domains and products; instrumental in driving change and establishing sustainable business processes. Matrix staff of ten QA experts.
- Within 18 months, upgraded complex QA management tool (HP ALM) for all software testing performed by more than 1,000 testers worldwide.
- Created QA needs assessment based upon industry standards, which provided management actionable data to target and improve training for 200 QA engineers.
Confidential, LaGrange, IL
Senior Project Engineer (Software Quality Engineer)
- Revised 20+ software development processes satisfying ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System requirements, and reducing software defects by 30%.
- Designed and implemented ISO 9001:2008 software compliance roadmap, improved process capability for more than 900 process deliverables and intermediate work products associated with locomotive manufacturing and upgrades. Trained teams.
- Worked with large offshore team (Pune, India) improving software quality for a major operating system migration project.
Confidential, Schaumburg, IL
Process and Product Quality Assurance Contractor
- Mentored large cross-functional project teams to ensure compliance with software development standards and processes, including Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
- Ensured software process compliance by 150 team members on $65 million 24-month business transformation project.
- Coached more than 150 project managers and development team members on SEI/CMMI and ITIL process area compliance.
- Reduced software process non-compliance 25% in more than 50 IT projects.
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Senior Project Manager, IT
- Responsible for software regulatory compliance in Medicare/Medicaid government contracts.
Confidential, Bensenville, IL
Manager, Configuration Management
- Led team to control baseline configurations for an upgrade of the Confidential telecommunications billing system.
- Doubled team productivity and responsibility in all facets of Configuration Management without increasing costs.
- Project Management Office (PMO): policies, procedures, standards, pmo structure, portfolio/program/project governance, financial & resource management/reporting, stakeholder management, functional/project/matrix/cross-functional teams collaboration.
- Product Management: backlog, roadmap, versions, releases and control criteria.
- Analytical problem solving, including root cause analysis, 5 Why’s, etc.
- Aligns plans and objectives, and removes impediments across functional teams.
- Agile Mindset; Empowered Teams measured by Time to Value.
- Agile roles, artifacts, ceremonies (Scrum and Kanban); (Burndown Charts, WIP Limits).
- Software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies: Scaled Agile Framework, Waterfall, Iterative, Evolutionary, Test Driven Development and Rapid Prototyping.
- Business Process Analysis; Requirements Development; Requirements Management.
- Project size/scope, resources, effort, schedule and cost estimation; execution, monitoring, control, corrective action, and timely issue escalation.
- Dollarized Risk Management techniques to effectively prioritize and escalate risks.
- Decision Trees and weighted Solution Selection techniques.
- Vendor selection (RFQ/RFP) and supplier project management, including off-shore team engagement and performance management.
- Software categories (COTS, Configurable, Custom, Prototype, etc.)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act - IT General Controls.
- SEI’s Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (SEI/CMMI) process areas, including CMMI assessments to achieve site process maturity consistent with business strategy.
- IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL); Service Delivery and Service Support processes.
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) & Critical Chain Project Management (CCPM).
- Program Evaluation and Review Technique (PERT) / Critical Path Method (CPM).
- PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).