- 25 years IT experience including IT management, project management, software development, infrastructure and consulting roles. Extensive expertise managing large IT projects. In - depth understanding of System Development Life Cycle and all aspects of software testing. Experience with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
Confidential, Kansas City, Missouri
Senior Project Manager
- Managed effort to test and deploy Ionic data encryption within Confidential, allowing both data at rest and data in motion to be protected.
- Implemented the Titus Data Classification suite to Confidential allowing for data classification of documents and emails.
- Managed security projects in the areas of spam protection, logic bomb detection, database monitoring, email monitoring, customer data privacy, malware detection and multi layer authentication.
- Implemented Cigital MCD tool to detect logic bombs in code.
- Managed effort to build VM infrastructure for Guardiam database monitoring implementation.
- Implemented Palantir “big data” analysis tools to identify malicious behavior.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of projects including design, delivery, installation, configuration, implementation and related financial and resource management. Coordinate projects using both traditional waterfall and Agile methodologies. Work directly with vendors on purchases, support and delivery schedules of hardware, software and professional services.
Confidential, Kansas City, Missouri
- Developed process flow for Agile development projects
- Trained development team on Agile process including scrums, sprints, story creation, story points and use of JIRA.
- Worked with MS Dynamics installation team to setup and configure Dynamics CRM for company use.
- Configured JIRA for use by development team.
- Hired and trained PM staff
Project Manager, IT Project Management
- Responsible for multiple development and interface projects with external insurance clients, agencies, and vendors. Project size ranging up to 24 months in length.
- Manage all aspects of projects including requirements gathering, project plan creation, resource management, test planning and overall project coordination.
- Directed projects using both traditional waterfall approaches and Agile methodology.
- Coordinated and participated in data modeling for interface projects including ACORD and NAILBA standards.
- Managed client relationships during projects including setting expectations and coordinating client development efforts with Confidential efforts
- Demonstrated consistent and successful project implementations meeting planned dates and delivering required functionality.
Senior Operation Leader
- Responsible for being the “face” of Cerner to 35+ major clients in all aspects of product support and escalation.
- Act in a consulting role during upgrade projects helping clients to project plan and execute successful implementations.
- Guide clients with upgrade planning to insure client is taking appropriate software when needed.
- Act as the primary escalation point for clients on all critical Millennium software issue’s insuring timely resolution to critical issues as well as creative alternatives to others.
Senior Project Leader
- Responsibilities include managing all aspects of Release Performance testing including planning, execution and reporting.
- Managed multiple engineering level tests for solutions such as PathNet, FirstNet, SurgiNet, ProFit etc.
- Developed a database and application that tracked and reported on all testing activity. In addition created numerous new processes / forms / templates being used for test planning and execution.
Manager Software Development
- Manage a team of project managers and quality associates that coordinated and drove all performance/availability testing activities as well as speak to “Production Readiness” of all major software releases for Confidential . Responsible for both direct and matrixed resources allowing for the performance testing and certification of all critical Confidential applications.
- Responsibility for providing recommendations to executive level management on the readiness of software releases to enter production.
- Key driver in the development of a new “Production Readiness” approach and department at Confidential .
- Investigated and identified new products and technologies to evaluate through both research and lab testing.
- Worked with vendors to acquire evaluation products as well as vendor support during proof of concept testing. Documented all phases of research as well as evaluation findings.
- Project managed proof of concept lab projects, new technology research.
- Participated in enterprise wide decisions on development tools and architecture standards.
- Implemented technology decisions involving development, web architecture, e-business solutions.
- Program managed “Standard Management Teams” that identified tool and application standards in the areas of Development and testing.
Software Engineer/Project Lead
- Lead role in Software development of new projects for both the IRES and CASS systems.
- Managed multiple large development projects, up to 20,000 hours of effort and having a development life cycle that ran from 6 to 18 months.
- Applications developed for multiple environments including Web, Client Server and Mainframe. Directing and motivating a staff of 5-20 resources at any one time, planning and estimating project phases, tracking and reporting project progress, use of project management tools, and maintaining a structured development approach at all times. Consistently planned and delivered high quality software projects to our clients on time.
- Participated in the Project Management Certification Program through George Washington University and received a Masters Certificate in Project Management and became a "Certified Project Management Professional".