- Strategy, Process, Program and Project Management Seasoned executive and Director of PMO with record of improving business metrics by 30 - 80%.
- Over 20 years of experience in business and IT strategy and project, program and portfolio management.
- Specialized in: creation and management of Project Management Office; project, program and portfolio management; business process improvement.
- Creation, development and management of Project Management Office (PMO)
- Program Management (PgM), Project Management (PM) and Portfolio Management (including business and IT mix)
- Leadership and Change Management
- Business Process Improvement (BPI) and Re-engineering (BPR)
- Six Sigma process improvement (DMAIC)
- Capability Maturity Model process improvement (CMMI)
- Earned Value Management (EVM)
- Management of culturally-diverse and geographically-dispersed teams (cross-functional and multi-vendor, in/outsource, on/offshore)
- Management of full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Agile/Scrum software development
- Project Management training/coaching/mentoring
MOST RECENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
Director of Project Management Office
- Designed and implemented PMO methodology and processes (mission and strategy, tollgate-based project lifecycle, portfolio governance, prioritization and risk assessment, EVM-based performance measurement, portfolio and project status reporting, best-practice policies, lessons learned and knowledge base management, project management template library).
- Introduced PPM (project and portfolio management) suite in the cloud. Gathered, analyzed and processed data and reported strategic KPIs. Co-chaired PMO Executive Committee. Prepared and presented portfolio reports and other project documents to the CIO and executive management.
- Championed change towards project and portfolio management culture of excellence.
- Trained, coached and mentored in portfolio, program and project management methodologies
- Managed execution of IT Investment Plan: 40 projects targeted at maintaining IT service delivery capability (e.g.: infrastructure, platform and application updates / upgrades / replacements; physical and information security compliance and enhancements).
- Oversaw execution of CIO-defined IT Transformation Plan: 18 programs targeted at building strong process and technology foundation and transitioning to industry state-of-the-art practices (e.g.: consolidated data center, business intelligence, unified service center, mobility, unified web presence, enhanced information security, technology-enhanced learning and research). Directly managed major IT investment projects, including COTS and SaaS.
- Liaised and co-managed projects (IT and non-IT) with other departments, schools and centers within Confidential .
- Managed vendor evaluation, selection, contracts and relationships.
- Raised project management organizational capability/maturity level from zero to two (managed).
- Supervised and mentored 30 project/program managers (matrix organization).
Business Process Improvement Manager
- Identified and managed process improvement projects.
- Defined and implemented strategic portfolio management framework (Six Sigma and Agile Scrum) and PPM suite (SharePoint).
- Analyzed, structured, optimized and standardized custom solution delivery process and project lifecycle.
- Created knowledge and best-practice acquisition and sharing framework.
- Designed and introduced project control process.
- Championed creation of Business Continuity Plan.
- Established Project Management Office (PMO).
- Directly managed custom implementations of loan servicing SaaS for top financial industry clients.
- Trained and mentored project managers.
- Defined and implemented governance for $20M project portfolio (BPI and IT).
- Boosted client billing accuracy from 50% to 85% through process redesign.
- Identified and realized 85% operational cost cuts and secured business continuity through data center consolidation.
- Managed PMO of 9 project managers.
PMO Manager, Scrum Master
- Managed business and technology projects.
- Identified multiple improvement opportunities and provided solutions for maximizing effectiveness and efficiency by optimizing both business processes and information systems.
- Performed SWOT and what-if analyses.
- Coordinated with stakeholders, partners, vendors and cross-functional teams to secure high quality deliverables.
- Managed projects with outsourced and offshored resources.
- Championed Agile Scrum software development practice.
- Successfully delivered complex projects in record time and on budget, applying traditional and new SDLC and Agile methodologies.
- Enabled five-fold business growth.
- Managed $20M project portfolio (BPI/BPR and IT).
- Streamlined and managed maintenance and support .
- Shortened project lifecycle by 50-75%.
- Increased revenue by 25% through quantitative SLA scenario analysis.
- Defined three KPIs / business performance indicators to replace outdated metrics.