Dynamic and experienced results-oriented leader in program and project management. A recognized industry expert, former CASMA President, working with a variety of corporations on global airline operations, industry practices and trends. Highly experienced project management professional with 11 years applying Agile principles and mentoring Agile project teams including customer/users, product owners and technology experts. Certified Scrum Master.
Diverse experience in a variety of management and operational areas including supervisor, manager and principal roles, business consulting, release management, implementation and integration consulting, management and non-Management roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Proven results from successful experiences as Product Manager, Project Manager and Scrum Master with the entire lifecycle of technical software project development from inception to change management to release management to implementation and post-integration reviews.
As an Airline Industry Expert provide insight to investment fund managers, consultants and corporations who need broad context and insight into the commercial aviation and airline distribution industry on a freelance basis. Demand for expertise occurs when institutional investors are looking for more detailed information prior to supporting IPOs, mergers, acquisitions or funding managed investments for clients. This allows them to supplement published reports and white papers by gaining a first-hand, industry perspective. Engagements with many of the top investment firms.
Successfully completed a business process mapping assignment including gap analysis, high level requirements for American Express during a 21 day consultation with their teams in New York and Phoenix. Hosted conference calls with key stakeholders and subject matter experts to determine current state and to be objectives. Completed Visio workflow, Project Scope Document, Gap Analysis on time and on budget.
Scrum Master / Project Manager / Business Analyst / Pragmatic Marketer resource on multiple projects/initiatives across Sabre defined from a user perspective. Strategic position supporting extensive customer/user meetings to define their needs for new and/or improving functionality applying Agile principles as the framework for success. Based on strong Pragmatic Marketing principles representing the voice of the customer and industry in new product, service and enhancement initiatives drawing on product and project management best practices to support the user requirements as the key driver. Skill set based on Agile defined Product Owner, Scrum Master and Project Manager experience to develop customer centric requirements for new software, enhancements and initiatives within the travel industry representing them to the technology division and teams.
Project leader providing a single point of expertise for the Reservations, Sales, City Ticket Offices and Premium Services with program oversight for enterprise projects, guidance and coordination of development priorities for implementations and airline integrations. Included daily reviews with the business and technology teams to refine deliverables through sprints and release management consisting of user story and task updates, testing status and results, change
management to ensure delivery of the requirements as agreed upon by the project team. Maintained focus on the long-term strategic goals including but not limited to PSS modernization as well as acquisition integrations Pan Am LGW , Air Cal, Reno Air, Eastern Airlines and TWA for seamless customer service, data availability, system availability, etc. Actively coached, guided, facilitated and championed the projects / products through the complete life cycle as based on the scrum framework and Agile principles to deliver the right product at the right cost while reducing risks and eliminating roadblocks.
Managed large-scale enterprise projects, new products and services that are supported by a variety of systems,internal and external vendors often defined by emerging industry standards. Led the development and expansion of American's direct connect distribution channel, ongoing enhancements, new prepaid travel products and support as well as customer integrations through effective Agile release management practices.
Examples of Key Results with Sabre American Airlines:
- 2004-2013 Scrum Master / Project Manager for AAirpass.com and other eCommerce initiatives using Waterfall, SDLC and Agile principles and methodologies or hybrid . Projects were built on user defined requirements, prioritization of features and functionality and standardization following broad best practices. Included customer validation throughout the life cycle to ensure the technical solutions and designs supported improved user experiences including UI/UX oversight and release management. Mentored teams on Agile principles and methodologies, ensuring adaption success. Introduced SaFE, Scaled Agile Architecture as the core framework to achieve project objectives minimizing technology obsolescence. .
- Led a five month development to implementation project cycle launching AA Gift Cards in the retail marketplace meeting Americans objective to have the product available for the holiday season providing more than 3M in the first 3 months of sales based on a blend of Waterfall and emerging Agile methodologies. Use of Scrum framework SaFE to define project architecture. Project provided 12M in first year sales.
- Led the implementation of American's direct connect distribution channel based on substantial customer / user definition sessions, that provides a complete reservations and ticketing solution for agencies in North America, Europe and India in 2010 with ongoing expansion of functionality to provide product differentiation and an improved customer value proposition for the suppliers. Project hybrid based on SDLC, Waterfall transitioned to Agile methodologies after first phase. Project reduced distribution costs through the channel by 71 .
- KeyProjectManageron several airline acquisition projects including Braniff's London route, Air Cal, Reno Air,
- Eastern Airlines Latin America and TWA integrations. Required using skills to develop repeatable processes expanded beyond one location to ensure systems and employees were prepared and able to transition from their old PSS to AA Sabre. All integrations were completed on time, with little to no disruption to service using a strong team approach in pre-planning as well as execution stages.
- o Responsible for IT solutions and delivery for new or acquired products and markets. Included but not limited to 7 day successful start-up of service between DFW-LGW, new service to BRU, FRA, MXP and PAR in Europe and NRT in Japan. Responsible for integrating reservation systems to Sabre, managing the training and operational opening of associated reservation and ticket office centers supporting existing products based on the strategy and business needs as defined by the American Airlines Global Sales organization. Provided product management,subject matter expertise and development oversight while working with a variety of operational departments ensuring that product release schedules and product attributes were met.
Various Operational / Supervisory Roles,
- IATA New Distribution Channel NDC Task Force Member 2013
- Implemented first eMD with ARC, American Airlines and Farelogix 2009
- President of CASMA, Computerized Airline Sales and Marketing Association 2000-2007
- o Developed, obtain industry certification and taught the first broad-based Introduction to Airline Distribution, Advanced Airline Distribution and Airline Data courses
- Led the IATA Corporate Revenue Tracking Project, a global airline initiative that preceded airline alliances 1997-1999 Co-Project Manager for American e-ticket initiative
- Agile Certified 2003
- Pragmatic Marketing Certified 2013
- Certified Scrum Master International Scrum Institute Certificate 43008671353571
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes