- Experienced in project management from concepting needed equipment through project Initiating, Planning, Executing, Controlling, and Closing of various types of Material Handling System projects.
- Vast experience in defining and evaluating the project scope requirements; developing and managing the Projects; leading and owning the project execution & success; preparing and managing the Project Steering Committee sessions; creating the Project Plan; monitoring and controlling project resource allocation; developing the project launch optimization procedures; and post - mortem analysis of closed projects.
- Complete oversight of turn-key plant conveyor and capital projects including equipment installation supervision and Launch oversight for OEMs & integrators in Automotive Plants, Supply Chains, and other manufacturing and assembly facilities.
- Projects ranged in size and complexity.
- Have managed and supervised teams consisting of Project managers, Mechanical & Controls Engineers, Electricians, Superintendents, Foremen, Millwrights, Iron Workers and Maintenance workers, plus tradesmen on Industrial Construction projects. Teams ranged in size from 5 to 500.
- Experience in planning and directing capital projects from concept to performance acceptance.
- Extensive hands-on experience in project management, design layout, engineering, generation of equipment specifications, (RFP) Request for Proposals, Operation & Maintenance Procedures, purchasing, budgeting, cost estimating, selection and hiring of team members, contract and vendor management, relocation & installation of capital equipment, plus commissioning of capital equipment.
- Capable of tracking all schedule milestones through the Life Cycle of material handling systems using MS Project scheduling software.
- Strong equipment trouble shooting skills and understanding of manufacturing and process equipment.
- On-the-floor, hands-on type Project Manager / Engineer, who has planned and designed material handling systems, manufacturing production processes and process improvements in industrial plants.
- Conducted Root Cause Analysis on various systems to resolve issues / problems and improve quality. Ability to provide solid analytical problem-solving skills, and to provide leadership in equipment and process flow layouts.
- Capable of maximizing lean efficiency by analyzing waste, layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization.
- Determined, selected, purchased, and justified project costs for Material Handling equipment to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification.
- Relied on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Effective communicator who achieves high levels of Stake Holder satisfaction by managing contract scope of work requirements that ensure alignment with project financials, schedule, goals, and objectives.
- Strong fundamentals and professional experience implementing PMI’s PMBOK (Project Management Body of Knowledge), Equipment Commissioning, and Engineering best practices across multiple industries.
- Senior Project Management & Engineering On - Time Project Delivery Subcontractor Contract Negotiation
- Installation Site Management Industrial Conveyor Systems (Manufacturing, Automotive, Supply Chain, etc.)
- Vendor Bid Analysis and Selection MS Project Scheduling RFQ & Specification Development
- Risk & Issue Mitigation Capital Equipment Integration Mechanical Engineering Requirements Analysis
- OSHA 10-Hour Safety Certification - Construction Safety & Health
MS Project Professional
Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Confidential, Antioch, TN
Director of Project Management & Engineering
- Responsible for monitoring the status, resolving issues, and tracking of all Ad Merchandise logistically which had a target sell date in the stores. (e.g., from vendor purchase, to shipment pick-up, DC Receiving, put away, case picking, palletizing, truck staging and loading, shipping to 90 Retail brick and mortar stores).
- Utilized the PMI methodology of Initiate, Plan, Execute, Control, and Close all Supply Chain projects.
- Managed phase-1 (data gathering) of a new Manhattan (WMS) W arehouse M anagement S ystem project.
- Managed all Supply Chain Distribution Center projects and budgets.
- Ensured that projects were well connected with the company strategy and prioritized accordingly.
- Ensured the right cross functional capacity & competency for the projects.
- Organized and managed the Project Steering Committees.
- Worked with all departments to optimize project resource assignments according to budget and priorities.
- Communicated to Stakeholders:
- Weekly Project Health Reports, including project costs vs budget.
- Issue and Risk Mitigation status.
- KPI (Key Performance Indicator) completion status.
- Project Schedule performance status (percent complete).
- Project test and launch plan development.
- Accountable for continuous improvement on new product development process and efficiency.
- Continuously enhanced project team competency and provided coaching.
- Project execution:
- Guided the Supply Chain managers to achieve the project objectives & Mentored them.
- Ensured the consistency of the data in the forecasting and reporting tools.
- Prepared and monitored the design content of spread sheets for projects.
- Monitored projects progress (project task dates, stage gate dates, risks, Mitigation planning, store and vendor shipping execution, etc.).
- Prepared the MS Project Schedule with input from the project Steering Committee and Distribution Center managers.
- Helped managers to escalate project issues and find solutions.
Senior Project Manager - PMO Leader
- Oversee and Initiate, plan, execute & control all Supply Chain Headquarters’ initiatives simultaneously utilizing an abbreviated PMI Methodology and an enhanced MS Project Scheduling template. Projects developed and managed encompass all tasks required from concept to Go-Live.
- Project types were Logistics and Distribution Center related.
- Created and updated weekly an “Ad Goods” Status Tracking Report in Excel.
- Designed and maintained the weekly Executive Committee’s PMO Stakeholder Report.
- Project managed the onsite installation of the Phase-1 Finished Goods storage racking system containing 8,000 storage locations.
- Assisted in the Engineering, Installation management & Testing of the automated Case Sortation System.
Senior Project Manage r
- As Senior Project Manager I provided leadership of the project team covering the planning and coordination, MS Project scheduling, financial and cost management, contract administration and documentation, Plant departmental communications, deliverables, and stakeholder relationships for all assigned projects.
- Responsible for the conception and management of plant wide process material handling systems. This included needs analysis, cost / ROI justification to upper management, Layout design and engineering, planning & monitoring of project budgets and resources, project cost estimating, bid package preparation, project management, systems testing and start-up, including Test Plan development.
- Ensured all projects were completed on time, within budget and with complete Stakeholder satisfaction.
- As Sr. Project Manager I was also responsible for training and mentoring less experienced Project Managers.
- Identified and compiled data for project planning documents: schedule, status reports, appropriations requests, master budget, forecast, and invoice schedule.
- Developed and managed the execution of commissioning plans, acceptance testing and equipment signoffs.
- Secured funding for change orders.
- Performed project close-out which include turnover to Production and final vendor payments.
- Chaired the following meetings: turnover, kick-off, project planning, installation kick-off, and department status meetings.
- Conducted weekly Executive plant project status meetings.
- Performed vendor design reviews, Plant design reviews and approvals.
- Evaluated contract documents and schedule performance.
- Updated Master MS Project schedules/forecasts.
- Managed costs and Vendor performance.
- Conducted Engineering Planning site coordination meetings.
- Created project planning documents: schedule, master budget, forecast, and invoice payment schedules.
- Administered subcontracts and approved vendor invoices.
- Managed and negotiated change orders.
- Coordinated site/go-live support.
- Coordinated spare parts, training, and project documentation.
- Managed project close-out which included turnover to Plant End User.
- Performed other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Successful project concept design through Startup Validation of Seat on pallet Storage and Final Line Lineside Automated Seat Delivery system.
- Successful start & completion of Frame Receiving & Line Delivery Conveyor System.
- Successful design and Launch of a Truck & SUV Door Carrier P&F system expansion.
- Successfully managed 12 projects concurrently. This involved supervision of plant maintenance team members assisting with the system installation & testing, and 4 different contractor mechanical, programming, and electrical installation crews.
- Redesigned and improved production performance on existing system conveyor equipment.
- Successfully supervised 3 maintenance team members assisting with the system installation & testing, and 8 contractor mechanical and electrical employees.
- Negotiated over $158,000 reduction in vendor equipment and installation labor costs.
- Redesigned plant equipment layout which reduced project cost by $253,000.
- Successfully performed various other Conveyor Systems Design & Installation management and supervision projects with zero downtime.
Confidential, Springfield, TN
Senior Manufacturing Project Engineer
- Project oversight of a new automated stamping press, with shuttle conveyor line, for manufacturing Electrolux cook tops.
- Project was incredibly challenging and demanding of my time.
- Through my efforts the System’s Downtime and material waste was reduced significantly.
- Developed a detailed Downtime Data Recording Process and all required recording templates.
- Trained three shifts of System Operators on the Downtime Data Recording Process and Methodology.
- Created and initiated a Production Cycle Time Improvement Program, including daily and monthly recording with personally designed Excel templates.
- Instituted the Scott Cook Top Line Manufacturing Metric; Overall Equipment Effectiveness data recording process and the required personally designed Excel Template.
- Created a Quality Improvement & Scrap Reduction Program and Scrap Tracking Process with personally designed Excel templates for all production shifts.
Confidential, Homer, Louisiana
Senior Project Manager & Engineer
- Lead project improvement team.
- Applied Root Cause Analysis techniques to analyze and resolve 12 identified production problems.
- Implemented vision inspection technology to verify quality and accuracy of manufactured product.
- Promoted lean manufacturing concepts within the Engineering department.
- Created and maintained Task Implementation Status Reports and Master Project Schedule for presentation to Plant Manager and Team. Created Site equipment Installation Plans.
Confidential, Brentwood, TN
Senior Project Manager & Senior Site Installation PM
- Responsible for all aspects of a project’s life cycle, from Sales turnover meeting through final acceptance.
- Purchased and expedited materials for each project.
- Obtained all necessary permits, supervised field work crews, dealt with aspects of the Uniform Building Code, and worked closely with all departments within the organization to coordinate a smooth running, on time project.
- Negotiated reductions in vendor labor costs.
- Produced and maintained MS Project Schedules and field reports using templates that I custom designed.
- Reviewed, verified, tracked, and expedited customer and vendor invoice payment requests.
- Established and presented kick off, progress, scheduling, and site safety meetings.
- Interfaced with facility user staff to address their needs and concerns during system design, installation, and customer acceptance testing.
- Selected and supervised site installation vendors.
- Site Project Managed Conveyor Integrated System installation projects concurrently for the following customers: