Experienced Project Manager, Construction Manager & telecommunications engineer with expertise in construction of new wireless cell site builds, modernization, and installation of various wireless/landline communications. Strong skill set pertaining to the development, implementation, and commissioning of technologies in numerous industries with extensive knowledge of construction management. Able to solve logistical problems, electrical & mechanical issues, software & hardware upgrades execution. Strong working knowledge of wireless networks and networking protocols.
Confidential, New York City
Wi - Fi Project Manager
- Managed the City’s Wi-Fi initiative for the design, implementation, and deployment of high speed broadband wireless internet network for New York City Housing Authority.
- Reviewed program documents to ensure scope, schedule, and costs commitments were reasonable and achievable. Participated in program reviews to ensure projects were on track.
- Onsite management of day to day activities ranging from streets construction to access points installations in units. Selected installation contractors and facilities based telecommunications provider for the build out of our dedicated network.
- Created and drove product development schedules, facilitated and lead project team meetings, tracked issues, identified risks and mitigated options.
- Bill of Materials (BOM) creation and management, tracked allocations, communicated project status, and worked towards execution of projects across the organization.
- Created, coordinated, and maintained integrated development schedules. Organized dependencies with cross-functional teams including PM, DM, suppliers, platforms, core teams and extended teams. Coordinated cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activities.
Confidential, NY / NJ
Confidential & Confidential Network NSB/DAS/Generator/LTE Construction Manager
- Inception to true-up management of new site builds, generator additions, DAS, & LTE 2C/3C/Cell Site of the Future projects.
- Pre-Construction Scoping: Power, gas & telco design input. Bid package and site-specific scope of work. Identified & coordinated out-of-scope work.
- Compared existing site conditions with project-specific requirements to identify necessary work that was not already included in the base SOW for the project.
- Confirmed permit requirements (building, electrical, etc.), construction drawings, LE, RFDS, structural analysis & environmental studies by working closely with site acquisition teams.
- Reviewed, redlined and approved A&E drawings. Coordinated A&E drawings with RFDS and constructability constraints per the A&E Drawing Redlining Process.
- Ensured site development construction related project goals were met within established cycle times, quality requirements, and approved budget. Performed feasibility walks & drafted feasibility scoping in corroboration with Zoning, Acquisition, and RF departments.
- Reviewed submitted site specific Site Action Plans and checked pricing & calculations for any discrepancies in purchase orders, labor costs or material estimates. Negotiated and insured number fell within the customer’s acceptable guidelines.
- Site walks included but not limited to: bid walks, architecture & engineering (A&E) walks, utilities coordination, progress, punch walks, site acceptance, & post-construction activities.
- Managed GCs with respect to scheduling, crew availability, tool usage, and deliverables. Enforced quality control and safety standards. Reviewed & confirmed flagged items corrected by GC’s.
- Fostered communication between stakeholders in the construction process including but not limited to site acquisition management, implementation management, supplier sourcing management, project management and RF engineering.
- Extensive management of DAS deployment within key service locations. Assisted in the design process of the infrastructure for the DAS systems’ overhaul to single-mode fiber or complete new installation. Executed the cycling in of required retrofits for the DAS system with the LTE network. Coordination & execution of second & third carrier adds.
- Contributed to customer site acceptance by assuring COP deliverables were completed and financial true-ups met the initially agreed upon pricing and SOW.
- Reviewed project scoping contracts. Removed or accepted change orders based on whether the site-specific scope of work was a necessary addition to the project scope. Kept excellent records & documentation of compliance. Support & reporting via various Excel trackers, Milestone Report, Continuus, CAM, CART, Siterra, share drives, etc.
- Extensively trained with in Project Management, Supplier Management, Construction Awareness, CM-CFM responsibilities, Quality, Safety, Tools, and Telecom Overview.
Communications Site Project Manager
- Management of SOW preparations, fielding in of contractor bids, projects completion with close out packages review & approval. All projects involved the build out & modernization of the city’s emergency response systems. Locations involved the existing PSAC1 (911 center), currently in-build PSAC2 (new redundant 911 center) & all-encompassing hub sites within the boroughs.
- Performed administrative task involving SOW & contracts creation, purchase orders, bonding, permits, invoices, and lien waivers.
- Conducted site walks & assisted in developing sites’ systems designs. Managed the pre-construction process between A/E firms, GC, DoITT city agency, NYPD & FDNY to produce effective site designs for approval. Interfaced with all groups for project planning & identification of potential problems with corrective action plans to insure completion per set parameters.
- Reviewed & approved drawings with support in red-lined designs & project documentation necessary for installation & final as-built deliverables.
- Supervised work Confidential multiple sites while enforcing OHSA standards. Ensured that time & work documentation was current, accurate & complete. Maintained required information vital to effectively responding to questions & issues regarding sites. Attended scheduled planning meetings & provide status reports of all project milestones to the city, NYPD & FDNY agencies. Initiated meetings as necessary to keep all involved parties under advisement.
- Directed assigned project responsibilities to completion, ensuring that all activities including permitting, construction, equipment installation, system testing & acceptance were coordinated & completed within the allotted times as dictated by the master scheduler.
- Coordinated installation activities & customer acceptance events with project team.
- Drafted & provided status reports including spreadsheets, memos & scheduling documents to other MSI managers as required.
- Performed final site inspections & punch while adhering to strict MSI R56 requirements, facilities requisite, manufacturers’ equipment installation specs, electrical & construction codes.
Confidential, NY / NJ
Sprint Network Vision Construction Manager
- Coordinated construction scheduling, build bid process, progress, delays, and job close outs.
- Performed feasibility walks in corroboration with Zoning, Acquisition, and RF departments.
- Shared responsibility for estimates, schedules, materials, and purchase orders.
- Managed & supervised GCs, power & telecom technicians.
- Ensured quality construction was being performed within established budget & schedule while retaining Sprint standards of performance. Completed routine site visits for safety & build audits.
- Read, interpreted & conveyed site status reports, site plans, tower drawings, & grounding plans.
- Assisted in confirming & securing needed permits & licenses before start of site build / equipment installation.
- Database management: Siterra, FST, VPM, daily/weekly database trackers.
- Performed audits, site acceptance & ensured Telecom standards of compliance of build complete sites. Confirmed sites built to CDs, RFDS listed equipment (antennas, radios, combiners) installed, correct RAN scenarios used, all safety & security issues resolved.
- Maintained close working relationships with various teams (GCs, engineers, site acquisition, landlords/management companies, Sprint legal, Stone Crop materials) for exceptional fulfillment of concurrent working sites.
Confidential, Bechtel, NY / NJ
UMTS/GSM Lead Field Engineer / Manager
- Responsible for the operations and maintenance of UMTS/GSM cell sites within the NY tri-state/ upstate & New Jersey areas.
- Worked on the full commissioning of Confidential .
- Assist with the installation, configuration & integration of both Confidential UMTS & Nokia GSM cabinets along with supporting equipment. Install & test transport facilities to the site while adhering to design specs.
- T1 (Gate 1 & 2 testing), T3 (Gate 2 testing), Ethernet (Layer 2 & 3 testing) via HST TBERD 2300 series & JDSU 3000 test sets. Installation, turn up, and new circuit integration. Performed head to head testing with Confidential & Confidential switch. Programmed and reconfigured CSU to support 3G DS3 additions.
- Tested Ethernet circuits back through Confidential NID with VZ PCO group while resolving NID issues involving power, optical and/or electrical ports and IP addressing to and through the MSN.
- Lead on ALU 7705 SIAD & Tellabs SIAD projects. Installed, powered, reconfigured & loaded configuration scripts in ALU 7705 SIADS & Tellabs SIADS. Completed ping test after load of SIAD & turned up SIAD.
- Executed Hot Cuts of sites from T1s to R2A (9-14 T1s), R2B (DS3) or R4B (Ethernet) utilizing either Tellabs SIADs or ALU 7705 SIADs to the Confidential UMTS cab.
- Installed ALU 7750 routers while confirming Ethernet transport through fiber originating from Canoga Perkins (NID). Responsible for troubleshooting ALU 7750 post integration issues involving IP addresses, port assignments and resolution of alarms.
- Applied fully developed knowledge and specialized skills to provide an advanced level of troubleshooting support in transport technologies including but not limited to: DS1, DS3, Ethernet, and Microwave.
- Responsible for daily timely submittal of close out packages for all visited sites. COP included Daily, Test & JSA Reports, running config files data, test set reports, site ping data & detailed photos of various site components.
- Assisted in the management of approximately 40 techs. Dispatched, inspection quality of work & reporting, provided field support & resolution of issues.
Network Vision 3G/4G Site Acceptance Manager
- Accessed Siterra & Titan applications for the review of work scopes & pertinent site data (blueprints, testing charts, alarm reports, site pictures, and work orders.)
- Completed post site walks/site acquisition validation. Confirmed installation of equipment; inspection of materials used, code required clearances (per drawings) were maintained, safety appurtenances were installed per drawings, connectivity/integrity of power/fiber/coax were all tested & within parameters, structural modifications to buildings or facilities were completed as per drawings, strict compliance to all state/city codes.
- Accepted or failed the site & informed the GC of status. FSO Dashboard utilized to inform GC of my findings during inspections; failed items selected, pictures uploaded and corrective measures required by me for GC correction before my next inspection.
- Ensured ASPs were familiar with the SOW & communicated site specific plans. Determined if any issues in support required escalation to appropriate teams. Attended customer/team meetings and communicated schedule status, addressed concerns or issues, and verified accuracy of specific scopes.
- PO receipt for Network Vision ALU sites into mFieldWorks. Captured serial numbers of newly installed equipment, entered data into ATLAS and installed each component into its virtual location. Successful completion sent notification that equipment had been delivered as expected & triggered payment from Sprint to the OEM.
Confidential, NY / NJ / CT / RI / MA
Field Commissioning Engineer
- Installed, commissioned & tested 7705 Confidential routers.
- Loaded scripts & made necessary amendments of scripts to accommodate site conditions & existing T1 usage.
- Hot Cut of Confidential & Nortel BTS cabinets while working in conjunction with the switch and prior approval of the NOC.
- Depending on the market sites were cut over through the Axxius, Comcast or directly into the OVP with transport by way of the 7705 routers.
- Performed T1 head to head testing with the switch & Ethernet testing through VZ using supplied VLAN ips.
- Troubleshooting techniques applied to resolve router issues, degraded cabling, Axxius & Comcast port assignments.
- Assisted switch with installation & configuration of ALU 7750 router used primarily in a backhaul capacity.
Confidential, NY / NJ
LTE Field Technician
- Performed installation of Confidential RBS 6201 enclosure consisting of: physical enclosure of RBS, grounding, power to PCU AC, transport to OVP & SIU, GPS RF cable to GPS receiver, RF connection, and RF to hard-line with weatherproof.
- Completed green light test of RBS.
- Completed full LTE Integration involving SIU integration, ENode B Integration; checked alarms & access, verified software levels from PM, completed packet call testing on all sectors, updated Site Handler, recorded complete session in Putty application.
- Performed Q/A and site audits, resolved any issues.
- Responsible for daily timely submittal of close out packages & completed standardized checklist prior to the start of any task & upon completion.
RBS Field Technician
- T1 testing, turn up, and new circuit integration. Performed head to head testing with the bridge using a Confidential -berd and hard loop. Programmed and reconfigured Axxius equipment to support 3G T1 additions.
- Applied fully developed knowledge and skills to provide an advanced level of support in the testing, locating, maintenance, and repair activities for remote sites within a geographic area.
- Commissioned, decommissioned, performed adds & swaps of radios, network interface board, as well as other components within the RBS 3106 & RBS 3206 cabinets.
- Installed cat5 cable, 635 blocks, Prypro and OVP terminations.
- Upgraded and loaded existing Axxius 800’s TSR & Controller cards with updated scripts utilizing HyperTerminal.
- Utilized element manager to track & report alarms.
- Frequent interaction with the Switch, Operation Service Center, and other field technicians.
- Wrote daily and weekly reports detailing maintenance activities, unresolved issues, and feedback regarding standard operating procedures needed to streamline the process. Maintained inventory, tools and test equipment such as Confidential -berd, Anritsu, laptops and meters.
Wireless Network Field Engineer
- Responsible for the deployment, installation, and commissioning of the NYCWiN wireless high-speed data, video, and voice network for the NYPD, FDNY, DOT, EMT and numerous other city agencies.
- Completed new site installations of up to eight different devices including up to three high capacity radios into RAN rack and remote radio enclosures within all five boroughs.
- Successfully linked new sites and troubleshoot existing sites as part of the microwave team. Installed and aligned one foot and two foot dishes, programmed Ceragon unit’s IP settings through HyperTerminal; configured module’s settings, transmit frequencies, and power levels per spec while monitoring frequencies via element manager. Assured sites were linked, performed connectivity testing, and recorded viable data.
- Successfully brought sites on-air as part of the commissioning team in conjunction with the NOC/Switch. Implemented and verified TCP/IP configuration of multiple devices via SNMP based element managers, telnet, and HyperTerminal enabling complete device accessibility from NOC. Programmed Cisco 3750, configured Gigabit ports, Fast Ethernet ports, and routed fiber optic cable. Implemented VOIP connectivity. Analyzed and resolved equipment/connection failures and/or recommended corrective action. Notified the NOC of completion and site eligibility for turn up.
- Performed power and ground terminations, DC power retrofit Confidential remote satellite boxes including 110 block termination and cable management of RF, Ethernet, GPS, fiber optic, and EDT lines. Performed fiber integration Confidential hub sites in conjunction with Confidential .
- Swept and troubleshoot RF lines using test equipment including an anritsu.
Confidential, NY / CT
Telecommunication Field Technician
- Installed, maintained, and repaired outside/inside fiber and copper equipment/facilities including inside wire Confidential customer premise and fiber jumpers Confidential the distribution hub.
- Central office assistance in fiber transport systems, digital cross connects systems, IP and IPTV video networks, VOIP, routers, Ethernet switches, LAN interfaces, Digital Loop Carriers, and all other equipment associated with switching and interoffice transport.
- Installed hardware and programmed T1 circuits, patch upgrades, software, PE and Networking Remote Carrier, and Remote Access Circuitry. Tested and disconnected T1 lines using Confidential -Berd. Upgrade CPU cards.
- Placed and removed Outside Plant facilities including “in power” situations: poles, guys and anchors, strand, aerial and underground cable, rural wire, and terminals.
- Operated line vehicles and construction equipment such as line trucks, aerial lifts, mini derricks, cable removal units, and excavation equipment.
- Used documentation, including Operator’s manuals and work prints of facilities; interpreted schematic work order drawings to determine job specifications while adhering to Local and Federal Regulations.
Confidential, MA / DC
RBS Installation & Testing Field Engineer
- Decommissioned TDMA equipment for site analysis.
- Installed and commissioned Nokia ultra-site RBS equipment.
- Replaced and upgraded circuit cards, punch down to 66 voice blocks and connecting systems for Dmarc external alarms.
- RBS maintenance and installation for Nokia equipment
- Used spectrum analyzer (Anrtisu) and Confidential -Berd (Actrena) for RF line sweeping and T1 diagnostics.
- Performed channel additions and installed HCU (Hybrid Control Unit) to increase coverage radius.
- Upgraded software for Axxius (CSU) equipment to accommodate T1 transmissions for UMTS. Monitored and upgraded DS/0 cross-connections for UMTS configuration. Configured TSR software upgrade for GPS/Location Module Units (LMU).
Satellite Field Technician
- Reviewed installation specifications, building permits, manufacturer’s instructions, and government ordinances to determine installation site.
- Installed, tested, and repaired satellite equipment, components, and Coaxial cable in residential, commercial and retail outlets.
- Used troubleshooting procedures to isolate defects and alleviate problems in existing systems.
- Performed off air broadcast network signal test, per company and FCC guidelines.
- Ensured documentation was effectively completed; instructed customers in use of equipment, and resolved all issues and request.
NY State Lottery Field Engineer
- Installed, maintained, and serviced various lottery terminals and equipment located in retailers.
- Performed computer hardware and software upgrades, replaced chipsets, and recalibrated lottery ticket vending machines.
- Prevented downtime with implemented failover testing and other high availability solutions.
- Swapped, maintained, and disconnected Power Amplifiers and radio modules.
- Communicated effectively and efficiently with retailers; assisted in promotional activities, new game and software and provided customer service to patrons.
- Accurately reported activity, arrival, and departure times, system conflicts, and resolutions of failures into NY Service Database and management protocol.