Highly skilled engineering professional with a Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering, 20 yrs. of experience in the Construction Industry, mainly in Construction Management for Public transportation Capital/ Railroad improvement Projects. Adept at cost estimating, submittal review for design compliance, preparation and processing of submittals, RFIs, NPCs and project documentation control. Experience in MS Access, MS Office and Expedition Primavera. Outstanding history of building strong working relationships with clients, coworkers, contractors and inspectors. Excellent Computer and communications skills. ACI Certified Concrete Construction Special Inspector and an ICC Certified Steel and Bolting Special Inspector.
Civil and Environmental Engineering Construction Management - Capital/Railroad improvement projects Quality Control Project Management
Project Documentation Control Environmental Impact Assessments Laboratory Research
Site Inspections Project and Quantity Takeoff Estimating Pay Application Management
Contractor Recruiting and Supervision Negotiation Change Orders
Confidential, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Providing engineering design assistance on an as-needed basis to various projects.- SCA PS 161 Brooklyn - Flood Elimination
- Performing Special Inspections and Quality Assurance Inspections on various commercial and residential projects in NYC.
- Assisting the company’s Project Management Oversight Contractor (PMOC) Team which provides oversight to Federal Transit Administration (FTA) on Region II Major Capital projects- East Side Access and 2nd Ave Subway Phase 1 in NY in preparing monthly and quarterly progress reports.
- In collaboration with the Environmental Division of the Company, performed regular field monitoring for Organic Vapors and soil on a Street scape project site.
Assistant Resident Engineer
- Served as liaison among contractors, designers and, client to ensure the smooth flow of project communication.
- Assisted in performing field engineering inspection and other contract administration functions to ensure contract compliance.
- Reviewed and processed contractor submittals, payment applications, cost proposals and other project documentation.
- Managed all project correspondence using NJ Transit’s document control software.
- Attended construction meetings; prepared and distributed minutes.
- Prepared estimates and change order packages.
- Negotiated directly with contractors on some projects.
- Reviewed and approved contractor worksheets and invoices.
- Analyzed project overruns, underruns and allowances and compile the necessary reports.
- Collaborated in project acceptance and close-outs. Projects include:
Confidential, New York, New York
- Management firm with 100+ employees specializing in the management of complex construction projects for major public and private institutions, including schools, resorts and medical centers.
- Worked with the chief estimator to complete quantity takeoffs.
- Prepared cost estimates for small projects.
- Reviewed contractors’ cost proposals. Compiled Notice of Proposed Changes (NPC) packages for the client’s review and approval.
- Maintained NPC logs using Excel and Expedition.
- Earned a reputation for consistently fast turnaround of estimates and net present cost (NPC) packages.
- Developed effective relationships with diverse, multi-disciplined inspectors and contractors.
Confidential, Astoria, New Jersey
- Collaborated with the Project Manager and Quality Control Manager in the direction of construction jobs.
- Prepared submittals, quantity takeoffs, change orders and cost proposals based on contract specifications and drawings.
- Maintained RFI logs and daily construction reports.
- Compiled MBE and DBE reports. Reviewed, approved and submitted invoices and payment requisitions.
- Participated in project meetings; took and distributed minutes.
- Sourced and hired subcontractors.
- Procured job materials. Recruited and negotiated with subcontractors.
- Produced operation and maintenance (O & M) manuals.