- Accomplished Financial Services Industry Professional with established expertise in Financial Crime Project Management. With over 20 years of measurable success navigating ambiguity and delivering on key business objectives. Global leader for coordinating and developing KYC, OFAC, and Patriot Act policies and procedures to combat money laundering and other related financial crimes. The ability to incorporate noledge of BSA and AML requirements to perform transactional quality assurance testing of high - risk accounts.
- Expert in forecasting, planning & analysis (FP&A), and executing strategies that generate measurable results. Confidently able to communicate with clarity to senior leadership. I is pursuing a role that fully utilizes my project management skills and strategic approach to Finance Crime Prevention with a robust emphasis on structural governance approach to regulatory rules and a broad range of innovative products to prevent perpetrators abuse of financial systems. Efficiently using Waterfalls combined with Agile Rally to streamline the development process.
- Successfully developed the global strategy and framework on enhanced client onboarding processes by composing global and local policy requirements and procedures that comply with applicable laws and regulations. Significantly reducing the risk for money laundering predicate offenses.
- Led and planned the design and implementation of a global customer onboarding technical solution that mitigates BSA/AML risk without putting unnecessary burdens on the business.
- Launched new ongoing transaction monitoring program based on the institution's risk profile of clients, PEPs, and PEP associates, that uses scenarios to screened 25 million clients and identify potential BSA/AML violations or other suspected illegal activities within the global framework.
Confidential, Greater New York Area, NY
- Analyzed and conducted examinations of internal policies and procedures for onboarding/screening of Third Party Acquirers for its effectiveness and make appropriate revisions to confirm compliance with global regulations covering BSA, AML, and OFAC
- Composed internal policies, procedures, and controls designed to comply with the USA PATRIOT Act, that is consistent with robust governance, oversight, and accountability to Protect global Business Unit from being used as a conduit for illegal financial activity.
- Liaise with Compliance and Business Technology teams throughout the development and implementation lifecycle of a Global Integrated Technical Platform that effectively manages AML/KYC regulatory requirements for Third Party Acquirers, ensuring that the requirements are clearly understood and that adjustments are appropriately managed through the change control process.
- Created extensive validation steps and procedures for complex test case scenarios, leveraging subject matter expertise to ensured solution delivery meet the business needs and expectations.
- Customized Global Due Diligence Questionnaire (DDQ) process to a secure Web-based solution that streamlines the collection of anti-money laundering and KYC information while ensuring proper handling of clients personally identifiable information (PII).
- Implemented a rules-driven, risk-based approach to KYC onboarding that efficiently focuses on higher risk clients and consistent with the guidance of regulators in major jurisdictions.
- Assembled new Know You're Customer (KYC) and Customer Due Diligence (CDD) processes for all clients and counterparties in accordance with Basel Committee and Banking Supervision (BCBS) requirements.
- Provided compliance subject matter expertise to key projects and initiatives related to KYC compliance, including technology and process enhancements as well as remediation efforts.
- Composed and documented ongoing relevant AML Program training, coached Financial Investigator Unit (FIU) on new onboarding processes and processes for New and existing customers using BRIDGER.
Confidential, Greater New York
Strategic Business Manager
- Analysis finance processes being done for the Confidential and implementing self-servicing initiative to re-engineer finance concierge services.
- Created and managed financial analysis, planning/forecasting and reporting for Confidential (previously non-existence).
- Analysis the ATM Network BSA compliance program to ensure that organization meets FinCen 314a policies and procedures.
- Project managed the institution of new Global ATM Pricing strategy through the company, utilizing enhanced MIS to align Transfer Pricing more precisely to actual costs per acquirer market.
- Analyzing financial trends (profitability, liquidity, etc.) of American Express publicly released financial statements in collaboration with Corporate Planning & Investor Relations in order to provide accurate and transparent explanations to the investment community regarding the Company’s operating results.
- Constructing valuation models to determine discounted equity cash flows and calculating financial ratios such as ROI & ROE to influence investment decision making.
Confidential, Greater New York
Planning Forecast, and Analysis
- Managed and prepared the Budgeting\Forecast and Long-Range Plan for a business unit with annual Charge Volume (Sales) over $400.0 billion and $2.0 billion in Revenue.
- Provide consultation to identify risks or opportunities in meeting net income target of over $850.0MM and revenue growth targets 15% year over year.
- Executive updates of quarterly performances through performance scorecards
Confidential, Greater New York
Planning, Forecasting, and Reporting
- Managed monthly results process for Corporate Service, Small Business, and Business Travel
- Responsible for the preparation of financial statements: capital adequacy income statements, balance sheet, contingent reports, Income/Cost Ratio analyses, Expense Variance analyses.
- Prepared regulatory reports to the Confidential and New York State: FFIEC035, BC, BL-1, BQ-1, BQ-2, FR2900, FR2951, FC-1, Abandoned Property Reports.