IT Management Professional
Program Project Management / Results Driven Leadership / Enterprise Architecture Accomplished IT strategist and business partner with a consistent track record of success in the assessment, alignment, deployment and management of IT resources to support business goals and maximize the IT Value Chain.
- Specialized technical and project management expertise in large-scale e-business services, enterprise infrastructure, client/server network and systems architecture.
- Operations management experience includes multi-million dollar budget management, staffing, outsourced vendor management, goal setting, workflow planning and cost containment.
- Articulate communicator who bridges the gap between high tech and business vocabularies. Strong presenter, media spokesperson and published author.
- Recruits, develops and leads top high performance teams employing a collaborative management style that fosters creative solutions and commitment of each member.
- Solutions Approach
- Strategic Analysis Planning
- Organizational Leadership
- Risk Management
- System Development Life Cycle
- Technology Systems Integration
- Change Control Management
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Process Workflow Analysis
Chief Enterprise Architect and Technology Governance Lead 2009-2011 Confidential Chicago, Illinois Leadership role in initiatives to establish CobIT IT Governance and TOGAF Enterprise Architecture. Designed and built new value based PPM Project Management Office. Established standards for full SDLC Project Management methodology and governance. Developed a PMO / Project Portfolio Management web site in SharePoint to initiate, prioritize and facilitate projects. Managed a revolving portfolio of projects including CTA Rail Bus Tracker data warehouse and APIs for Web Mobile development. Hyperion/Oracle Budget Entry, an agency wide SharePoint implementation focused on business process optimization, piloted Data Warehouse/Business Analytics initiative, and collaborated with IT leadership from transit agencies all over the United States in the establishment of a national IT standards baseline for Transit in the Transit Enterprise Architecture Planning (TEAP) set of initiatives.
Custom Solutions Delivery Sr. Program/Project Manager 2000-2008 Confidential Rosemont, Illinois Proposed and successfully managed a diverse portfolio of Wireless, Wireline Infrastructure and Enterprise Architecture consulting projects, pre- and post-sales support for Fortune 1000 clients. Delivered key business resulting in 30M annual revenue. As Program Manager, led cross-functional teams of up to 30, including project managers, network engineers (Cisco, Avaya Juniper), business analysts and outsourced vendors in dozens of successful full lifecycle infrastructure projects. Set standards for interfacing with customers and prospects in order to learn their business requirements, evaluate the value of the custom product offering, and to develop strategies to enhance the long-term relationships with clients and vendors. As Sr. Technical Architect Program Manager of Mobile Computing Services, I led virtual teams of 3 to 8 Business Analysts, GUI Designers, Java Developers and Testers in designing, developing, testing and deployment of mobile phone applications for Confidential Mobile Computing Services. Projects primarily utilized Java apps on the client device (Windows Mobile/Pocket PC, BlackBerry, Palm Symbian), SMS as transport to a variety of middleware connections and back-end database systems (iAnywhere). Hands on client requirements gathering, facilitating design and development, script editing, debugging, testing and implementation. As Consulting Practice Leader and Program Manager of Enterprise Architecture and Security Assessments. Co-founded and developed new EA consulting practice within Confidentials eSolutions Consulting Services Group. Managed project teams of 5 to 10; project deliverables included IT Process Maturity Models, E-Architecture Strategy Update, Enterprise Risk Assessment and Prioritized Threat and Remediation Plan.
E-Business Solutions Consulting Practice Manager 19972000 Confidential Rolling Meadows, Illinois Earned fast promotions as chief architect and manager of business-to-business, business-to-consumer, business-to enterprise eBusiness and Y2K projects for Fortune 1000 clients. Extensive pre-sales needs analysis and prototyping. Managed virtual and internationally outsourced teams of 5 to 12 Engineers Developers to produce fast prototyping proof of concept applications for clients on various platforms utilizing RAD/JAD tools, JSP development on a variety of platforms including Broadvision, Websphere and PeopleSoft environments. Independent Consultant Web Host Confidential, Iowa 19951997 Analyzed customer requirements, and investigated, documented, and implemented IT Infrastructure projects for large clients while concurrently marketing web hosting services.
Information Center Director 1991-1995 Confidential Dyersville, Iowa Applied strategic planning, business acumen, and technical expertise in IT management to enable toy manufacturer to grow from $100 million in sales to $500 million in 5 years. Managed $5+ million budget and a staff of 20, plus independent contractors. Worked to secure $2.5 million project funding and spearheaded design and build out of enterprise architecture and business information systems cited in PC WEEK magazine (2/6/95) that linked USA, Mexico, Canada, UK and Hong Kong operations. Upgraded mainframe, created data warehouse and networks, installed EDA/SQL middleware to open access to PC users and provided graphic decision support system for executives.
MIS Operations Manager 1987-1991 Confidential Aliso Viejo, California Responsible for all internal infrastructure and Information Systems design, procurement, staffing, implementation, support and maintenance. Designed and built CSIs first data center.
Currently Enrolled in BA Computing/Information Systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Trained
- Associate Degree in Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Curriculum
- TOGAF 9 Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Trained
- COBIT 4.1 IT Governance Foundation Training
- Professional Member of ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association)
- IT Service Management Training
- MCSE curriculum
Contributor to NEWS 3X/400 Magazine Book in progress: Documenting IT Infrastructures Several short stories in Analog Magazine
German, Greek, Spanish. Currently learning Chinese Community Development Environmental Activist
Sample Project Work
Confidential 2009 Present
- As Chief Enterprise Architect I have been collaborating with Enterprise Architecture and IT Governance Practitioners from transit agencies cities all over the United States in the establishment of a national IT standards baseline in the form of the Transit Enterprise Architecture Planning (TEAP) set of initiatives.
- PMO Leader Initiated, designed, built and implemented full SDLC/PPM framework supporting a comprehensive Value Management Methodology.
- SharePoint Initiatives Lead Initiated and lead the adoption of SharePoint as a primary system for agency wide collaboration, workflow, performance management and business intelligence
Confidential 2000 2008 Honors Awards: Confidential Nextel IC Momentum Award - Q3 2007 Schneider National WiFi Project Confidential Values Excellence Award - Q2 2002 Rockwell Automation DNS Architecture Project Confidential Values Excellence Award - Q1 2001 CGEYAP Program Manager
Confidential Program Manager multiple Voice and Data Infrastructure (Cisco Avaya) projects migrating PBX based telecom systems to an all IP voice network environment, facilitating better monitoring and management.
Confidential Program Manager Full Life-Cycle Management roll-out of WiFi HotSpots at trucking operations centers across the US enabling Driver Web access to corporate systems.
Confidential Program Manager of Frame Relay to Cisco based MPLS network migration/rollout to all work sites and ticketing agents.
Discover Financial Project Manager intercampus voice and data network upgrade from ATM to (Cisco Juniper) GigEthernet.
Confidential Program Manager Full Life-Cycle Management from engineering concept to roll-out of WiFi HotSpots at new coffee shops across the US
Confidential Program Manager Full Life-Cycle Management from engineering concept to roll-out of 2,500 WiFi HotSpots at truck stops and travel centers across the US.
Confidential Led Team of Developers and Testers in designing, developing, testing and deployment of several mobile phone applications for Confidential Mobile Computing Services
Confidential Program Manager Enterprise Architecture and Security Assessment. Project Deliverables included IT Process Maturity Models, E-Architecture Strategy, Enterprise Risk Assessment and Prioritized Threat and Remediation Plan. Including 2,500 user desktop migration from Windows 2000 to Windows XP.
Confidential, Management Consulting Company Project Manager Enterprise Security Assessment. Delivered detailed report with comprehensive 5-year security program plan and multi-million dollar budget.
Confidential Analyzed client requirements and wrote multi-million dollar proposal for comprehensive e-government focused enterprise architecture strategy development project.
Confidential Project Manager DNS re-architecture as part of Windows 2000 server migration. Led team in structuring compatible UNIX and Windows 2000 directory services and applications.
Confidential Twelve month assignment as IT Program and Project Manager for this application services provider to clients such as Confidential. Drove projects ranging over $1 million to completion within budget without missing a deadline.
New Resources 1997 - 2000
CUNA Mutual Insurance Project Lead/Art Director/Architect. Facilitated assessment phase and directed prototype design of new customer self-service website. CONSECO Finance Project Manager / Team Leader on 6 month Y2K network and system infrastructure testing project. Worked with business partners to identify worst case scenario responses and directed team of 6 in applying solid solutions. Included 1,500 User/10 site migration from Windows 95 to Windows NT. Cole-Parmer Instruments Realized greater than one million dollars per year reduction in IT budget by renegotiating IT and telecommunications vendor contracts. Projects managed Included PBX/IVR implementation and desktop migration for 400 users from Windows 3.11 to Windows 95. Independent Consultant Web Host 1995 - 1997
- Norwest Mortgage (Wells-Fargo) Project Manager for Remote Site Networks Team. Included Windows 3.11 to Windows 95 migration for 750 users/10 remote locations.
- Consolidated e-mail systems architecture for ConAgra Foods' global users.
- Architected 40 server Windows NT network for John Deere.
- WAN Re-architecture for National Credit Union Service Bureau.
The ERTL Company 1991 - 1995
- Worked to secure $2 million funding and spearheaded design and build out of enterprise architecture cited in PC WEEK magazine 2/6/95 that linked USA, Mexico, Canada, UK and Hong Kong operations.
- Upgraded data center, mainframe, created data warehouse and networks, installed EDA/SQL middleware to open access to PC users and provided graphic decision support system for executives.
Cymbolic Science International 1987 - 1991
- Designed and built the companys first data center. Moved company from PC based business systems to IBM AS/400 ERP/MRP systems
- Supported Sun Microsystems CAD Engineering department