- Certified Scrum Master and Business Analyst with 7 years of experience in eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements for business processes and information systems in E - Commerce, Insurance, Banking and Healthcare domains. Exceptional organizational, technical reporting, auditing/analysis and communication skills
- Proven problem solving, self-starter and worked individually as well as adapting rapid changes
- Experience in interacting with the clients for business and technical requirements gathering and well acquainted with Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Strong Exposure in Business Analysis, Scoping Study, Business Process Analysis and Effort estimation with good planning and organizational skills
- Solid Experience in Business Requirement Management (Elicitation, Validation, Specification, and Verification), Gap Analysis, Business Process Modeling, Process Management, Change Management, and Application Development, in diverse business domains
- Supervise technical resources on the project. Providing leadership and guidance as subject matter experts to onsite and offshore personnel
- Experience in writing Business Requirements Document (BRD), Project charter, Functional Requirements Document (FRD), Request for Proposals (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW)
- Expertise in Agile methodology (Scrum) - creating user stories, facilitating planning meetings, sprint retrospective, backlog grooming, sprint reviews and maintaining the product backlog
- Expert knowledge in generating - Use Case Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Data Flow Diagrams, Class Diagrams and State Chart Diagrams
- Facilitated requirements gathering through research, formal-informal sessions, JAD sessions with SMEs and end users, Gap analysis, data analysis business process improvement, and systems integration
- Experience on full life cycle business intelligence project management, understanding of all aspects of end-to-end life cycle design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of business applications
- Strong knowledge about Pharmaceutical/Medical device regulations like FDA: 21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and 21 CFR Part 820 and involved in implementation of CFR Part 11 rules (Electronic Records, Electronic Signatures, Audit Trails and Security events).
- Possess thorough knowledge in designing Prototypes, Mock-up screens, and Wireframes using MS Visio during developing Graphical User Interface based application
- Good in understanding Agile planning, Waterfall, Spiral and V-Model methodologies
Methodologies: RUP, UML, Spiral, V-Model, Waterfall, Agile
Change Management: Rational Clear Quest, Jira, SM7, ServiceNow
Business Analysis: GAP, SWOT & Risk Analysis, ROI, Cost-Benefit & Impact Analysis
Business Modeling Tools: Rally, JIRA, Confluence, Rational Rose, Microsoft Visio.
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, Rally, ALM
Databases: Oracle, IBM DB2, SQL Server, OBIEE/OBIA
Agile Methodologies: XP, Lean, Scrum, Kanban, SAFe 4.X, and DSDM
Data warehouse tools: BI/DWH, ETL, Informatica Power Centre
Validations: FDA’s regulations - CFR 21 Part 11, cGMP
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Facilitate Release planning, Agile estimation (story points), Sprint planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint review and Retrospective meetings to track progress, eliminate impediments and setting goals
- Working closely with the teams through agile events coaching on performing the activities, playing the roles and generating artifacts based on SAFe and Agile best practices
- Successfully migrated projects from Waterfall to Agile and ensure team adopt agile way of working
- Trained teams in Agile, SAFe, Kanban, Confluence, and JIRA tool implementation
- Attended PI planning workshops to discuss the epics and features and facilitated system demo, inspect and adapt workshops for future PIs and Release Management meetings.
- Helped the POs to write and split User stories, breakdown Epics.
- Used JIRA to maintain product backlog and sprint backlog and to create and track user stories, Sprint planning, tracking and managing sprints, created Scrum and Kanban boards, status reports and burn down charts, Velocity reports
- Confluence was used to maintain project documents such as project plans, project scope, architecture documents, test plans, status reports, sprint retrospectives, Bi weekly sprint Review decks and demos
- Organized and Facilitated Scrum of Scrum meetings twice weekly to tracks dependencies and blockers across domain teams and resolve them.
- Tracked team progress by creating sprint burndown charts and Release burndown charts
- Worked on SAFe framework with other scrum teams on the ART, worked with Release Train Engineer, System Architects and system Team for Infrastructure requirements and to support integration testing
- Managed various Stage and Production Release deployments of the teams
- Helped QA team to prepare Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Report and Requirement Traceability Matrix
- Maintained a change request log, conducted impact analysis when a request for change (RFC) was raised, escalated the results to Change Control Board (CCB) and updated documents on to SharePoint.
- Identifying and assessing the risk, mitigating the risk, handling exceptions & problems
- Eliminated dependencies of the team and enforced scrum and agile principles across the team, implemented processes so that team can be high performing
- Helped the team in estimating story points and deciding the sprint backlog for every sprint
- Managed financials, budgets, invoicing and forecasting in terms of resources and costs for financial year
- Defined the resources required for completion of a project and allocated resources accordingly
- Ensured that projects were correctly prioritized and resourced as well as met strategic demands
- Managed financials, budgets, invoicing and forecasting in terms of resources and costs for financial year.
- Ensured timely availability of dependent deliverables, timely review, approval and sign-off the deliverables
- Engaging with other Scrum Masters to increase the effectiveness of the of Scrum framework in the organization
- Responsible for ownership and management of project budget and preparation of the backlog for planning
- Identified, log and follow up on risks and issue mitigation
Environment: MS Office, JIRA, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Salesforce.com (SFDC), .Net, SoapUI, TeamSite (CMS), Web Services, Doors, and MS Project
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for the role of Project Manager and Scrum master for the Scrum teams in the project
- Lead Sprint planning, Sprint Reviews and Scrum of Scrums (SoS) for all the teams in the domain
- Coached the teams to be self-organizing and ensured the adherence of all the Scrum concepts and processes
- Ensured project's adherence to Enterprise Agile Life cycle
- Developed automated metrics for Agile/Scrum for Executive Leadership team
- Supported projects by implementing Agile Life Cycle Management Tool - “Rally” to manage backlog and helped to generate and analyze business metrics to be reported
- Agile Coaching - Release & Iteration Planning and Tracking. Conducted on scrum, facilitated the daily standup, sprint review and sprint retrospective meeting.
- Implement Scaled Agile principles (SAFe) for integration projects with dependencies.
- Elicited requirements with business owner and converted business requirement into Use Cases.
- Conducted JAD sessions, interviews, and surveys to collect the requirements
- Scrum Master for developing a web-based application to enable internal and external clients to configure, input, process, and generate tax forms from one central place.
- Scrum Master for Organization Chart team, to generate charts depicting the organization structure of clients, showing the relationship among Partnerships, Partners, Investments, and Investors at National and International level.
- In addition to typical Scrum ceremonies, responsible for: Roadmap planning, Release planning, Product Backlog Refinement, Team Building and Resource planning.
- Removed impediments towards the delivery of work.
- Executed and monitored the planned work.
- Kept Product Owners and the Stakeholders updated on status of the project.
- Look out for improvement opportunities to increase team velocity.
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control of the work undertaken.
- Delivery of new features as agreed upon during Sprint Planning.
- Understanding Business needs and converting them in to scalable/technical requirements.
- Keeping the team together all the time to ensure successful sprints.
- Drew strategy of Release plans for product backlogs, created sprint back logs per the release cycles and estimated hours of work for user stories, reviewed the Burn down chart to target the delivery dates for each sprint, and facilitated daily stand up meetings.
- Served as Agile Coach, Scrum Trainer and initially as Scrum Master to facilitate organizational transformation and the adoption of Agile principles that improved software quality, productivity and predictability of release schedules; contributed to the successful release.
- Developed Epics and themes for the project.
- Maintained process documentation and ensured the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility.
- Assisted Product Owner as needed with backlog maintenance, internal and external communication, improving transparency, and disseminating information
Environment: SCRUM - Agile methodologies, Waterfall, User Experience Design (UXD), Personas, MS Office (Excel, Visio, Project), TeamCenter PLM, HP Quality Center,Ms Projects & Visio
Confidential, Bothell, WA
Business Analyst / Scrum Master
- Managed dependencies between other scrum teams (Scrum of Scrums), third parties, and other non-agile waterfall teams
- Introduced and encouraged team to explore healthy Agile development practices, focused on quality and technical excellence, predictable delivery, automation, and continuous delivery
- Substituted as Release Train Engineer for five months
- Prepared and facilitated Big Room & Release planning with Lean | Agile Teams
- Facilitated continuous improvement and the development of a learning culture with Lean | Agile teams
- Taught and trained new team members on Lean |Agile mindset and frameworks, practices, and process
- Mentored the Lean | Agile Team on agile values, principles, and practices
- Assisted in dependency management and cross team coordination
- Taught and encouraged a balanced backlog that delivers valuable features for customers, reduced technical debt, provided business value, and enabled product sustainability
- Promoted Xtreme Programming practices like test driven development, pair programming, and automation testing
- Organized and facilitated the sprint planning meeting and facilitated sprint planning, retrospectives, and sprint reviews
- Coached the Scrum team on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition
- Identified potential problems, risks and issues and demonstrate course correction response utilizing Agile principles and practices
- Partner closely with project / program leadership and teams, scrum master and technical resources
- Ensured the correct data and tools are in place for transparency into the backlog and for exposing velocity for forecasting delivery
- Ensured work gets done reliably and with the appropriate priority and ensured features and deliverables are clearly understood
- Developed templates for documentation, Test strategy, Test schedules, Task assignments, Status reporting
- Ensured that project reporting, such as burndowns and status updates, add value and are consumed
- Experienced in preparing project plan, WBS, resource plan and activity duration estimation, product backlog and iteration backlog. Exposure to Microsoft Project Plan tool
- Helped strengthen healthy team dynamics and cross functional collaboration
- Worked as a data analyst for the Global Business Services team - Responsible for ETL of data from different ERP sources by creating SSIS packages, reporting and data consolidation.
- Involved in gathering requirements and collaborated on creation of documents such as the project charter, project scope, project vision, Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Analyzed and documented the system specifications, Business Requirements and detail design of the software for full understanding of the business.
- Regularly partner with business functions (e.g. Accounting, Business Operations, Sales and Marketing, Product, and others) to analyze and report on the financial impact of decisions across the company
- Responsible for collecting, understanding, and transmitting the business requirements for the project into functional specifications.
- Made extensive use of Unified Modeling Language (UML) to create use case diagrams, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams and collaboration diagrams.
- Configured and maintained of Facets and other application software products, such as Claim check, Facets
- Worked with other business analysts to design and document needs assessment, workflow, data maps, business requirements, business rules, policies and procedures.
- Participated in Validation, Verification and Acceptance testing with customers in UAT environment.
- Interacted with the developers to resolve the technical and implementing issues.
- Worked with the technical team to gather and analyzed data.
- Aided the development team during the development phase.
- Incorporated the best practice methodologies as advocated by the rational unified process (RUP).
- Assisted technical team to develop Test Plan.
- Worked with testers in testing individual test modules of the application.
Environment: SQL Server, MS Office Suite, RUP, HP Quality Center, Quick Test Pro, MS Visio.