- Release Manager with over6 yearsof IT experience with outstanding project planning, execution, monitoring and resource balancing skills with ability to support multiple simultaneous projects in a matrix organizational structure.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to multi - task and prioritize; strong attention to detail; ability to work and drive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong attention to detail, strong sense of ownership and strong commitment to teamwork.
- Be a driving force for constantly improving performance, scalability, extensibility, reliability, availability, and usability of the release process
- Good attention to detail, strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to stay current in technologies/best practices and ability to apply that knowledge to day to day activities.
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access.
- Strong organization and planning skills with an attention to details.
- Strong ability to collaborate on implementation of creative solutions and quantify delivery results.
- Attention to technical details with solid understanding of various technologies.
- Abilities to manage a project through its complete lifecycle viz. Initiation, Planning and Design, Execution, monitoring and controlling through Closing.
- Strengths include big picture focus while developing strategic business solutions which can include: Mission Statements, Value Propositions, Critical Success Factors, Statements of Work (SOWs).
- Knowledgeable of complete software development life cycle (SDLC) and well versed with the Software Engineering and Project Management methodologies like traditionalWaterfall, Iterative, JADandAgile methodologies.
CI & CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery) Tools: - Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Artifactory repository (Jfrog), SonarQube, Ansible etc…
Operating Systems: HP-UNIX, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/Vista
Platforms: Mainframe, Web, Client-Server
Requirements Management: Rational Requisite Pro
Release/Change/Configuration Mgmt: HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, BMC Remedy, CA Clarity
Configuration Management: Service Center, Maximo, Service now
Source control tools: - SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, GIT, BitBucket, TFS
Monitoring tools: - ITRS, SiteScope, Greylog, Logstash, Gelf
Change tracking tools: - FishEye, Crucible, QC, ClearQuest, Jira
Application Server tools: - Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Hadoop, .Net
Atlassian tool stack: - Jira, HipChat, Confluence etc..
- Coordinated with management to develop project release plan.
- Managed release schedules effectively to avoid any delays.
- Developed release management procedures to improve delivery efficiency.
- Analyzed change requests and identified potential impacts on projects.
- Monitored project status regularly and reported to management.
- Developed release script and managed release roll-out process.
- Administered software development projects and assisted in scrum meetings.
- Maintained development environments and developed IT release schedules.
- Implemented SCM activities and executed change management processes.
- Formulated exit criteria and designed release playbooks.
- Participated in playbook reviews and maintained product implementation plans.
- Work with Customer to plan and schedule tactical business and technology events, such as software patching, maintenance, or Minor Releases that impact the Managed Cloud Services, in a manner calculated to minimize disruption to Customer's business.
- For documentation Confluence was used.
- Created implementation bridges and managed release status communications.
- Generated reports of testing, configuration and production.
- Suggested enhancements for software engineering procedures.
- Created and updated release calender and release view periodically working collaboratively with Business, MO, App Dev, Environment, infrastructure, and QA and PMO for planning, Deployment and Roll-out.
- Build and control different environments like test, integration, QA, Stress and Staging environments for different releases.
- Conduct and drive weekly governance call to conduct release and readiness and GO/NO GO decision for each phase.
- Confirm release levels and configuration to be deployed in QA environments as part of RFE.
- Create the release repository and manage key information, such as build and release procedures, dependencies and notification lists.
- Create deployment plan and drive the pre deployment and post deployment meeting facilitate production deployment of the changes and conduct post implementation review facilitate in implementing continuous integration and continuous delivery(CICD) in Devops.
- Monitor compliance to existing change management process; ensure correct approval process is followed for both regular and emergency changes,follow up non-compliant changes made outside the change management process.
- Submit change proposal and participate in CAB meetings and get approval for changes for each release.
- Prepare weekly status reports and overall release metrics to all the stake holders.
- Managed risks and dependencies throughout the project release.
- Conducted meeting with clients to perform release reviews.
- Recommended improvements to configuration, release and change management processes.
- Coordinated with architecture, development and testing teams to create release specifications.
- Reported project progress and any obstacles to clients.
- Assisted in delivery of test and production environments.
- Prepared and executed software quality plans and software designs.
- Managed requirements traceability matrixes and formulated software requirements specifications.
- Evaluate all requests proposing change to established and supported platforms, identifying, analysing and documenting potential risks or issues. Liaise with business and 3rd party vendors to capture, analyse and document requested changes against these platforms including the actions that will be taken to mitigate the risks identified.
- Conducted failure analysis and system risk assessments.
- Participated in inspection of software code and relevant summarized forms.
- Created build scripts for testing deployment purposes.
- Designed validation master plans and conducted black box testing.
- Assisted in defect tracking and implemented design modifications.
- Formulated work instructions and updated field service manuals.