Over twelve years of diversified experience in all aspects of business, commercial, and financial applications in both public and private sectors as an IT Director, Manager, Project Manager, Project Leader, and Programmer/Analyst. Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, focusing in problem solving and decision making. Working knowledge and close working relationships of Human Resources, Accounts Payable, Finance and Information Technology. Effective communication at various customer levels which contributes to the success of systems design and implementation.
- Healthcare Payroll Manager experience
- Multiple years as a Payroll Manager
- Managed PeopleSoft/Workday HRIS/HCM implementation
- Managed and supported PeopleSoft HCM and Campus Solutions
- Responsible for multi million gross payroll over 50 mils.
- Created and refined Business Processes and Procedures within Payroll department
- Experience managing, leading and testing on a Data Center Migration Projects
- Experience managing testing within Waterfall, RUP, and/or Agile Scrum SDLC methodologies
- Managed an outsourced QA team involved in all aspects of testing
- Developed test approaches / strategies for large scale enterprise projects
- Hands-on experience with manual testing
- Experience testing various integration methods Web services, batch
- Experience identifying and analyzing quality risks
- Experience determining testing scope using risk-based testing approach
- Experience preparing, managing time estimates and fixed bid deliverables SOW
- Experience assessing risk to schedule, cost, or quality on project and testing engagement
- Maintain SharePoint with up to date HR/Payroll file versions and security access.
- Lead a team of 7 associates using onshore-offshore model.
- Oversee the Payroll Tax Updates and Year End processing.
- Provide Fit/Gap analysis for HR/Payroll and ELM upgrade to 9.2
- Provide Functional Specification and Functional Requirements Documents FSD and FRD
- Provide ongoing production support for PeopleSoft HR, Payroll and T L modules.
- Develop, update, and execute test plan and approach for applications being migrated Coordinate with Project Manager and various application teams on migration testing efforts Review test artifacts to ensure quality and coverage Consolidate all test artifacts from various application teams for final project approval Adhere to QA the CoE and PMO processes Provide QA governance oversight on project
Tools and System Environment: PS 9.2 HCM Suites HR, NA/GP Payroll, T L, Expense, Ben Admin, MSS/ESS and Portal, AIX UNIX DB2 with Oracle database, Oracle Releases and Bundles, HP Testing Tools - Application Lifecycle Manager ALM , Quality Center QC 11.52, Unified Functional Test UFT 11.52 , Performance Center 11.52
- Provide a Fit/Gap analysis for the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: Core HR, Absence Management, Risk Management, ePerformance, North American and Global Payroll, Expense, Time and Labor, Security, ESS/MSS, Recruiting Talent Acquisition Manager/Candidate Gateway , Enterprise Learning Management Taleo, SuccessFactor
- Lead the PeopleSoft TAM/Candidate Gateway implementation, Lead design workshops to turn gaps into functional specifications for customization to be specified in the technical design document and done by the technical developers, Work with the technical team in estimating effort to build and streamlined best practice decisions, Lead the functional business analysts during the testing script development and execution, Manage the development testing effort unit testing to ensure clean development before system integration and user testing start, Prepare business decision documentation and process maps to assist the client in streamlining their current recruitment practices, Work for external vendors for smooth integration with PeopleSoft Talent Tech , Configure TAM/Candidate Gateway to client's specifications, Post go live support as required.
- Configure ELM environment and catalog.
- Provide a software evaluation and recommendation with a Fit/Gap analysis with Functional Spec Doc for Taleo Performance Management and follow up with a full life cycle implementation.
- Work along the side with client's payroll manager to manage daily operations of 2000 multi-state and Canadian payroll 16 million annual payroll .
- Creating procedures and streamlining processes for all documentation to process payroll with step by step written work and screen shots, process to review pre-processing data and changes only on screen vs. on paper.
- Work with users to define ETL data requirements for UCLA Medical Staff's data mapping for the conversion, data modeling, and create test tables modifications.
- Provide implementation expertise as an adjunct member to the project team.
- Support the Director behind the scenes giving her advice about Payroll's input into parallel and UAT and how to work with the vendors ADP, Ceridian in setting up a test system.
- Provide production support to Payroll Biweekly Processing, Year End W2/W2c Processing, Tax Updates/ Bundles and Human Resources users 415k, 401k and 403K configurations .
- Oversee the T L implementation of the Hourly Non-Exempt workers.
- Apply required regulatory application code updates including changes to payroll calculation routines coming out of the Federal, State, and Local Tax Code changes. Apply PS patch releases, tax bundles and updates. Provide biweekly support to payroll production process.
- Work with Children's Hospital's Subject Matter Experts to develop customized T L rules and North American payroll for Non-Exempt employees.
- Implement and expand Time and Labor scheduling and role delegation functionality.
Tools and System Environment: PS 9.2 HCM Suites HR, NA/GP Payroll, T L, Expense, Ben Admin and Portal, AIX UNIX DB2 with Oracle database, Oracle Releases and Bundles, IBM's Rational Portfolio Manager Tools HEAT Call Logging Application by FrontRange Solutions, PeopleSoft AMS Call Flow Call Ticketing , Informatica ETL Data Conversion Tools, MS Project, MS Access, MicroFocus COBOL, Cognos Data Visualization, PS AppEngine, AppDesigner, PeopleTools 8.49.27 and 8.5, PeopleCode, PS Query, Import Manager, SQL, SQR, SQL , SQL Developer, Golden32, Process Scheduler, ExceltoCI Command Interpreter.
- Provide a Fit/Gap analysis for the following PeopleSoft HCM modules: HR, Payroll, Time and Labor, EPM, Talent Acquisition Management/Candidate Gateway, ePerformance, Enterprise Learning Management Taleo, SuccessFactor , Succession Planning and third party hospital software vendors such as HCL Healthstream Learning Center , CME Continuing Medical Education Web Tracker, Lectora for SCORM and AICC compliance, HCS Health Care Source formerly MedeArc for physician recruiting.
- Assist new client with pressing system issues due to a failed Recruitment System Implementation, Train new Business Analyst responsible for PeopleSoft TAM/CG going forward, Provide expert advice on configuration and best practices, Assist with Online Offers and Letter Generation, Provide expertise during meeting with technical team, Provide training on all configuration for TAM/CG, Provide best practice guidance on recruitment templates and other template configuration, Provided training documentation for Recruiting Administrator to ensure success moving forward.
- Participate in a full life cycle implementation of Taleo Performance Management.
- Interviewed and work with users to define functional and technical requirements for data mapping, data modeling for the conversion and test tables modifications using Informatica Conversion Tools.
- Evaluate and provide a Fit/Gap assessment for Healthcare Payers module to define a health system strategy for challenges such as Quality, Access and Cost for one of my clients.
- Oversee the T L 9.2 implementation planning, fit gap analysis, application configuration, quality assurance testing creating thorough test scripts and test case scenarios .
- Work with Scott and White's Subject Matter Experts to develop custom T L rules and NA payroll.
- Mentor by provide payroll expertise and payroll best practices to the accounting manager. Assist with the implementation of a pay card program. Oversee the payroll implementation to Oracle. Coordinate the outsourcing of Garnishments to a TPA.
- Implement and expand Time and Labor scheduling and role delegation functionality.
- Apply required regulatory application code updates including changes to payroll calculation routines coming out of the Federal, State, and Local Tax Code changes.
- Audited Multi-State rules evaluated client's current set up details for accuracy. Active participant in weekly meetings with vendor ensuring project on track to go live. Coordinate and assist in creating training for field managers and payroll staff. Compile and tailor of vendor provided enrollment information and forms. Active participant in frequent meetings with Oracle consultant to assist with the design of payroll screens. Active participant in Payroll, HR, IT and consultant project meetings.
- Evaluate and implement Workday in a test instant for recommendation for an HCM Cloud solution.