- Clear methodic thinker with the ability to complete difficult tasks with little or no direction
- Ability to manage complex projects involving global cross-functional teams and departments
- Able to challenge and coach all levels of the organization and to take action and make improvements
- Cross-functional team leadership - Work successfully across internal departments, leadership teams and supplier organizations
- Building strong lasting relationships with coworkers, employers and supplier organizations
- Experienced in international travel and working with multiple cultures
- Proven results meeting project schedule, within budget and resources defined
- Act as both project manager to coordinate local team activities and program manager to direct global needs to maintain project continuity and meet milestone requirements
- Report project status and risks at all levels of leadership, including Presidents and Vice-Presidents
- Work with local and global cross-function teams to define, execute and maintain project schedules, risks, recovery plans and deliverables
- Traveled extensively throughout Europe, China, Japan and North America
Supplier Development Manager
- Act as lead auditor and follow up project manager to complete supplier quality audits
- Coach supplier top management and all levels to meet expectations
- Approve supplier PPAP's including verification of PPAP while on-site for run off
- Project manager of resourcing projects for quality and cost improvements and special project needs
- Training for suppliers in PPAP, Corrective Actions, LEAN and company standards
- Facilitate and insure completion of activities identified during DFM PMR sessions
- Traveled extensively throughout Europe, China and North America
- Manage commodity team personnel to organize and execute commodity strategy
- Organize, execute and review large dollar RFQ's to determine source decisions for various product and facilities.
- Create risk assessment of the supply base to identify need for improvement and additional competitive suppliers.
- Work with Global Commodity Manager to develop and execute commodity strategy
- Manage personnel to follow up and expedite supplier material to meet the manufacturing schedule
- Execute on-site supplier visits regarding the progress of material to be delivered.
- Manage and execute developmental opportunities with the supply base in conjunction with internal departments to reduce rework to the entire value stream.
- Develop strategic plans for the Purchasing Department related to global commodity structure, personnel, processes, roles, responsibilities and sourcing decisions.
- Increase of supply base on time delivery of 17 percentage points over 18 months.
- Facilitation of the Purchasing Strategy Team in the development of new business opportunities and new business processes.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams to improve and develop Corporate Logistic Organization and Corporate Non-Conformance Resolutions system.
- Develop the business model and strategic plans of the Purchasing Department Supply Chain Management and Development
- Establish the Purchasing Platform Coordinator process, roles and responsibilities
- Project leader in design and implementation of improved Controls Enclosure Purchasing
- Co-facilitator of cross-functional team to improve the Ford Platform Estimating Department
- Coordination of functional specifications, technical specifications and implementation of an electronic release system to eliminate the need to transport paper prints from multiple facilities
- Manage multiple project teams related to Purchase Order Creation, Invoice Matching, Point-of-Use material coordination and Warehouse Replenishments
- Facilitation of Kaizen events resulting in improvements to support material delivery
Project Leader IT Department
- Project Leader of full BaaN ERP implementation during Comau North America and Progressive Tool merger
- Design and implementation of interface to Hours Accounting and Payroll system for all employees
- Re-Design and implementation of Engineering Change Tracking System
- Integration of Controls Design Department with BaaN ERP system
- Continuous improvement of employee BaaN interface processes for all departments including Engineering, Purchasing, Shipping Receiving Inventory Control and Manufacturing