- More than 15 years of proficiency in managing Application Lifecycle Management ALM and Project Portfolio Management PPM exhibited in various FORTUNE 100 companies like Intel Corporation, Verizon, Morgan Stanley, Pfizer, PGA Golf, Citibank and government agency as a Senior Project Manager, SCRUM Master, Ambassador, Project Leader, Team Leader, Software architect and Developer, successfully completed projects and products includes Enterprise systems.
- Have been active member of Project Management Institute PMI .
- Has a high command in Project Management, Program Management, Infrastructure and Acquisitions, Software Development, Portals and Content Management, Strategic Planning, Budgeting, Cost and Estimating, Testing and Implementation, all at the corporate IT level.
- I always believe in 1. Individuals and interactions over processes and tools 2. Working software over comprehensive documentation 3. Customer collaboration over contract negotiation 4. Responding to change over following a plan 5. Keep It Simple and Straight
- Proven technical connoisseur with unique blend of technical depth, management acumen and business operations knowledge.
- Highly accomplished, results-oriented project, people and technology management professional with extensive program and project leadership experience. Adept at utilizing onshore and offshore resources, directing complete project life cycles, and ensuring compliance with Agile and other development methodologies.
- Excellent motivational, leadership, problem-solving, capable of working independently, interpersonal and negotiation skills. Conversant in latest technologies and industry happenings. Accredited for excellent communicational skills. Specialized in leading cross functional team. Will be able to work and manage multiple projects simultaneously in different platforms.
- Neophile to learn and implement new technologies and innovative ideas. Liaise with stake holders and project teams.
- I am a GREEN CARD HOLDER for visa free travel and work in USA.
- Awarded the Outstanding Project Manager award by Intel corporation, Folsom, California, as Project Champion from Verizon Inc. and for DESIGN REUSABILITY at PGA Golf.
- ecommerce Account Relationship Management Strategic Planning Estimation Web Analytics Contract Negotiations Budgeting Proposal Development Risk Management Software Management Outsourcing Consulting Technology Evaluation Workforce Planning Agile Methodology Web 2.0 Cost Control Quality Assurance ArcGis Server GeoTools Edulog Pricing Margin Analysis Software as a Service SaaS Data encryption and safety Mobile and handheld applications N-Tier Arch Sequence diagram Agile Scrum Kanban Waterfall Gap Analysis
- Microsoft Project, Share point portal, MS Office, Visio, ASP.NET 4.5/4/3.5/2/1.0, C 4, VB.NET 4, VB , ADO.NET 4, MVC 4, WCF, WPF, Entity Framework 4, Web Services, Linq ,SQL Server 2012 / 2008 R2 / 2005, ASP, Visual Studio Ultimate 2012/ 2010/ 2005 , Microsoft Project 2010, Share point portal, MS Office 2010 / 2007/2003, Visio, Umbraco 6, C, C , Java / J2EE, HTML 5, CSS, DHTML, XML, PL/SQL, Oracle 10g, UML, Clear case, SSIS Packages, SQL cube, Master Data Services, Java Script, JQuery, Infragistics , Telerik, TFS, Kendo UI, Windows Mobile, SQL Server Reporting Services, Biz Talk server, VSS, Jira, SiteCore
- Proven Leadership and Mentoring Skills experienced in the creation and management of multi-disciplined and diverse teams, excellent interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills. Strong understanding of project delivery framework and SDLC. Particularly effective directing the evolution of technical and non-technical solutions from concept through implementation managing the needs of the customer, the team and the project.
- Proficient in strategic planning and risk assessment and remediation, gap analysis, data mapping and business process modeling.
- Included Happiness of the team as a parameter in tracking the progress of project, which helped to boost the team spirit. Created Celebration board and project stars which increased the responsibility. Recognized for consistently completing projects ahead of schedule under budget.
- Successfully established and managed software development team of 50 members for serving 1.1 million New York City school students with annual budget of 20M dollars.
- Designed and deployed interactive Voice Response system in record 10 weeks time from development to deployment, which helped organization to save more than > 2M and also the parents were able to get the transportation information 24X 7.
- Designed, architected and deployed the first Kiosk based golf reservation system for PGA Golf, which later led to deployment of 200 kiosk terminals all over the continent of North America.
- Strong command on Scope, Dependency, Risk, Issue and Stake holder management.
- Lead and facilitate meetings and presentations with project stake holders from all level.
- Manage the entire Project Management Life Cycle for new projects as well as transition to the Project Manager from existing projects that are currently in flight.
- Dramatically improved development capabilities and performance by implementing Agile project methodology, and using onsite/offshore model, which increased profitability of the organization.
- Chaired Strategy Review Board, Project Steering Committee and spear headed the Architecture Review council to accomplish 99.99 systems availability.
- Implemented Agile methodology, increased the efficiency from 1200 to 1500 lines of code per month, and Quality improved from 6.5 defects to 2.6 defects per 1000 lines of code.
- Reduced planning and estimation time by 65 and achieved 98 accuracy for new pursuit estimations by developing company's Project Planning Estimation handbook and templates.
- Introduced and implemented online project request, requirement, tracking portal where clients can view their respective projects, also designed the dashboard for Directors view.
- Introduced the 3DES encryption for data transfer between Intel and United e-way, the same encryption concept was later followed in all secure enable projects in Intel Corporation.
HIGHLIGHTS OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
senior project manager / Scrum master / Ambassador
Oversee and manage large 50M budget IT division of New York state department agency which being the largest school transportation department in USA. Instrumental in setting up and managing a team of 50 team members for development and maintaining the applications. Right now nearly 180 live applications are developed and supported by my team.
- Managed projects simultaneously of multiple platform from the legendary Fox pro to cutting edge MVC applications. Managed overall operations for executing projects involving scoping, initiating, high level design architecture, resource mobilization, execution.
- Maintain Scrum backlogs and release burn down chart, which is very helpful to track and forecasting and also determine future Velocity adjustments to be made. Manage the release plan, convene the scrum review and retrospective meetings to learn and adapt to organization continuously. Responsible for maintaining team task board updated, made sure updated twice a day so that most current information is available. Always gave priority to remove the impediments which blocks to achieve the sprint commitments. Always considered the risk of technical debt while design, which gives way for future development.
- Involved in backlog refinement grooming, epics, and user stories sessions also responsible for approving the story points. Followed the principle scrum speeds up action and feedback cycle, maintaining minimal or zero gap between what is expected and what is done. Always worked on creating a learning organization so that both the team at the same time the organization benefits which creates a Win-Win situation. Always followed the principles Keep It Simple and Straight which helped me in many ways to manage he project efficiently and cohesively.
- Always made sure the Definition of Done DOD is well understood by every on in the team. Followed Test Driven Development TDD to include full automated test coverage and refactoring to be included in DOD of each product backlog.
- Devised methodologies so that all the test roll up into continuous integration. Always considered continuous design and refactoring as a best option for development, as long as it doesn't affect the external behavior. Always maintained balance between automated and functional testing. Defining project tasks, monitoring / tracking projects with respect to demand forecasts, time over-runs for ensuring timely execution. Looking after project planning, scoping, estimation, schedule and tracking. Responsible for monitoring the health and metrics of various projects. Developed business case justification and cost/benefit analysis.
- Subject matter expert and technical advisor in code development on the platform including creation of best practice examples , technical and practical review of requirements and assistance in conversion of requirements into functional development, Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. Responsible for improving performance and functionality.
- We had 4 departments to be managed which fall under city agency, and I was responsible for planning, executing and maintain all the applications. Provision has been made so that common applications are being shared between them. Scalability was a big factor in designing. The site now has an average hit of 2.5M viewers per month.
- Managed all forecasting and team utilization, project cost and project estimations. Reduced the turnaround time involved in processing a student enrollment transaction to 6hrs from 48 hrs by devising the various levels of approval process with Share point custom work flow process. Recruited and trained 50 engineers. Used Lighthouse app to track bug and issues, tracking timelines and milestones. The system is integrated to Microsoft outlook to update tickets. Used the advanced reporting feature, work flow mapping.
- Created and managed phase documentation, Status Reports, Statement of Work SOWs , Work Breakdown Structure WBS ,Project Plans, Customer Satisfaction Surveys, Master Service Agreements and SLA's
- Managed budgets, timeline and internal and external resources. Additionally supported business development space by managing development and delivery of new technologies and technical staff training. Overseen account management group. Worked closely with other business units to provide end-to-end services to clients.
- Environment : Microsoft Project 2010, JIRA, Light house, ASP.Net 4.5/4/3.5/2/1.0, VB.Net 4, C 4, ADO.NET 4, MVC 4, WCF, Entity Frame work 4,Telerik Controls, Kendo UI, HTML5, CSS, Java script, JQuery, Log4net, Visual source safe, Team Foundation, Sitecore, Sqlserver 2005 /2008 R2 /2012
The application is developed to integrate Intel site with United Way Corporation. I was fully responsible for designing, planning and managing the development, and delivering the project on time. The project was under direct funding of CEO of Intel Mr. Paul Otellini. The project is developed to facilitate the employees to pledge online easily and securely.
- Responsibility was to manage, prepare and produce project management reports, timelines, budgets, documentation and create and manage project financials including budgeting, forecasting, actual tracking and calculating earned value metrics EVM .
- Was heading the Architecture Review council which meets every 15 days in order to check about project schedule and discuss about any Technical difficulties.
- Developed and implemented managed processes relative to Release Management, Infrastructure, Application Development, Data Base Management and Architectural Engineering.
- Maintained the integrity of the production environment through Implementation Planning, Strategy Sessions and Orchestration Planning Development with Release Management, System Engineers, Application Architects, DBAs, Quality Assurance Specialist and other impacted areas
- Manage timelines, resources and deliverables for rental billing's software development initiatives. Lead planning development of all project deliverables produced by multiple groups within the program for sponsorship collaboration of requirements. Monitored progress, planned accordingly to project performance. Managed the budget and work plan and all project management procedures scope management, issues management, risk management, metrics collection reporting
- Was responsible for tracking the overall performance of project and also maintained 5 critical project metrics. Responsible for manage and motivate the team. Lead in check, measure, monitor, review project progress. Responsible for Project transition plan.