Have 20 years of Program Project management experience in managing global multi-location IT application projects. Handled end-to-end SDLC of web based projects, Oracle apps, mainframe, ERP in Sybase and Power builder, coolgen and other client server application. Have extensive experience in Agile SCRUM Methodology, Waterfall and SDLC Project Management Methodologies.
- Certified Scrum Master, PMP, And Six Sigma Black Belt and served as Scrum Master for 8 years in addition to project management. Evolve / clone appropriate agile model and conduct daily stand-up, sprint meeting, backlog grooming and mentoring team in Scrum and prioritizing requirements backlog and manage program interdependencies. Served as Single point of contact for internal and external vendors.
- Strong track record in end-to-end delivery of program / projects within budget and schedule by proactively managing critical path and program dependencies. Provided Technical leadership for major client server applications.
- Handled Risk management, portfolio management and change management for major assignments. Handled both internal and external clients in all my assignments and worked with cross-functional teams.
- Directly managed culturally diverse team of size 15 to 45 members. Served as mentor and have extensive experience in grooming Project managers and technical teams.
- Successfully delivered strategic programs of size 4M to 27M for major industry sectors Retail Target, GAP, JCPenney, Batliboi , Banking SCB- Singapore, Jyske Bank - Denmark, CITI Bank -Dallas, American Express - US, Experian- UK , Telecomm Motorola .
- Implemented Six Sigma Black Belt project, Operation readiness review model for American Express. Defined and implemented IT Program Governance model for Cadbury Schweppes, Motorola and Idearc engagements. Developed/implemented process improvement plans for American Express, Motorola, Idearc, Jyske Bank engagements.
- Have 12 years of domain experience in Banking Financial sector and handled large programs for Standard Chartered Bank- Singapore, Jyske Bank Denmark, CITI Bank Dallas, American Express Phoenix, Experian UK. Have 5 years of Telecom Motorola and 5 years in Retail Target, Gap and JcPenney
- Contributed to Professional Institutions Participated in PMBOK Version 3 Role delineation conference sponsored by PMI - Hong Kong, 2004 SEPG Conference Seattle 2000 Item Writing conference sponsored by PMI, Dallas 2009.
- Business process modeling and functional analysis: Wide experience in business analysis, requirements gathering and translation of requirements to functional and design artifacts. Derived business work flow, process model and data flow model for large scale programs Viz. Central Stock System - Target USA , SCOPE program - CITI bank USA , Single Customer Identifier project - SCB Singapore , Credit application - Jsyke Bank Denmark , ERP/Oracle applications - Batliboi/Ashok Leyland.
- Database and Architecture Design: Expertise in designing relational data base and have wide hands on experience in SQL, DB2 and Oracle. Key engagements include database design and architecture formulation activities for Target USA , SCB Singapore , Jyske Bank Silkeborg Denmark , and Batliboi India and Oracle applications for Ashok Leyland.
- Due Diligence Proposal activities / Transition: Worked on multiple proposals and involved in analysis, requirements study, estimation, due-diligence activities and deriving a methodology. Experience in effective transition of multiple applications in various technologies. The key engagements include Motorola, SCB, Jyske Bank and Idearc relationships.
- Coding: Have wide coding experience in Sybase, PowerBuilder, Cool-gen, Oracle, SQL, Visual basic and mainframe applications.
- ERP Experience: Successfully contributed as functional team member in identifying and addressing client needs related to consulting, designing, and implementing various Oracle application-based solutions. Key engagements include Ashok Leyland Ltd, Batliboi, and Motorola. Designed and developed ERP modules and handled large scale implementation of Oracle apps financial modules for Motorola. Handled Oracle 91 to 10g enterprise wide database migration. Designed, developed and implemented Oracle applications.
- Program Project Management: IT Governance and Process models Root cause analysis Defect prevention Portfolio and Risk management Change management Stake holder management Effort estimation Program /project road map Project Charter Manage Cost / Budget Resource management Schedule Management Conduct Steering Committee meetings etc.
- Tools : Agile Waterfall SDLC Banking CRM Customer Experience CX DBA ERP ETL Integration Oracle Applications Oracle Financials Oracle Projects Planning PMO Pre-Sales Program Manager Project Manage quality Assurance Retail Supply Chain Telecom Testing UI Design MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, MS TFS Team foundation server MS Project, MS Word MS Share Point Mercury Quality Center Test Director ALM Application Lifecycle Management Rally ALM PL/SQL , SQL Agile, JIRA Client Server technologies Sybase, Power builder and Java / J2EE, C , .Net RDBMS: Oracle 7.3, 8, 9i, Oracle 10g, Oracle 11g Golden gate Mainframe CMMi ITIL processes PPM clarity Use Case UML Object Oriented Modeling
Portfolio Manager / Sr. Program Project Manager
- Managed end to end delivery of complex, cross-functional development programs in Java / J2EE, C ,.Net and ETL Data warehouse programs for Customer Relationship Management for providing data analytics and reporting functions for business intelligence. Also handled infrastructure network implementations across multi-vendors.
- Mentored team in adopting agile methodology. Used templates from Team foundation server for code and change management and testing / release management. Responsible for effort estimation, strategic road map and release plans and oversee project development progress. Served as Scrum master as required, effectively leveraged and mentored the team in Agile Methodology.
- Defined portfolio health dashboard, dependencies map and handled risks proactively. Resolved 100 a major impediment and ensured timely implementation by network implementation across different datacenters which is pre-requisite for data migration. Coordinated the communication issues across 4 vendors and ensure implementation within 2 months time which paved way for timely implementation.
- Managed the end to end SDLC of the project. Defined test strategy across programs, established day planner for functional testing, performed root cause analysis and reduced high severity errors by 50 resulting in smooth implementation on schedule.
- Managed Stakeholders and Implemented processes to streamline scope prioritization. Handled schedule and risk management for the portfolio, managed independencies across different projects.
- Managed customer / vendor relationships and served as a single point of contact. Handled projects in Microsoft Technologies .NET and SharePoint and Sun Micro Systems Java . DB2, Oracle, JAVA/J2EE. Used ETL tools Teradata, Informatica, Jscape servers and TIBCO for data migration. Used Share point, Mercury Director and MS Tools. Created similar PPM project portfolio tools in excel for resource management, portfolio risk management and dash boards.
- Managed multiple large projects / programs and contributed significantly in adapting to Agile Methodology SAFE and mentored teams to orient to Scrum processes. Facilitated requirements gathering using Use case methodology in MS Vision with Team foundation server at the back end.
- Prepared Business process model and data flow model for large development programs. Evolved and implemented agile overall delivery model and defined new processes at every stage of project lifecycle. Served as Scrum master as and when required, developed scrum teams in Agile Methodology. Maintained Program / Release backlog and Product backlogs. Defined processes to help the teams to perform at required velocity.
- Defined and implemented IT Program governance model and provided support to institutionalize in line with ITIL processes. Initiated new processes lesson learnt, best practices from similar projects well ahead in SDLC life cycle. Created project health dashboard, dependencies map and handled risks proactively.
- Managed dependencies between projects programs for CRM applications. Handled Risks and taken mitigation steps. Prepared Program plan and Road maps, estimated effort for new projects and resource management.
- Handled enterprise wide Oracle Database migration from 9i to 10g.
- Taken over large development program at critical stage, established war room, reduced severity 1 issues within 1 month of time and achieved successful roll over into production. Won appreciation from Senior Management.
- Evaluate results, analyze trends and summarize the data for presentations and recommendations to senior management. Conducted Steering Committee meetings and reported on risks, mitigation steps, program critical path and interdependencies.
- Achieved 40 reduction in maintenance cost by conducting root cause analysis on critical high frequency maintenance issues by defining test strategy. Performed lesson learnt and suggested process improvements.
- Contributed to continuous improvement a Developed tools in MS office to capture Employee Satisfaction survey, metrics capture and defects trend etc. b Implemented Change Management Process to manage scope schedule
- Handled projects in Microsoft Technologies .NET and SharePoint and Sun Micro Systems Java . Mainframe, Oracle and JAVA/J2EE and C , .NET technologies Viz. Event- Id generation, Rewriting Directory publishing system to a Web-based reservation system and VAST / VNET system. Used Share point for configuration management, Mercury Director Testing activities and MS Tools for project management and reporting.
- Handled enterprise wide infrastructure upgrades from Oracle 9i RBO to 10G RBO, MVC Infra to V110, Java1.4.2 and Web logic 8.1.2. Used PPM clarity tool for resource management, institutionalize processes and portfolio management.
- Led Standard Collections Operations Platform Enterprise program in Agile Methodology SAFE to develop collections and recovery system for Credit Processing system for managing customer relationships across all lines of business in JAVA/J2EE, .NET technologies with EJB, TIBCO and MQ series for Messaging.
- Defined and adopted agile delivery model which helped in smooth program execution between geographically diverse team with internal and external customers and 3rd party Software Service providers. Facilitated requirements gathering using Use case methodology in MS Vision with Team foundation server at the back end. Created templates for change management based on Microsoft office Team foundation server.
- Managed multiple feature releases and Strategized, provisioned and executed design solutions by different proof-of-concepts. Responsible for effort estimation, scoping budgeting and program road map.
- Served as Scrum master as and when required, effectively leveraged and mentored the team in Agile Methodology. Trained and assisted team in requirements gathering using use case model and involved in reviews.
- Managed resource model and achieved ramping up the team from 5 to 35 within 3 months in agile methodology thereby reducing the cost of planning and initiation phase by 40 . Developed and foster agile teams from 1 to 5 and managed 35 member cross-functional team at onshore/ offshore and liaison with 3rd party vendor. Handled resource management planning /allocation , involved in recruitment, assisted training needs. Set up PMO office and Worked on prioritization of requirements and defined 3, 6, 9 and 12 months roadmap. Ensured compliance in line with ITIL processes. Used PPM clarity tool for effective execution of the program and manage project dependencies and portfolio management.
- Responsible for budget, resource management and project delivery within schedule and cost. Managed stakeholder expectations, backlog prioritization, program dependencies, monitored critical path, contingencies, and scope changes.
- Improved overall service delivery mechanism by initiating automated processes in the project lifecycle. Initiated new processes for requirements capture and created project health dashboard etc. Reduced requirements capture effort by 10 in use cases by constantly guiding the team and stringent reviews.
- Conducted Steering committee meetings and tracked project performance, schedules, work allocations, cost, and quality by capturing metrics for project progress and conducting regular team status meetings.
- Achieved solutions for IT system architecture through pilot models and 3rd party product customization.
- Formalized Process methodologies for IT Program governance and PMO office set-up towards Globalization. Liaison with senior management of different verticals and gathered requirements. Won buy-in from senior management.
- Defined Process developed PM Handbook for Stake holder Management processes, Project Interdependencies Management, Process for Steering Committee meeting, Project Charter / Project Plan definition/ Stage gate processes and Relationship Management. Disseminated processes across different functional groups.
- Achieved setting up the PMO office within 5 months duration and won management appreciation.
Sigma Black Belt Process Program Manager
- Successfully led Six Sigma Black Belt project for Credit Card processing systems for Loyalty group. Lead program from problem identification, process definition, implementation and served as single point of contact to the clients.
- Defined and Implemented IT Program Process Governance model called Operational readiness review process model in line with ITIL processes. The model ensured effective implementation of large scale development projects and reduced the instances of severity 1 failure issues in global production environment. Developed Process manual with project Metrics highlighting process bottle necks established necessary checklists for review at each stage gate. Defined Metrics, established checklists and customized estimation model. Defined areas which need to revise for continuous process improvement assigned ownership.
- Prepared effort estimations, strategic road maps, and Release plans, assessed required training for all stake holders. Customized estimation model and developed tool in excel for calculating ROI. Implemented the process and provided training for all stakeholders internal and external vendors . The model was highly appreciated and later it was adopted in other areas.
- Achieved high ROI 1.57 MM within 6 months and won management appreciation. Reduced Severity 1 issues by 60 due to roll out of new projects rollouts into production. As an add-on, documented the process as a package and provided steps for customization. This was very useful as the model got implemented later in UK office branch effortlessly. The VP sent an appreciation letter for making the package.
Program Manager/ Sr. Manager Oracle Apps
As Program Manager
- Successfully defined and implemented IT Program Governance Model encompassing Motorola stage gate processes which addresses processes for Vendor Relationship, Performance, Financial and Contract Management. Trained the team of size 200 members in processes and procedures. Established process improvements and implemented project management disciplines Viz schedule, quality control, configuration and change management.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Process improvement: Brought in continuous process improvements and established procedures for change management using six sigma methodologies.
As Sr. Manager Oracle Apps
- Performed due-diligence, requirements gathering and provided innovative technical / business solutions. Prepared RFP/ RFI, work estimations and won multiple proposals by providing appropriate technical solution and efficient cost model.
- Managed 6 projects for EMEA region India, UK, Germany and US which includes application development and maintenance of mobile applications in Oracle Financial apps, BO, Java /J2EE, .NET and C . Managed projects within budgets and schedule with high quality deliverables. Managed resource requirements and fostered team from size 5 to 40 members within a span of 3 months. Managed internal and external customers and project teams at 3 different locations.
- Handled ERP Financial modules such as GL, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Advanced Financial, Advanced Procurement and served as technical Advisor for two or more ERP Business Areas.
- Delivery model for EMEA sector Established efficient delivery model for managing multi-location projects in onsite offshore model. Served as a single point of contact for all risk, issues, resource, project / sector management and business development.
- Transition model: Established effective transition model for transitioning 5 projects of different technologies from 3rd party vendor within a period of 6 weeks and take over Level 1 production support with stringent SLA's. The model resulted in 50 of cost saving and customer satisfaction for clients. The model was highly appreciated by management and later recommended for similar transition projects.
Program Manager / Sr. Manager
- Influenced senior management with technical solution and won the proposal. Led the Java / J2EE, C , .Net project using Object Oriented design approach customizing environment for security measures for credit card processing. Prepared business model and data flow model, created prototypes, gathered requirements and defined test strategy.
- Executed all phases of SDLC and managed team at onsite and offshore. Identified project road blocks and ensured effective mitigation actions in terms of technical architecture, stringent reviews and effective test strategy. Responsible for budget, resource management and project delivery within schedule and cost.
- Completed project 30 lesser than budgeted cost and on schedule with efficient resource management and proactive risk management well ahead of SDLC.
- Managed and lead end-to-end SDLC of Single customer identification project for identifying SCB's customer across the globe with a single identification code. The application was developed in Java/ J2EE, C and .Net which links all the customer accounts across different locations. It is web based system with Java in the front end and Oracle as backend with MQ series middle layer.
- Influenced Senior VP's on the technical solution and business rules need to be incorporated and won the proposal.
- Performed due diligence requirements gathering. Prepared business model, data flow model, process model and functional Specification. Single handedly designed Relational database RDBMS and developed database access components.
- Responsible for decommissioning the old Atlas system and end-to-end SDLC activities for the web based development project. Prepared estimation and involved in team ramp-up at offshore. Involved in training and work allocation. Served as a technical mentor. Served as a single point of contact to the client.
- Reduced 30 of cost by reducing development effort by incorporating business rules in system architecture itself.
Sr. Process Consultant
- Contributed in CMMi model implementation for a large IT application development center with 57 projects of size 1200 members. Responsible for auditing all projects for compliance, mentoring tech leads and project manager for CMM practices, preparing them for facing the assessment. Involved in cross-branch, external and ISO certification assessment.
- Conducted training for project managers tech leads in Project Management processes, defect prevention, root cause analysis.
- Established metrics to capture schedule slippage, effort slippage which helped projects to identify deviations well ahead of Project life cycle and take mitigation steps. These metrics are captured at project level and center level and helped to adhere the compliance within tolerance limits. Got Sponsorship to attend the SEPG conference in Seattle US in year 2000.
- Served as a process owner for the center for next 2 years along with the project management responsibilities and contributed to continuous process improvements by sharing best practices, lessons learnt from similar projects.
Sr. Project Manager
- Lead all phases of SDLC for multiple development and maintenance projects. The project involved developing and maintaining various Link SM systems, by customizing the existing Base Link SM system for the different clients of Experian in order to manage this risk and reduce the loss due to fraudulent credit card applicants/users in mainframe, Java/ J2EE and C , .Net applications.
- Managed 15 team members development and support teams together , prioritized project tasks, enforced work standards and reviews. Conducted training and mentored resources to develop a strong project team
- Responsible for budget, resource management and project delivery within schedule and cost. Involved in QA review.
- Reduced 30 cost by establishing checklists for customization which helped in completing work with less effort. Leveraged resources across projects for reviews resulted in knowledge sharing and reduced time in QA reviews.
Sr. Project Manager
- Managed and Lead all phases of SDLC for integration of Central Stock System for Target, Dayton and Hudson Corporation and single-handedly designed a common Relational database RDBMS . Developed logical /functional business model, data flow model and designed application system architecture.
- Fostered strong technical team of peak size 50 members and served as technical mentor.
- Served as a single point of contact and implemented project on schedule. Responsible for work allocation, budget, resource management and project delivery within schedule and cost. Defined test strategy performed end to end functional testing. Involved in QA review of programs and DB access components.
- Efficiently reduced 20 of development effort by designing thin clients / server architecture screens and incorporating business rules in server side. Completed project with high profit margin 40 by reducing the development and testing effort by constantly upgrading templates and review checklist based on lessons learnt in every iteration and won management appreciation.
Senior Business Analyst / Tech Lead/ Developer
- Performed analysis, design, development and administration of applications using Oracle 6.0/6.1. Managed DBA activities such as ensuring availability of Oracle database and application, formulating backup strategies, downtime planning, database sizing, performance tuning and monitoring, and disaster recovery planning.
- Developed implemented ERP application modules Purchase Order, Stock and Inventory system in PowerBuilder / Oracle client server architecture. Developed stored procedures and functions. Designed, developed and implemented Spec Generation system in Oracle. Environment: Oracle5.1, 7i Database, Forms2.0/Reports2.5, IBM AIX RS 6000, UNIX 3.2