I am seeking a position that will challenge my skills in a team-oriented environment. I am a seasoned IT Manager and senior network engineer with over 10 years of experience in IT work. My skills include IT management, NT and Unix integration and administration, SQL Server administration, Exchange administration, Novell administration, VOIP and Cisco implementation/administration.
Technical Project Manager/Lead
- Lead technical resources in the area of installation, support and upkeep of technology resources for the state of Virginia
- Managed staff of 15-25 field technicians throughout the Williamsburg/Tidewater district.
- Responsible for making sure SLA were met with various state agencies we supported in the district
- Coached staff on performance and HR issues.
- Coordinated projects from start to finish in the areas of network planning and capacity, windows server upgrades, desktop refreshes and security related projects.
- Worked with various vendors to provide cutting edge solutions to the state of Virginia in firewall technology, desktop support and hardware/software solutions.
- Used ITIL methodologies to IT projects.
- Managed windows 7 desktop deployment for the state of Virginia
Senior Systems Engineer
- - Windows 2000/2003 server installation, configuration, maintenance, and support
- - VMware installation, configuration, maintenance, and support 2.5 to 3.0/vmotion
- - HP OpenView/HP SIM installation, configuration, maintenance, and support
- - Application software installation, configuration, maintenance, and support.
- - Research, evaluate, and test technical solutions needed to satisfy VDOT customer requirements
- - Configures and manages complex backup strategies for multiple platforms and applications such as Exchange 2003, Oracle, and SQL by utilizing software such as Netbackup and ArcServe
- - Utilizes tools such as HP OpenView to monitor core hardware/software components of the computing environment in the VDOT enterprise network
- - Assists in upgrades and modifications to the Active Directory management nodes that support the core of the VDOT Windows infrastructure
- - Assists in the creation of capacity plans to ensure customer resource needs are met.
- - Responsible for managing and troubleshooting the IBM FastT and DS4400 storage area networks
- - Manage distribution of enterprise level software via Active Directory Group Policies and scripting methodologies
- - Installed and managed HP Storage Works EVA 4000 Enterprise Virtual Array
- - Used Installware to create packages for automated software installations.
Active Directory Migration Lead
- Lead the Active Directory Project for user and exchange migration at PMUSA
- Performed AD/Exchange administration for old domain and new domain
- Lead project team for MIIS and Livelink implementations
IT Services Manager, Infralogics
- Performing various project management tasks on a contract basis to include:
- Windows 2003 Server installations/Configurations setup, data migration, user group creation and management, active directory implementation, permission management, system resource sharing, etc.
- Firewall installations/management development, creation, management, fault resolution of hardware and rules
- Lead IT design/implementation consultant for network infrastructure and AD architecture
- Was project manager for 2.5 million dollar EMR software package upgrade for Columbia Hospitals
- Active Directory Design and Implementation.
- Active Directory object creation and maintenance user accounts creation, password creation and distribution, management, fault resolution , group accounts creation and management , computer accounts creation and management , group policy authoring, implementation, and testing .
- Training for enterprise technicians and senior information technology staff on Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 Server, ISA 2000 Server, McAfee Security ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01 and more.
- Migration from Windows NT 4.0 based server environment to Windows 2000 domain environment.
- Exchange 5.5 migration to Exchange 2000.
- Application migrations to Windows 2000 servers.
- Workstation Migration to Windows XP and Windows 2000 domain environment.
- Workstation rollout baseline established utilizing imaging software, Norton Ghost.
- Windows 2003 Security designs an implementation.
- Workstation and laptop management of Windows 2000 and XP systems to include all common applications Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office, mail clients, etc. as well as network unique application interdependencies.
- Installed, Maintained, and administered system hardware CPU's, peripherals, local network printers, and external devices through preventative and break-fix actions.
- Group Policy design and implementation.
- Documentation of Windows 2003 Policies and Procedures to conform to internal audit examinations.
- Enterprise roll out of new Windows 2003 based applications.
- Implementation of Software Update Services, McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator 3.01, and ISA 2000 Server.
- Created new Networking Operations Manual for the new Windows 2000 environment.
- Designed and implemented a backup strategy and disaster recovery plan for the new Windows 2000 Server environment.
- Implementation of Exchange 2000 in a front end/back end configuration. Cisco PIX 515 firewall with a DMZ setup Exchange front end server and Web server in DMZ . Remote Installation service setup for Windows XP Professional with Office XP and Antivirus solution rollout to client computers.
- Served as lead administrator for VOIP phone network.
- - Served as one of Philip Morris's webmasters tasked with designing, administrating, and establishing access and permissions.
- - Supported transfers into production for Philip Morris intranet web and internet related sites ensuring proper protection both internal and external customers.
- - Maintained security and administration of web servers and sites .
- - Supported Philip Morris/NABISCO LAN/WAN Infrastructure.
- - Monitored external web hosting services providers to ensure compliance with applicable service level agreements.
- - Assisted in end-to-end application support across several platforms within Philip Morris network infrastructure.
- Aug 1999-June 2002 Director of Technology Planning, Virginia Interactive
- - Managed IT department with a team of 3 Network Administrators, 2 developers and 1 DBA.
- - Implemented and supported Windows NT and Unix environments.
- - Installed, configured and supported MS NT Cluster Servers.
- - Installed, configured, supported, and troubleshot Exchange Server 5.5, SQL 7.0, IIS 4.0, and SMS 2.0.
- - Developed Disaster Recovery and Security Plan for our local and national offices.
- - Oversaw the LAN/WAN network between DIT Department of Technology and Virginia Interactive
- - Configured and support CISCO routers and switches.
- - Served as the Project manager for the Virginia Tourism Web Site for the State of Virginia.
- - Managed company wide Windows 2000 Professional and Advanced Server upgrades.
- - Prepared budgets for IT department using measurable metrics to stay within allowable guidelines.