- Seeking a full-time role or a contract engagement in Project Management. The position will capitalize on professional project management skills and leadership experience gained during 21 years in information technology.Career focus has been on solutions delivery to customer service and back office lines of business.
- Software development:Project-managed the development and deployment of customer service applications, functional and performance improvements to Customer Relationship Management CRM systems. Related initiatives have included customer data consolidation, web portals for statement viewing and bill payment and back office productivity software. Database and middleware technologies deployed in these projects have included Oracle, DB2, Sybase, SQL Server, JDBC, Websphere, Weblogic and WebMethods. Cisco ICM and Genesys call routing projects have included inbound and outbound scenarios, CTI screen pops, IVR / Nuance text to speech, Verint call logging, quality monitoring and IEX workforce management WFM .
- Enterprise desktop and data center infrastructure:Managed large-scale deployments and upgrades of desktop and laptop hardware, client-server, Citrix and Web applications, softphone CTI integration, OS management including imaging and patching. Established help desk team supporting servers and desktops. Led project teams to engineer and deploy high-availability, redundant switched networks, data warehouses, mainframe connectivity, floor plans, colocation of circuits, server farm management including new server racking and stacking, power management, cable management and disaster recovery planning.
SKILLS and TALENTS
- PMP-certified since 2004. Has 21 years of experience in project managementfor financial services and utilities
- Excellent financial control of projects including a keen awareness of the importance of accurate estimates, budgets and cost management plans
- Extensive experience in requirements gathering and scope definition, project communications, risk mitigation, testing / quality control, scheduling and execution
- Vendor management including RFP publication, selection, contracting and deployment / support
- Expert in Microsoft Project and Excel. Experienced with legacy portfolio management applications
- Practical lifecycle background through the full SDLC in Waterfall environments
- Utilizes the PMBOK from PMI and Six Sigma DMAIC whenever beneficial to the project
- Skilled in methodologies used by PMOs with various agendas program-specific, LOB-operated and IT-operated
- Providedproject management of software applications for the Commercial Lines division
- Led in-house and vendor development teams to code and deploy a customized risk management workflow solution for the Risk Services group
- Led project to deliver a customized, offshore-developed system to allow the Contact Center to automate contract management and handle customer workflow
- Provided oversight of quality assurance QA and UAT testing for both projects
- Responsibilities included project financial reporting, project scheduling, QA and UAT oversight and deployment / release management
- Selected PMI best practices utilized. Responsible for full project lifecycle, including customer business requirements review, resource planning, hardware procurement, deployment, line of business validation and network operations center support
- Led the design, resource planning, procurement and installation of switched networks at nine 9 data centers
- Project management for redundant high performance 10-gigabit switched networks in Merrill Lynch and Bank of America legacy data centers.Led engineering, cabling and network operations teamsto design and deploy connections for large numbers of servers.
- Activities included securing resources, coordinating meetings with Bank Implementation Engineers, overseeing data center engineering design, equipment ordering and workflow management, cable contractor management, scheduling and requesting approvals by Network CAB Change Approval Board and hosting open conference call lines during installations
Senior Project Consultant
- Provided project management of development and operational support initiatives associated with Cisco ICM and CTI. Managed vendors and call routing project teamsfor worldwide call centers that handle customer service voice and IVR calls. Expedited vendor software and telephony deliverables.
- CTI computer telephony interface screen pop improvement initiative at outsourced vendor call centers. Managed softphone application providers and in-house CTI developers. Increased percentage of automated customer account lookups as compared to number of incoming telephone calls.
- Led management dashboard reporting initiative to improve Aceyus web-based tool used by National and Regional Operations Center teams to manage call center performance
Technical Delivery Manager
- Additional 1.9M cost reduction by providing detailed analysis that facilitated funding approval by project PMO after the elimination ofnon-critical functionality
- 2.5M cost savings by consolidating and vetting initial estimates by 92 teams enterprise-wide
- Created SharePoint site used by over 120 technical partners, testing teams and other stakeholders for communications, information sharing and links to PMO and other sites
- Instrumental in Release Planning, including the coordination ofdevelopment team installation tasks along and Chatalyst milestone reporting for the PMO
- Organized and led weekly Credit Card technology meetings with 30-60 attendees. Prepared and distributed agendas which covered overall project status, concerns of involved teams and financial reporting. Coordinated breakout sessions on specific topics.
- The SDLC methodology, with a Waterfall approach, was used along with the Six Sigma DMAIC model for the project work breakdown structure WBS . The result was the delivery of a flawless set of new functionality, includingsystematic linkages of card accounts with deposit and mortgage accountsand multiple ways to pay for banking services in this 55,000 person-hour, 3.8M project.
- Managed the Credit Card division's 12 subprojects as one of five work streams reporting to the Customer Solutions PMO
- Provided project management for Credit Card development teams and vendors that played key roles in a multi-million dollar Customer Solutions project which delivered a flawless product. Provided project management and oversight of twelve 12 application development and 92 ancillary teams.Delivered new functionality to offer customers choices in banking that reward them for deeper relationships and improved back office automation of customer account updates.
- Oversight of individual teams' budget adherence resulted in an under-budget performance of 12