- Possess over 28 years of engineering and operational experience in telecommunications, data networks and video teleconferencing VTC . 20 years of functional experience in network design, architecture, deployment, testing, problem resolution and optimization. 20 years of project management and two years as a Program Manager.
- Certified PMP and ITIL V3 Foundation with project management experience
- Active DoD TS clearance
- Full IT lifecycle experience from proposal development through operations and maintenance
- Recent training and development experience with BMC Remedy Service Request Management SRM software
- Provided professional services for commercial businesses such as MCI, Computer Associates and Bank of America.
- Public agencies including Department of Justice DHS, FBI , Department of Energy NRC , DoD Army ITA, Army Natl. Guard, WHS and DCPAS , Department of State DoS , US Patent Office USPTO , Environmental Protection Agency EPA , US Agency for International Development USAID , National Geospatial Intelligence NGA and Social Security Administration SSA .
Skills, Training, Certifications and Associations
Project Management Professional, PMP 459078
Information Technology Infrastructure Library ITIL Version 3, Foundation certification
Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers IEEE Since 1995 40073683
Program Manager/Team Lead
- Manage a 4M DoD O M contract with a team of 25 people responsible for the Audiovisual AV and Video Teleconference VTC Support for OSD-WHS Supported Organizations WSO , Pentagon Force Protection Agency PFPA , Integrated Emergency Operations Center IEOC , Pentagon Library and Conference Center PLC2 , Mark Center, designated Continuity of Operations COOP sites, and other offices in the National Capitol Region NCR . Program scope involves design, engineering and installations as well as daily operations and maintenance.
- Developing the program through business process improvement and re-engineering, Standard Operating Processes SOPs , Concept of Operations CONOPS , job descriptions and end-user training materials.
- Maintained program performance levels by managing the Key Performance Indicators KPIs using the Remedy ticketing system, Telepresence Management System TMS , customer surveys and other tools.
- Handle all aspects of personnel resources to include but not limited to interviewing, hiring, training, career development, performance reviews and disciplinary actions.
- Project management of new equipment installation and system requests as well as Life Cycle Refresh LCR projects/programs.
- Producing weekly and monthly progress and status reports. Serve as the primary representative during the monthly Program Management Review PMR with the Government leads and contracting officers.
Social Security Administration
- Provided software Quality Assurance QA - of Interactive Voice Response IVR telephone applications and a new VTC database AMCR in support of the CARE2020 initiative.
- Tested and discover serious application flaws managed defect reports using HP's Application Lifecycle Management ALM tool. Verified call flow against User Interface UI documentation.
- Manage several resources and subcontractors to track project hours. Keep management informed through weekly and monthly status reports as contract deliverables.
- Deputy Project Manager/Process Engineer/Junior Service Request Management SRM Developer, September 2010 January 2012.
- Delivered a self-help portal based on BMC's SRM product that enabled NGA employees to request IT products and services online. Managed the tasking for seven engineers responsible for project deliverables.
- Completed formal BMC training in AR System Foundation, SRM and Remedy ITSM Administration.
- Wrote portions of the portal through SRM software development activities.
- Prepared numerous management reports and conducted status briefings and milestone presentations
- Delivered an Enterprise Strategic Refresh Plan for all network infrastructures under BIE division
- Created an As-Is network assessment along with a 12/24/36 month To-Be technology roadmap.
- Presented IT industry trends and technology refresh best practices for their consideration
- Successfully transitioned the Help Desk and telecommunications facilities to an inbound contractor.
- Managed the development/content, scheduling and presentation of knowledge transfer sessions.
- Coordinated the orderly disposition of GFE and contractor-owned equipment.
- Successfully relocated the Audio-Visual system in support of the National Communications System NCS .
- Provided system changes to the original configuration through use of highly qualified subcontractors.
- Conducted and delivered ITIL V3 operational assessment study and Roadmap Plan for Middleware Group
- Interviewed stakeholders and department managers to provide input for process maturity assessment.
- Provided value through the development of an application pre-implementation performance study.