Project Program Manager, Business Consultant and Analyst who has led cross-functional teams in implementation of Treasury Services / Cash Management projects that resulted in generation of substantial annual revenue, measurable processing and user experience improvements, and assurance of regulatory compliance. Played key roles in development of customer online payment capabilities. Implemented business and system processes for management and monitoring of operational payment risk. Managed vendor relationships and served on committees recommending enterprise change. Provided strategic fact based line of business recommendations leading to successful efforts. Experience in working with multiple cultures on global strategic projects. Ensured critical production processing and business goals were met by working across organizational boundaries along with off-shore teams to encourage teamwork and deliver within budget.
- Management SDLC PMLC
- Senior Level Communication
- Coaching Mentoring
- Operations Support Management
- Business Continuity Management
- Risk Issue Management
- Budget / Financial Management
Senior Project Manager
- Managed IT conversion to new banking services for Treasury / Cash Management. Worked directly with Line of Business Management, Development, Business Analyst, and QA.
- Implemented changes to Web based product to allow for migration of concentration banking business to new bank provider and integration with their system. Treasury users were provided capability to import BAI files into Web product from bank system and create GL postings to Peoples Soft. Web service was enhanced to provide for calculation of banking positions resulting in ACH activity to fund or draw down balances. New query tools were provided to search and export data into various formats.
- Managed conversion of ACH / EDI payment files to new bank file processing system and its impact to the corporate HR, AP and ATM business activity.
- Senior business analyst who provided global payments subject matter expertise and leadership in support international expansion requirements for global platforms. Worked directly with IT Architecture and Senior Product Management and Global Business Partners
- Performed business integration analysis for Cash Management electronic payment products as a result of merger between Wells Fargo and Wachovia.
- Led business requirement gathering and validation sessions. Developed RFI to be used to identify gaps for internal and external solutioning. Prepared evaluation criteria for vendor RFP. Outlined conceptual functional architecture towards a solution visioning framework. The client's vision is the delivery of Multi-Currency global payment solution based on strategic, operational and technical objectives. The solution is to be a convergence of key business components of payment types, channel delivery, shared services and back office operations.
- Conducted discovery sessions, developed process flows, created business requirement document that was used in the design and development of a unified integrated payments solution that will provide customers with the capability to create and manage all of their electronic payments from a single access point via an online portal.
Senior Project Manager
- Managed multiple technology projects resources and funding and addressed issues and risks. Established project requirements, priorities and deadlines. Worked directly with Cash Management, Developers, Business Analysts, QA, UAT and Offshore Teams.
- Delivered iACH enhancements to the host to host client access channel. The expanded functionality increased the ability to bid for domestic ACH business within EMEA Big 5 countries.
- Provided a supplementary feed to ensure compliance with SEPA EPC Rule Book for full iACH descriptive reporting for all incoming ACH XML ISO 20022 transactions.
- Enhanced Internet capability to provide for iACH EMEA reporting and incoming credits bulk detail.
- Introduced several enhancements to close FX product gaps for client access channel. Positioned the bank technologically to bid on international FX ACH payment business of the Federal Reserve.
- Worked with cross teams to move existing payment traffic off of non-target technical platforms as part of incremental approach to application takedown.
- Worked directly with Management, Program Office, Development, Business Analysts and Offshore Teams.
- Provided Subject Matter Expertise in financial payment services to global banking client in their strategic initiative towards creation of a single multinational payment platform and global product offerings.
- Co-led part of the project's global process requirements effort. Oversaw the capturing and analysis of current business requirements and the development of future state requirements, across 50 countries.
- Supported project systems stream assigned with responsibilities of crafting business solutions, developing operational functional models and designing architecture for payment process flows.
Baxter Credit Union: Worked directly with Audit, Risk, and Development.
- Interfaced with business users of national credit union organization in developing requirements to provide risk monitoring reporting tools to address audit, operational and regulatory issues.
- Washington Mutual: Worked directly with Management and Business Analysts.
- Senior project manager for strategic engagement to centralize and outsource financial processes. Managing the transitioning of CM MS knowledge to new onshore team as well as offshore vendor. Creating future to be business state.
Senior Manager Operations Specialist
- Worked directly with Senior Operations and Product Management, External Software Vendors and Developers, and Regulators.
- Held lead role in numerous projects as a result of BMO parent bank acquisition and mergers with local community banks.
- Represented U.S. bank operations for electronic payments in a multi-year international systems strategic integration project. Developed business case with benefits analysis. Worked with banks in Europe and Canada to create a new payment servicing company through alliance with other major financial institutions. Served as business expert in providing electronic payment business requirements. Evaluated available options for consolidation of bank's multi-site and multi-system wire payment environments. Successfully benchmarked competition's experiences with external vendors and further organized site visits with major industry competitors to develop understanding of challenges faced in system and business process consolidation. Developed recommendations towards consolidating multiple processing centers to one payment vendor.
- Initiated project to evaluate and select SWIFT worldwide financial messaging hardware and software options most effective in meeting recently implemented regulatory requirements in role as bank's SWIFT technical support manager. Managed the business process conversion of bank's SWIFT capability from local aged application and hardware to updated electronic wire payment system.
- Served as Business Contingency Plan Administrator for Wire Services disaster recovery and FRB PayReach nationwide bank escalation/notification contingency coordination in managing operational and market risk.
- Ensured compliance with FBI regulatory monitoring and reporting directives as a member of AML anti-money laundering Task Force through the design and implementation of Confidential
- Served on project team tasked with addressing consolidation of bank charters and collapsing of bank ABAs as an expert from the electronic payments area. Investigated and confirmed the viability of using Federal Reserve's master/sub account reporting and balance position capability in maintaining the bank's reserve positions.
- Led operational risk assessment to address the multi-DDA risk and audit accounting concerns when processing branch payments through the development of user requirements and proposal for automation.
- Approved application changes on behalf of the business and coordinated implementation efforts. Involved in managing each phase from scope definition to gathering of business requirements to coordination of development and the acceptance of test results.
- Point person for line of business in investigation, analysis and recovery from operational incidents. Coordinated efforts across organization to ensure that cause of problem was clearly identified and that future preventative measures were put in place.
- Managed the business support for all bank electronic payment services. Increased efficiency and reduced costs in Electronic Payment division's operations through reorganization of area.
- Directed Y2K contingency team effort across geographically located electronic payment sites in different business customer markets in role as Business Area Coordinator for Y2K contingency planning. Developed management problem escalation and notification process, ensured fulfillment of Federal Reserve disaster recovery policy directives, and successfully addressed operational risks of new electronic payment system environment, including process/line recovery and redundancy.
- Confidential to convert European legacy currencies to EURO. Worked with internal teammates as well as external bank contacts to consolidate accounts, reconcile open entries, and settle currency values.
Senior Project Manager
- Worked as part of team to effectively relocate equipment to new operations center and establish corresponding communication network in role as Line of Business Representative in Tandem hardware harmonization initiative. Enhanced payment environment stability and delivered solutions to address potential outages by working closely with vendors, network support staff, and application developers. Proactively worked to automate manual application startup and shutdown maintenance processes, resulting in reduced costs as well as increased timeliness and quality of processes.
- Coordinated relocation of disaster recovery site to Chicago suburbs in compliance with business contingency directives. Established protocol for monitored and controlled testing. Verified site and staff contingency preparedness through simulation of various types of business outages.
- Responded to Futures and Securities customer needs by leading team in delivery of multiple international wire payment enhancements. Utilized SWIFT as a vehicle for payment settlement information, establishing bank leadership as a settlement bank for the Exchanges both in clearing of contracts in U.S. and Foreign Currency accounts.
- Worked closely with Risk and Audit teams of Federal Reserve, FDIC, and internal audit to prepare and review Risk Assessments. Analyzed audit findings and provided optimal operational control solutions. Ensured annual regulatory compliance to Fedwire and SWIFT payment message standards.
- Confidential for electronic payment services in addition to evaluation and implementation of related system solution. Addressed requirements for U.S. Treasury Bank Secrecy Act, specifically record retention and capturing of remitter detail.
Systems Team Leader
- Selected by management committee to address need of corporate brokerage customers to settle commodity contract activity with the Exchanges in currency of contract. Implemented Foreign Currency Account product services to meet those needs.
- Managed vendor relationships related to major software upgrades. Worked closely with developers to enhance wire payment initiation and transaction reporting functionality by developing various electronic customer access capabilities. Oversaw that the appropriate controls were part of the business process flows.
- Led and managed project to automate international payment processing functionality, resulting in improved operational controls and increased market competitiveness. Ensured that key performance indicators were met.
- Managed International Payment Processing Section consisting of movement of money in both US and foreign dollars through wires, checks, and foreign drafts.
- Evaluated, proposed, and managed conversion to new international payment SWIFT system.