- My objective is to obtain a leadership role in a growing organization and
- share my skills as a versatile, self-motivated accounting professional.
- Directs the accounting and financial reporting activities for the 37th largest bulk transport company in the United States with 29 million in revenues with more than 165 employees in 15 locations located in five states.
- Supervise 5 direct report employees matrix supervisory role of an additional 8 employees.
- Maintain relationship with the loan officer at SunTrust Bank for annual renewal of 25 million credit facility including cash management and treasury activities.
- Assisted owners and corporate officers manage the transition from a small company with less than 50 employees to a growing mid-sized company.
- Manage the accounting, billing and payables functions. Established and organized the general accounting function and office.
- Implemented and managed installation of new computer networks and programs including managing the conversion to paperless offices. Replacing series of stand-alone computers and different systems with an integrated network. Selected vendors for software, hardware and systems support requirements.
- Designed accounting controls and financial reporting system for a newly organized multi-company corporation consisting of two at the time bulk trucking companies, real estate activities, retail greenhouse and parent holding corporation.
- Managed annual audit of retirement plan, annual review of consolidated financial statements and prepared multi-state income tax returns for corporation and its owners.
- Acted as the project manager for implementation of a major upgrade of our enterprise software.
- Prepared income tax returns for small and medium sized businesses. Reviewed income tax returns prepared by others.
- Scheduled and performed reviews and compilations. Prepared financial statements and reviewed the work of others.
- Performed several Controller-on-call and temporary Controller engagements.
- Designed financial reporting system for multi-corporation retail automobile insurance business.
- Valentine Electrical a wholly owned subsidiary of Integrated Electrical Services, Incorporated , Ashland, Virginia
- Produced monthly internal management reports and input to parent company for consolidation as a Securities and Exchange Commission registrant.
- Worked with project managers together we drove the accounts receivable days' sales outstanding statistic to one of the lowest in the Integrated Electrical Services Corporation 80 companies .
- Managed all accounting activities which are task organized to support construction operations through sixteen employees.
- Hired, supervised and had termination authority of four employees in the accounting department.
- Established procedures and responsibilities that transformed the Company from a small business to a company poised to grow revenues to 20 million and beyond.
- As the firms representative, worked with owners and managers of small and mid-sized companies with revenues to 50 million.
- Supervised the efforts of one to three staff accountants assigned to engagement.
- Scheduled and performed audits, reviews and compilations. Prepared financial statements and reviewed the work of others.
- Performed several Controller-on-call and temporary Controller engagements. Supervised and reviewed the work of in-charge accountants and staff members assigned to engagements.
- Helped several clients improve accounting procedures and enhance internal financial reporting practices.
- Provided interpretation, guidance and recommendations to client management on broad range of topics including new FASB implementation and general business consulting.