PMP Certified Project Manager with over 15 years' experience working with computers, LANs, WANs and telephony systems. Program/Project Manager for many multi-million dollar projects around the world featuring voice and data communications systems, including voice over IP and security systems. Design entire technology platforms from small businesses to six building campus-wide technology systems with nine remote sites. Successful management of technology teams to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
Project Program Management:
- Direct and Manage Project Teams
- Direct Architectural Teams
- Project Team Development
- Scope Development Management
- Resource Management
- Bid Document Development Management
- Vendor Selection Management
- New York State Contract Development
- Fiber and Cable Infrastructure Design
- RFP/Specification Development
- Develop Technical Specifications and Engineering Reports
- Project Drawing Set Development and Layout
- On-site Construction Evaluation and Management
- Evaluate and Inspect Infrastructure Deployment
- Final Project Closeout Review and Documentation
- Scope Management
- Technology Evaluation
- Change Management
- Scope and Budget Management
- Team Leadership
- Package Selection/Vendor Management
- VoIP/PBX Evaluation Design
- Security and Television Design
- LAN/WAN Design
- Infrastructure/Network Design and Implementation
- Life Cycle Project Management
- Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology
- PMI Methodology
- Visio Design
- Word, Excel and Project
- CAD Design
- Power Point Presentations
- RFP/Specification Documentation
- BICSI and TIA/EIA Guidelines
- MS Project
- Consultant for General Electric Company Managing IT programs and projects around the world directing teams from project site discovery to project closeout.
- Work with Vendors around the world to implement quality networking infrastructure.
- Coordinate with IT Engineers and clients to determine technical resource and time estimates for projects.
- Provide direction and knowledge of infrastructure technologies to determine the best possible path to a successful project.
- Implement technical solutions as defined by management and the project charter.
- Manage infrastructure projects using tools and toll-gated processes as outlined by IT Management.
- Analyze existing infrastructure and systems topography.
- Work with IT Management in establishing, publishing, maintaining and enforcing company project and infrastructure standards.
- Successfully organize and direct project meetings from project kickoff to closeout.
- Remotely direct and manage various projects throughout the United States and around the world.
- Develop technical RFPs, RFQs and work with other disciplines, vendors and clients to schedule and manage a successful network migration.
- Work with GE IT Security to implement a safe and secure network following GE standards.
- Consulted and advised clients on telephony and communications networks and recommended technologies to enhance current systems. Evaluated existing communication and telephony systems and provided recommendations with associated cost estimates and options.
- Designed technology systems from personal computers to entire communications networks. Acquired and installed all hardware and software, as well as infrastructure. Configured server/client networks.
- Worked as liaison between clients and vendors in order to best suit the needs of the clients.
- Evaluated existing voice and data network for businesses such as Bunheads Inc, Saratoga Dance Inc and LER Graphics and advised them on the most cost effective way to enhance their voice and data systems. Procured point of sale equipment and coordinated installation and implementation with other systems.
- Developed Visio and proposal documents with associated cost estimates for the upgrade of voice and data networks.
- Developed detailed technology plans for project implementation.
- Procured PCs, servers, data switches and routers and all necessary hardware and software to expand the current networks.
- Managed coordination between clients and computer/hardware vendors. Brokered lease of PBX from Verizon for voice communication.
Project Manager/Technology Engineer
- Performed multi-million dollar technology upgrades to school districts via capital construction projects. Performed technology upgrades to NYS school districts such as Pinebush CSD, Queensburry CSD, Lansingburg CSD, Lisbon CSD, Croton Harmon CSD, Tri-Valley CSD, Plattsburgh CSD, South Lewis CSD, East Islip CSD.
- Worked on professional basis with clients, vendors, architectural team members and other engineering disciplines. Directed and collaborated with electrical and technology engineers. Supervised and directed electrical and technology designers and drafters. Represented the firm at professional meetings and conventions.
- Provided analysis of off premise public and private networks and developed cost estimates/justification for various design concepts. Prepared technical specifications and RFPs. Developed and maintained departmental design standards with other project managers and engineers.
- Responsible for managing technology and engineering teams in the investigation, analysis and overall design and engineering of telecommunications and data-communications systems for a wide range of projects. Managed multiple projects from pre-schematic phase through construction closeout. Evaluated existing telecommunications systems and provide recommendations with associated cost estimates. Managed design and engineering teams to produce final technology documents.
- Evaluated existing voice and data network and presented initial project presentations and technology evaluations to the district.
- Designed and managed installation of optical fiber infrastructure for backbone between MDF's and IDF's as well as between school locations. Procured computer electronics via NYS Contract based on 10/100 technology and Fast Ethernet/Gigabit backbone uplinks as well as wireless access to upgrade and/or facilitate existing network electronics systems.
- Upgraded districts traditional PBX telephone system and VoIP telephone system.
- Developed and managed design teams in the evaluation and collection of current systems as well as in AutoCAD design for new and existing systems. Directed architectural teams for electrical and HVAC needs as well as physical space requirements.
- Reviewed shop drawings and product submittals for conformance to contract requirements as well as scope verification and scope management.
- Provided new media access/display system video-on-demand to allow teachers in all classrooms to access media and content from a variety of sources via the computer networks, internet, digital video and DVD. Designed distance learning labs and procured equipment to originate and distribute classroom instruction to four remote sites.
- Performed onsite construction evaluation and management for proper cable infrastructure placement and installation.
- Developed Visio, RFP/Specification, bid and closeout documents.
- Technology technician for KeyBank converting token ring to Ethernet, checking for Y2K issues and performed imaging of computers.
- Upgraded network servers to Novell and assisted in implementing new IP addressing at Basset Healthcare.
- Programmed Cisco switches and routers and performed basic maintenance of computer systems at Albany Medical Center.
- Installed Windows operating systems and other software as well as resolve computer compatibility issues at Mapinfo Inc.