SENIOR TECHNICAL IT PROJECT MANAGER
Career reflects 25 years of experience in Healthcare IT with proven expertise in Technical Project Management and Systems Analysis. Skill set includes HIE and EHR implementation including HL7 v2 v3 interfaces and SOA-based web services, and systems analysis, and data architecture. PMI and SCRUM certified. Meaningful Use MU Stage 2
RELEVANT CAREER EXPERIENCE
- HIE Implementation - Led HIE project effort to integrate NextGen Electronic Health Record application with Medicity Health Information Exchange. Part of a multi-million dollar effort to create a Health Information Exchange HIE environment for Health Management Associates. Work included new HL7 and xds.b based interfaces for exchange of information including Patient demographics, Lab and Radiology orders and results, and Continuity of Care CCD Documents. Responsible for new software design and managed contractor and vendor work on all aspects of software development and systems integration.
- EHR Implementation - Supervised a software development team that built complex HL7 interfaces from Kaiser Permanente legacy applications to Epic's EpicCare, Resolute, Prelude, and Tapestry applications. All application changes and interfaces were delivered to testing on time.
- EHR Implementation - Led Solutions team for implementation of Epic's Cadence Enterprise Scheduling. Part of a multi-million dollar, multi-year national Epic implementation project that involved complex data conversions as well as HL7 and XML-based SOA interfaces. Delivered project on time and within budget. Health plan members were able to add, update, or change appointments via voice recognition technology
- Led a 300,000 project to implement MedQuist SpeechQ Radiology Dictation software that benefited over 20 physicians and support staff at two acute care hospitals. Six month project included ADT, ORU, and ORM HL7 interfaces and eliminated an antiquated telephone based system, and was delivered within budget requirements
- Led Community Health Systems CHS development team effort for certification of Meaningful Use Stage 2 document exchange objectives. Led analysis, development, testing, and implementation components for development and exchange of Hospital Discharge Summaries as part of the Consolidated Clinical Document Architecture.
- Rescued a troubled project by directing a cross-functional team that designed, developed, and implemented a strategy to conceal patient's social security numbers. Successfully decreased both project timeframe and budget by one-third. Acknowledged for innovation and delivering project within budget and schedule.
- Managed software development team that rapidly created robust cross-system integration processes and functions to avoid 25,000 potential errors each month regarding an enrollment application and utilization management system. Two month project slashed the number of errors to less than 50 each month.
- Managed the technical implementation of Allscripts Care Management solutions valued at 400,000 , and integrated utilization management, risk planning, and patient discharge planning. Led a 10-person team that also converted data and created real-time HL7 ADT interfaces between Allscripts Care Management and hospital HIS.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CAREER
Senior IT Project Manager/Systems Analyst Consultant
Hired by an independent market-driven project to develop and implement a Health Information Exchange HIE environment connecting physician practice medical record systems, hospital information systems, and state Information Exchange environments.
Senior Project Manager
Joined a 250 million company that provides IT solutions to the healthcare industry. Concentrate on project planning and management, IT project evaluations, COTS implementation, budget control, and client relationships. Supervise a team of four to six during project execution, including Senior System Engineer, Software Developer, Network Engineer, and Integration Services Specialist. Managed 10 projects ranging from 20,000 to 500,000.
- Hired by a 46-year old, global IT services firm to consolidate provider network databases in Maryland and Washington, DC for Care First BlueCross Blue Shield.
- KASIER PERMANENTE, Mid-Atlantic States, Silver Spring
- Led Solution Design Consulting team for Epic implementation. Led and managed all data discovery, mapping, and flow sessions for Epic integration.
- Led business/requirements analysts and data architects.
Led team of 25 Mumps/Cache programmers with 5 direct team leads.
Oversaw development of all legacy MUMPS applications interfaces to Epic applications.