MIS Professional with over seventeen years of experience in LAN/WAN environment holding Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer and Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator certifications and strong leadership and project management skills. Skills including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager, system security, troubleshooting, design, implementation, migrations and administration expertise.
- Manage a group of five 5 individuals that maintain the Antivirus protection McAfee ePo 4.5 , application distribution and patching of systems workstations and servers .
- Designed new System Center Configuration Manager Sccm 2012 infrastructure, migrated packages/settings/reports, queries from Sccm 2007 and trained technicians. Multiple SCCM 2012 projects focusing on design and implementation to rollout Windows 7, patch management, application deployment, system/software inventory and reporting services. Implement new system to benefit different divisions of staff site managers, desktop support, server admins, managers and reporting and train staff in utilizing those features.
- Sccm 2012 OSD used to upgrade of 18,000 systems from Windows XP to Windows 7, the OSD process is used to assist the desktop group in the re-clone corrupt systems and copy the user's profile.
- Devise plans to distribution numerous applications to desktops, applications can be Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader or even Juniper Pulse, etc. Implement, verify and report status to management.
- Update and patch workstations and 1,000 servers systems. Our patch method is to initial patch a select group of systems for production application testing and based on a success rating by testing users, roll-out patches to systems slowly in a methodological manner.
- Create queries to extract information for desktop group and management on system hardware and search for specific applications installed to systems. Queries were created and used to target deployments to specific groups of systems.
- Designed a McAfee ePo infrastructure to allow the antivirus aspect of the group to be proactive in virus protection. Scan all systems in Antivirus infrastructure on a weekly basis using McAfee's Artemis scanning technology. Scheduled bi-weekly discovery sync of systems within Active Directory, installed and configured a Host Intrusion Protection firewall, plan to implement a McAfee ePo handler to enable the access of systems off the LAN to receive policies and updates via internal ePo server.
- Plan to implement System Center Operations Manager to monitor server hardware and software using management packs. The system will be implemented to monitor the systems in a proactive manner.
LAN Admin/Project Mgr
- Microsoft Systems Center Configuration Manager 2007 was implemented as a solution to distribute applications, update and patch 18,000 systems. Designed, documented and configured a new Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager SCCM 2007 infrastructure consisting of a Central server, Primary operational servers, multiple Secondary servers and branch distribution points. The configuration contained numerous physical sites connected via WAN connections.
- Leverage technical abilities of engineers to make use of their skills and provide a challenge to help them to grow. Build on team's knowledge thus provide a more challenging environment.
- Designed project plan, managed resources engineers and server hardware and participated in the implementation for the roll-out of SMS/Antivirus distribution servers throughout all sites.
- Designed and implemented Systems Center Operations Manager 2007 infrastructure for both production and test environments. The production environment consists of multiple servers to proactive monitor 500 servers.
- Designed and built pre-production testing lab that include workstations and servers similar to the production environment. Microsoft Virtual Server was used without having to invest in additional hardware.
- Designed antivirus enterprise which included core and 30 sub-sites that will utilize AV servers reduce WAN traffic.
- Was site admin of two sites consisting of 450 users, Citrix servers, Domain controller, File/print and other servers. Enjoyed dealing with the users on a constant basis.
- Stabilized network and Active Directory database, configured SonicWall firewall with security rules and daily review of security logs.
- Created and led team which migrated users, computers and profiles from one AD forest to a different forest, shut-off old forest and implemented roaming profiles, policies for relocating the My Documents directory.
- Implemented site to site VPN using two SonicWall firewall devices thus linking site offices to the hub.
- Designed and implemented Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition for the management of virus related issues. Implemented the Exchange virus/spam filter for scanning email and a Quarantine system.
Systems Administrator / Project Manager
- Designed, implemented, documented and managed backup/recovery strategy using Computer Associates Arcserve 2000 and a Qualstar 8222 LTO Tape Library. The strategy was based on the Tower of Hanoi strategy with on-site and off-site storage.
- Migrated users and computers from old Windows NT Domain to a newer Windows 2000 Active Directory Forrest with focus on authentication and security. Secured shared resources and files using AD and logical user/ resource groups.
- Worked with team members to secure Microsoft IIS and FTP servers.
- Designed and implemented a proactive monitoring scheme utilizing Compaq Insight manager all Compaq Servers.
- Configured Compaq Proliant fileserver, computer troubleshooting, new systems purchased and implemented new technology.
- Managed aspects of client engagements, including initial client fact finding, final review of deliverables, and presentations to senior management
Senior Systems Engineer
Designed and maintained a Windows NT Multi-Domain model with usersand an assortment of operating systems. Microsoft SMS was used for inventory tracking. Managed a team of engineers on a project-by-project basis.
Windows 7, Windows 200x, Windows NT, Windows 9x/XP
Microsoft Office, Backup Exec, WordPerfect 5.1, CorelDraw, Symantec Norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, McAfee VirusScan/ePo
PC/Server HP/Compaq Proliant DELL PowerEdge servers based architecture.
Systems Center Configuration Manager SCCM 2012 2007, Systems Operations Manager 2007, Microsoft Exchange 5.5/2000, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Virtual Server
SonicWall Standard/Enhanced OS