- Developed project plan over 2 year period in migration of 10,000 Seat hospital from Novell to Microsoft leading a team of 15 technicians in the project to reduce helpdesk troubleshooting complexity and saving 800K per annum on licensing
- Managed 25M Line of Business that provides on-site data center services
- Architect and Engineered Hawkeye Global Network spanning 8 sites domestically and 5 international sites
- Led Staff training for 16 Major Hospital across the U.S, also including ACS Staff in Bangalore India on documentation, implementation and change management procedures
- Developed Disaster recovery plan to meet specifications of major banks located in the Charlotte NC area by utilization SAN Extension to extend SAN infrastructure approximately 100 miles and providing test and implementation procedures
- Interim Director during migration of critical infrastructure components during company split into 3 different entities. Defining processes and procedures and identifying contract associations in preparation for split
- Data Center Virtualization from 50P/50V to 100 Virtual reducing Electrical and cooling costs from 15 Circuits to 6 Circuits as well as drastically reducing server downtime by implementing HA with VCENTER
- Migration of 1400 Users to updated version of exchange experiencing zero downtime during the process. Consolidating PST files from users local machines to a centralized archive database and allowing online access to PST files Globally
- Implementation of SIP in conjunction with LYNC to reduce hard phone costs and remove antiquated phone systems that were replaced with soft phones
Network Engineering Expertise
- Accomplished, self-motivated, and highly knowledgeable IT systems engineer with a demonstrated record of achievement in working with clients andinternal staff.
- Ability to leverage comprehensive academic expertise to capitalize on the understanding of IT system requirements related to network development.
- Recognized for strong organizational and technical capabilities with a unique facility for implementing and comprehending new techniques and technologies.
- Readily pursues new challengesand strives to exceed expectations.
- Project Manager assigned to organizing and collaborating with team members on best practices and implementations and scheduling upgrades and changes in a minimal maintenance window for a global service provider
- Provide support for migration of Hawkeye Assets after acquisition by Publicis France and Vistex United States . Redesign Hawkeye Network in preparation for data and Virtual Machine transfers from Hawkeye to Publicis North American Data Center Re-Ip'ing remote sites around the globe and moving from an EIGRP to OSPF centric designas well as migrate Vistex assets to Chicago, IL and Madison, WI Data Center.
- Currently designing and building Chicago Datacenter using VMWare Enterprise Cloud Suite in conjunction with HP 7000 Blade Server in a collapsed core design using HP Comware switches with the deployment of VShield Security Gateway for native VM Firewall support and the deployment of Sophos Vshield Appliance for agentless antivirus support. Inclusive in the design consists of a Madison Wisconsin Disaster recovery Site using EMC Recovery Point for storage synchronization and VEEAM offsite backup's utilizing multiple internet circuits and internet providers for redundancy.
- Inventory of old datacenter and equipment and lead technicians on project plan to document and migrate old infrastructure to new Chicago Data center including circuit provisioning, exchange migration, AD migration and phone system migration.
- Working with Vendors on software licensing and circuit contracts as well as hardware purchases for new datacenter that is currently in progress.
Project Manager/Senior Systems Engineer
Provide new technical direction and improve current technologies for Hawkeye. Tasked with improving on current environment as well as developing a plan to move to the latest technologies in the most efficient manner while lowering costs and improving ROI. Provide upper management with technology vision for future growth with minimal recurring investment in infrastructure and hardware.
- Data Center Modernization
- Disaster Recovery
- Modernization of corporate backup
- Helpdesk revitalization
- Exchange 2007 to 2010 Migration Design and Implementation Lead engineer in design, implementation and migration of existing exchange 2007 system to Exchange 2010. Migration is in a co-existence scenario that allowed for slow migration of approximately 1400 users to new mail system. DAG Configuration for high availability. Archive Email configuration for migration of local PST's into Archive Mailbox database.
- Brightmail Gateway Configure and Maintain Brightmail Gateways
- Sophos Mail Appliance Configure and maintain Sophos Spam Filters.
- LYNC 2010/2013 Design and configuration of LYNC infrastructure to reduce hard phone footprint and reduce phone expenditures while enhancing communications abilities with company staff and federated vendors.
- VMWare H/A Design and Implementation Lead engineer in designing and implementing H/A failover and balancing of ESX hosts in a multi-site configuration using VCenter. Calculated VM sizing and VM priority failover identifying company priority resource to return online in the most efficient manner.
- Physical Server to VM Consolidation Migration of existing servers from physical SQL, IIS, File server to Virtual environment to reduce power consumption and circuit costs at datacenters from 12 Circuits to 6 Circuits reducing overall WAN circuit expenditures by 20 .
- HP Lefthand CMC Design and implementation of HP Left hand in a multi-site environment utilizing VIP's, FOM's, VSA, Midline and high end SAS Storage. Ensuring Failover of storage nodes at disaster recovery site and leveraging VSA storage for low cost data repositories saving overall storage by 25 by utilizing JBOD's for the lower end storage.
- Cisco 6509 Disaster Recovery Configured 6509 from VSS link high availability within COLO to single 10GB link between Charlotte and Greensboro datacenter for failover of individual collocation facility.
- Active Directory 2003 to 2008 migration Lead engineer in redesign of Active Directory environment and upgrade of environment.
- Escalation Engineer Provide escalation support for approximately 12 Technicians located around the globe including Poland and England.
- Day to Day Tasks Escalation Support. Maintain and troubleshoot Cisco environment. Maintain and troubleshoot VMware and Storage issues. Maintain and support WAN and LAN Environment MPLS and Site to Site VPN's . Maintain and support Email environment. Maintain and support WSUS infrastructure. Maintain and support Monitoring systems Nagios and Accelops . Maintaining and supporting Active Directory environment. Project lead and project management. Work with various hardware and software vendors on licensing contract renewals and identify cost saving. Working with Steering committee to provide new direction for company to reduce SLA impacts.
- Provide Project Management support for local companies ranging from 50 users to 2,000 users
- Provided Microsoft Exchange Support to local companies both large scale and small scale deployments including RPC over HTTPS proxy support for web based email access through full outlook client and Outlook web access for browser based email access.
- Presented disaster recovery solutions planning and documentation.
- Wireless site survey's providing vulnerability results to local IT staff for remediation. Wireless design documentation to maximize wireless efficiency.
- Windows 2008 Systems design and support.
- Windows 2008 SBS design and support
- Layer 2 and Layer 3 systems support. Troubleshooting and designing switch and router configuration in large and small scale environments
- Multiple firewall support including Cisco ASA, Watchguard, Sonicewall and Fortigate.
- VPN design and configuration including Lan-to-Lan, SOHO and remote access.
- Terminal server web design and implementation for Secure Remote Desktop access for browser based application access.
Senior Network Engineer
- Developed and implemented solutions to improve network reliability and performance with a major focus on Cisco and Microsoft systems.
- Collaborated with vendors to provide resolution to issues and design considerations, and to provide secure LAN-to-LAN capabilities for support. Vendors including Mckesson, Cerner, Toshiba Fuji PACS , Mysis and Allscripts.
- Staff Training of Onsite Personnel including 16 Major Hospitals in the U.S.A as well as traveling to India to instruct on Cisco best practices and HIPAA Compliance.
- Assisted multiple healthcare facilities providing Level 3 support for outages and daily issues.
- Collaborated with doctors and nursesin diagnosing and resolving network issues, resulting in exceptional patient care.
- Implemented Windows 2000/2003/2008in compliance with best policies and practices, in addition to DFS, FRS, WSUS, WDS, WINS, DHCP, DNS, GPO's and Trusts.
- Functioned as initial POC for site surveysand current state analysis and recommending solutions and/or best practices based off of the current state analysis.
- Microsoft Exchange Migration of Corporate Office and multiple hospital sites.
- Migrated NT 4.0 domains into 2000/2003 domains reducing shares, users, trusts management and environment complexity..
- Migrated Novell environments to Microsoft environments, eliminating the need for IPX/SPX and multiple client authentication on the desktop reducing helpdesk troubleshooting time by 50 and reducing overall system licensing and management costs.
- Collaborated with Design Engineers on WCS and WLSE configurations for wireless solutions migrating hospitals from autonomous AP infrastructure increasing management capabilities and reducing IOS and upgrade configuration times. Standardized configurations for Tablet and COWS Computers on Wheels .
- Implemented IDS SNORT for pro-active monitoring of threats internal and external utilizing NETOPTICS Taps as passive interface monitoring points at strategic network ingress and egress points.
- Implemented Websense and IPrism for web content filtering improving bandwidth utilization and increasing work productivity.