- 8 years client-facing Project Manager leading cross-functional project teams in a matrix environment for a program in excess of 27MM annually.
- 20 years managing contract deliverables, schedule, status reporting, client expectations, budget, and supervision of professional staff.
- 1.5 years Scrum/Agile Manager with on-shore/off-shore software development teams.
- Proficient in use of MS Project, MS Office, SharePoint, JIRA, JoinMe, WebEx, CostPoint.
Recent Management Experience
- Project Manager for multiple concurrent technology projects using Waterfall/Agile methodologies.
- Lead two development teams in delivering enhancements to internal software applications.
- Facilitate project planning, status update meetings, and team communication using a variety of project management tools.
- Lead development teams in converting a large scoring project from Waterfall to Agile format.
- Assisted Product Owner to develop a project plan and successfully deliver phase I of a distributed scoring system using VDI technology.
- Coached the Product Owner and facilitated the process of developing and prioritizing a Product Backlog, drafted Project Charter, facilitated Level of Effort estimation with the development team for the Phase II release of the distributed scoring system.
- Client-facing manager responsible for delivery of on-time and high quality products and services to meet contractual obligations via cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Responsible for complete project management lifecycle, from contract award through project planning, initiation, implementation, and control.
- Supervised program management staff, managed contract budgets, and monitored project changes through change order process.
- Established positive working relationships with clients, internal and external staff, subcontractors, and consultants.
- In 2008, named Assistant Project Director for the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System MCAS , a five-year, 135MM contract.
- Conducted internal workflow and operational process analysis to identify and implement process improvement opportunities that lead to reduced overage and significant saving to the operational costs.
- Participated in RFP review and proposal development for several statewide contract opportunities.
- Responsible for overall program operation and performance including organizational development, financial accountability, business development, strategic planning, and staff development.
- Ensured compliance with University operational policies and procedures, and coordination with University initiatives.
- Conducted business development activities to acquire new worksites.
- Consulted with business principals to identify the educational needs and wrote proposals for delivery of services.
- Networked with business community and University organizations to promote awareness of University programs.
- Assisted businesses in securing supplemental funding to support workforce development programs.
- Expanded worksites and deliverable content by actively participating in the design, delivery, and evaluation of educational programming.
- Lead the development and implementation of educational workshops, presentations, panel discussions, and conferences on workforce development issues.