- IT professional with over 30 years technical and managerial experience as a consultant and direct employee background is mainly in manufacturing operations, telecom and utilities. Most recent assignments dealt primarily with migrating systems to server-based platforms.
- Familiar with most IBM and similar software, operating systems and database architectures, including IMS batch/online , CICS, DB2, SQL, COBOL and MQ Series. Fluent in MS Office products and PC desktop software including Microfocus COBOL and UFOS PC-based database system . Extensive user interface and presentation experience.
Lead Programmer Analyst
Responsible for developing a strategy and directing the migration of 20 mainframe systems to a server-based data warehouse, for the purpose of eliminating mainframe dependency. First consultant on the project established the process for identifying and tracking mainframe systems to be migrated. Once this phase was completed, co-workers were added to complete the ETL process for each identified system. Software tools included mainframe COBOL, IMS/DB2, IBM and in-house utilities, MS Office products Word, Excel, Powerpoint and FTP Pro to promote migration data to common share drives. Meetings, detailed analysis and programming, and reporting to Sikorsky's Project Manager were all completed in a fluid and efficient manner, with the project being completed on time. References available upon request.
- As general consultant to a mid-size IT shop, helped support maintenance and new product development for RWA's Billing Operations and Meter Reading activities. Work was in both batch and online environments using UFOS DB technology and DOS/Animator for Microfocus PC-based COBOL development.
- In early 2009, assumed the role of migration P/A to help promote billing data to an SAP-based replacement platform. Helped develop an overall migration strategy, and wrote 30 migration programs following SAP standards. Successful go-live was in Sept 2010.
Project Leader, Project Manager
Responsible for creating and coordinating development teams for maintenance and special projects in ATT's Centralized Billing Application CBT . Teams included AMDOCS and offshore resources, formed with a long term goal of general system turnover. These efforts met with great success, with operational costs dropping by 30 in a short period of time. Project management was coordinated under EXPRESS, a Six Sigma methodology. The team's first effort, the design, implementation and migration to an invoice ready-based billing platform, was successfully installed in August 2005. Promoted to Project Manager of Billing Operations shortly thereafter.
Led an offshore team of 5 in revamping Pitney Bowes' Order Entry/Processing system. Investigated and promoted the use of MQ Series to a CICS/DB2-based mainframe system to initiate realtime processing of field-generated orders, customer data requests and pricing downloads, greatly improving overall system accuracy. Expanded management visibility into order processing by developing real-time systems for executive sales reporting, projected vs. actuals, and promotions tracking.
Consultant Y2K Project Leader/Manager
Senior member of management team charged with developing the overall remediation strategy for West Haven systems also responsible for planning the merger of cleansed files with other Bayer divisions. Subsequently joined technical conversion team for remediation of online CICS/DB2, IMS DB/DC and MS Access processes.
Consultant Y2K Project Leader
Member of Y2K management team responsible for developing project strategy, timelines, schedules, tracking/reporting procedures and interfacing with legal/audit departments. Primary remediation responsibilities were in CICS/DB2-based HR and Comptroller systems. All efforts were completed on time and under budget.
Consultant Y2K Programmer Analyst
Programmer/Analyst on team responsible for identifying programs, procs, etc. requiring Y2K remediation over multiple applications. Used MS Access and PC/SPF Pro for discovery/remediation, also designed and wrote multiple IMS conversion programs for date key expansion.
Consultant Project Analyst
In preparation for plant's closing, helped migrate various DB-based manufacturing systems CICS/DB2 from Stratford to Phoenix-based mainframes. Was also part of team responsible for migrating INSCI's mainframe-based HR system to PeopleSoft, and wrote multiple download/conversion programs in support of this effort.
Consultant Project Leader
- Project leader in the transfer of billing responsibility of AT T messages back to AT T. Had technical and administrative responsibility over 6 consultants position also involved frequent interfacing with SNET and AT T management. Transition was completed smoothly and on time.
- Later joined SNET's Toll/Guiding group in a lead maintenance role, successfully completing various projects and enhancements using COBOL, IMS and DB2.
Consultant Project Leader
Project Leader in developing Tool Management systems for Durable and Perishable Tooling, with each effort spanning multiple years. Responsible for analysis of current procedures, designing new systems and creating detailed database structures. Both systems were developed using COBOL and IMS DB/DC on IBM 390 mainframes. Referral letters available on request.