Over thirty-seven years of experience as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, JAD Facilitator, and Business Process Reengineering consultant utilizing Agile and Waterfall methodology . Possesses a vast amount of experience in managing large business process reengineering projects, performing business analysis, systems design tasks and managing the development of various business applications. Extensive expertise with Financial Applications, Check Processing Systems, Insurance, Publications, Transportation Management, Fuel Delivery , Inventory Control, Data Warehouses, Data Integrity, Municipal Government, Education, and Human Services Systems, Children's Services, Yourdon DeMarco and Gane and Sarson Structured Analysis Techniques, Case Tools, Data and Process Modeling, Data Analysis, Object Oriented Analysis, Joint Applications Design Sessions JAD , Business Process Reengineering BPR , Business Area Analysis BAA , Enterprise Resource Planning ERP , Use Case Analysis, Object Modeling, Quality Assurance Procedures and Guidelines, Technical Training, and System Development Life Cycles SDLC , Web Infrastructure and WEB site design. Extensive SACWIS experience in requirements definition, application, data mart, and reporting specifications and design.
Sun Sparc, Unix, NT, IBM 370 Series, IBM 3033, 4341 GroupII, IBM 4381, IBM PS/2 55, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95, Burroughs 7700, 6700, 4700, 1955, 1800, S1500, S3000, Wang VS 100, AT T 6300, 6310, and Oracle Database, RSA Security, Power Builder, Visual Basic, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, Oracle, N-Tier Architecture, CITRIX, CURAM
RSA Security Software, I-Planet, Oracle, COBOL, FORTRAN, OS/MVS, CPCS, TSO/SPF, PANVALET, IDMS, ADS/O, Alpha Three, IBM PC/DOS, OS/2 2.0, Windows 3.x, Windows NT, ME, 2K, IBM Token Ring LAN, MicroFocus Workbench, XDB, IMS, Stingray, PC CICS, Intersolve APS, PVCS Version Control, HTML, JAVA , MS SharePoint
PRODUCTIVITY and CASE TOOLS:
Excelerator, LBMS Systems Engineer, ADW, Systems Architect, Bachman, ERwin/ERX, Design Aid, Harvard Graphics, PowerPoint, Project Workbench, Microsoft Excel, allClear, Word Perfect, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express, PVCS, Maintenance Workbench, Revolve, VISIO, Lotus Notes, Lotus CC Mail, Clear: Access, Corporate Time, Platinum Data Repository, Case Wise Corporate Modeler, COGNOS Power Play and Impromptu, Documentum / Eroom, Borland Caliber, Use Case Documentation, MS SharePoint, MEGA Modeling Tool
As a Senior Project Manager who was responsible for the development of the process flow diagrams and related detailed documentation for all Amtrak Fire Life Safety Systems FLSS Teams Emergency Incidents. These models were used to develop formal emergency action plans and procedures. Was responsible for the development and delivery of the FLSS Emergency Training Course and Emergency Drills for all Amtrak Fire Life Safety Systems Staff. Conducted numerous user interviews with FLS Staff to gather the information required for the development of the process flow models.
- Served as the Project Manager / QA Lead / Business Process Reengineering Consultant who was responsible for developing the As-Is Business Models of the banks back office operations in New York, Orlando and Miami. Upon completion of the As-Is Models developed the To-be Models with the inclusion of the banks new back office application Flexcube. Upon completion of the models a Gap Analysis was performed to identify business process improvements and gaps.
- Was also responsible for coordinating, managing the development as well as the monitoring the development for all UAT Test Cases used for Flexcube and Systems Integration Testing. Oversaw the testers located in New York, Orlando and Miami.
- Managed and performed the analysis and development of the Business Requirements Documents BRD for the consolidation and migrating of over three hundred operational reports to OBIE. Requirements were collected through facilitated sessions with the various business units. Project served to reduce the total number of reports by forty percent while improving the quality of information being reported. Report requirements were developed for the Accounting, Compliance, Internal Auditing, Treasury Front and Back Office, Risk, and Payment Departments.
- Served as a Business and Technical Liaison who interfaced with the Treasury Front Office Staff, and the Flexcube IT Team. Was responsible for the management and coordination, implementation, training and support of the Siena Treasury Front office System. Managed the implementation of the Reuters product IKON that was used to provide Siena with real-time market rates. Developed user requirements documents that contained details of the current business rules and operational processes.
- Was responsible for establishing a PMO / QA for the Business Units to insure that the operational functional requirements were being addressed and met. Documented and monitored all project issues and risks and followed up on their resolution with both the IT Teams and vendors.
- Was responsible for documenting the requirements for SWAP Trades as per the new Dodd / Frank regulations. Performed a market scan of providers who were able to meet those requirements and asked the finalists to present their systems and processes.
- Was then responsible for coordinating the installation and training of both the Tradeweb and Bloomberg software Systems for the Treasury Traders as part of adhering to the Dodd Frank regulations for SEF trades.
- Development test cases for the Siena Treasury Trading system that was to be implemented for front office Treasury Trading. Was responsible for monitoring and documenting all test results and communicating issues to both the in-house technical staff and the vendors. Interfaced with representative from Reuters to interface their market data application IKON with the Siena product.
- As part of the requirements gathering process was responsible for identifying and documenting data access, and process access security profiles by department, and job function.
- Conducted data analysis and mapping exercises with IT and users comparing existing reporting data to the data contained in the new incoming systems.
- Was responsible for coordinating and documenting business requirements for the banks Payment Process Interface with the Egifts Payments Systems. The requirements were used to identify how all SWIFT, CHIPS, and Fed Wire payments needed to be passed from Flexcube to EGifts.
- Was responsible for identify new data and reporting requirements for Reg Reporter.
- Conducted a data analysis effort in attempts to map the data from the legacy systems to the planned systems database to insure that all data is available for compliance reporting.
Served as the Project Manager within the Dealer Technology and Vehicle Systems Group who was responsible for managing projects that focused on Sales Incentive Reporting, Improving and Modernizing the Dealer Sales processes. Also served as the BPMN Advisor, Consultant Architect who interfaced with the JLR Technical Architecture Team based in the UK with the designing of an integrated Enterprise SAP Solution for North America Jaguar / Land Rover. Additional responsibilities included for the management, planning, development and execution of BPM Plans for the study of the business processes performed by the JLR North America Dealerships.
Was responsible for managing the off shore developers and act as a liaison between the business users and the technical teams. Other responsibilities included maintain and monitoring the project plans and providing senior management with weekly status reports.
- Served as a Project Manager who was responsible for monitoring the project tasks, activities, time, and cost associated with the Functional Roadmap for the redesign of the New York State Welfare System WMS . As the manager of the Technical Team was responsible for managing the development of the proposed enterprise architecture model, conducted a review of the current enterprise applications inventory, developed detailed application diagrams of several of the major applications, and developed a well-documented enterprise-wide applications portfolio. Was responsible for overseeing the development of the conceptual and logical data models that would support the business functions associated with the OTDA BIT Business Applications.
- Functioned as a facilitator for business process analysis sessions whose scope to document the functional business process associated with the State Payment System BICS. Was responsible for documenting business data, processing and rules requirements.
- Functioned as the Team Manager of the OTDA BIT Applications Inventory project, was responsible for conducting interviews with key IT Staff, facilitating application review sessions and developing and updating the applications inventory documentation which consisted of MEGA Application Tree and Environment Diagrams as well as detailed descriptions of the applications platform, business owners, and its users.
- Interfaced with the NYS OTDA SharePoint Administrator to define and develop Team SharePoint sites for posting and sharing project deliverables and requirement tracking.
- Functioned as a Technical Liaison to the Enterprise Architecture whose function was to develop a new Technical Enterprise that insured that all business applications could be interwoven to provide easy access and reduce IT service redundancies used by the many business users. All project tasks and activities were tracked utilizing MS Project.
- Conducted a data mapping effort of the Human Services Data housed at the State to the data requirements of the individual NY Counties.
Served as the Requirements and Business Process Reengineering Project Manager assigned to the Special Education Information Systems Team SESIS , who was responsible for developing user requirements, user stories, and use cases that for the Special Education Case Management, Document Management System. These requirements were later used by the application developers for developing the Placement Generator and Placement Module. Responsibilities included conducting and facilitating user requirements elaborations session and functional walkthroughs. This system was built using the MAXIMUS TIENET Application. Was also responsible for conducting many executive requirement walkthrough sessions where the use cases, and requirements were reviewed to obtain user approval and signoff. All project tasks and activities were tracked utilizing MS Project.
- Served as the Technical Architect and Business Process Reengineering Manager assigned to the NYS OTDA's Functional Roadmap Project FRM Project, and who was responsible for collecting and documenting the details of all business processes performed and applications utilized by the state and Local Departments of Social Services to support a wide range of programs, including public health insurance/medical assistance programs, cash assistance, child care, food stamps, home energy assistance, protective services for adults, and domestic violence/support services. This information was used for the development of the Functional Information Business Requirements Analysis Document FBIRA . Included in the development of the FBIRA was the creation of a RTM Requirements Traceability Matrix documenting both the existing and new requirements necessary to develop a single integrated web-based Health and Human Services automated eligibility system. Developed a detailed inventory of the Local District Applications, which will serve to aid the State in identifying the applications that exist across the counties as well as detailed As-Is and To-Be Business Process Models .
- Responsible for leading interviews with State and local district IT staff to document and develop a detailed understanding of how they performed their roles across 42 functional areas of operations for Health and Human Services Programs, including reception, screening, budgeting, verification, eligibility determination and renewals.
- Was also responsible for conducting the Quality Assurance reviews of all project documentation, including As Is and To Be Process Model Diagrams and artifacts produced by the team for presentation to the client. Assisted in the development of the As-Is and To-Be models in the MEGA Modeling Tool.
- Served as part of the team assigned the task of developing the GAP Analysis of the As Is as compared to the To Be environments. Was responsible for the development of the sections of the GAP Analysis Report that focused on technology and requirements gaps.
- Served as a PMQA Project Manager who was responsible for coordinating the efforts of a PMQA team who monitored the efforts of both the State and contracting staff in conducting a state wide business process reengineering study of various social service programs under the State Functional Roadmap Project FRM formally referred to as SWMS. The team was responsible for the review of all of the vendor's staff's project deliverables which included the As-Is and To-Be process diagrams and monitoring and reporting project risks and conducting risk assessments.
- Was also responsible for managing and directing the QA reviews of the agencies staff and consulting team's efforts in the development of the OTDA Enterprise Architecture and Enterprise Architecture Governance projects.
- Responsible for managing a QA Team who was responsible for monitoring the states efforts for development and implementation of document scanning via the I/EDR and OSS Projects..
- Served as a PMQA Project Manager who was responsible for coordinating the efforts of PMQA team who were monitoring the development efforts of a large systems integrator as part of the development of a new Juvenile Access Support System. This system was a component of the City of New York's HHS-Connect project that was to provide data sharing across Human Services Agencies.
- Served as a Project Manager / Business Process Reengineering Consultant / Work Flow Analyst who was responsible for studying the current operational business processes of the agency and developing the As is Processes Diagrams and supporting documentation. Once the documentation was completed the proposed recommended reengineered process diagrams were developed as functional specifications and requirements for a Systems Integrator as the To Be business processes. Was responsible for conducting numerous Joint Application Design Sessions and user interviews, served to identify the current business processes to develop the As-Is view of the organization. This As-Is view along with the user requirements was used by the reengineering effort to develop the To-Be environment. Project deliverables included numerous work flows, detailed documentation and system requirements and specifications for the proposed environment. The proposed system solution is to be developed on the Curam database framework and replace the current CJIS System.
- Was responsible for performing an in-depth analysis of the current CJIS Application to document its current functionality.
As a Part Time Senior Functional Analyst with a KPMG Quality Assurance Review Team, was responsible for conducting several technical reviews and evaluations of the functional specifications developed for the State of new Jersey's Child Support Enforcement System. The purpose of this effort was to insure that the system is being developed according to the functional specifications and user requirements as defined by the user community and that it will both the Federal and State guidelines.
Functioned as a Senior Analyst Part Time who interfaced directly with the Administration of Children and Families ACF in Washington D.C. for the purpose of developing the SACWIS Cost Benefit Analysis Reports for fiscal years 2005, 2006, 2007. Reported directly to the agencies CIO, and the SACWIS Application Development Manager.
- At this assignment Functioned as a Senior Business Process Re-engineering Analyst / User Liaison, who reported to the Vice President of Southern Operations, the IT Director and CFO. Was entrusted with the responsibility of performing a detailed analysis of the existing Heating Oil Distribution processes and all of their supporting business application systems. Was solely responsible for developing the strategic business plans that contained recommendation for replacing and existing business applications and manual processes. Developed all Use Case documentation for the application development effort. Designed, and managed the development of several applications which aided in improving data integrity, controlled and monitored fuel inventories across the many operations regions, improved data accuracy across the many operations systems, implemented many new management analysis and reporting tools, and improved the business processes performed by the regional offices.
- Managed the application development effort to insure they adhered to the companies approved SDLC guidelines. Developed the requirements and systems design for an Inventory Control Reconciliation application that aided the corporate comptroller's ability to perform the month end close out and provided automated exception reporting that improved control across the regions.
- Was responsible for acting as the IT liaison between Heating Oil Partners and Jacobus Energy the front end system service bureau in communicating requirements, and discussing issues and problems the operations staff encountered.
- All project plans were development and monitored using MS Project all applications were developed using MS Visual Basic with a MS SQL Databases backend.
Functioned as a Senior Business Analyst / Project Manager who was responsible for interviewing users, gathering and documenting the user requirements for the development of a new drug product development and tracking internal web application. The application was developed in and customized using all Microsoft SharePoint development tools, .NET, with a MS SQL Server database backend. Was also responsible for developing the User Manuals and maintaining the requirements document libraries in Documentum /Eroom and Borland's Caliber product.
As part of a management consultant team served as JAD Facilitator, project leader, senior business / systems analyst who was responsible for examining and analyzing all of the agencies business area and their support systems for child services. The project objective was to develop an Enterprise Wide GAP Analysis Report, which would identify data and process redundancies and business process re-engineering opportunities across the agency. The team was also responsible for the development of the agencies long range IT Program Driven Strategic Plan. Was responsible for developing and overseeing the project plan using MS Project.
- Was responsible for researching the business requirements and the development of an RFI Request for Information for a Patient Management and Psychotropic Drug Tracking System for all of the DCF managed mental health facilities. The RFI contained detailed descriptions of the agencies requirements and existing workflows.
- Functioning as a data modeler and data analyst designed data models and performed data mapping to production data for the development of a Child Behavioral Services Data Mart.
- Acted as a business analysis / management consultant who report to the agency CIO and was responsible for gathering and documenting user requirements and developing application design and specification documents for the SACWIS system.
- As project manager and process re-engineering expert was responsible for conducting JAD Sessions and interviews with all businesses units within the agency to identify the current business process flows and data inventory. Was responsible for the development of Enterprise Wide Process and Data Models, which identified automation and business process improvement opportunities. Developed project presentations to senior agency management complete with project timelines and cost estimates.
- Acted as the LINK SACWIS, State Wide Child Welfare Information System who was responsible re-engineering and process streamlining analyst. Was also responsible for identifying areas of the software application, which could be modified to improve user interaction and workflow. Served as the primary interface to the agencies research consortium to design an agency Data Warehouse of Child Services Information. Completed an Enterprise Agency Wide Study of all of the services functions within the Department of Children and families. Worked closely with the agency architect in the planning and design for a Visionary Architecture for long term migration of their Mainframe based SACWIS System and proposed Business Applications for the other agencies service areas, i.e. Behavioral Health, Education, IV-E Claiming, and Educational Services.
- All analysis and design documents that contained process flow and data flow diagrams or entity relationship diagrams were developed using Visio.
- As a senior consultant was responsible for developing the SACWIS Cost Benefit Analysis Report for the Federal Governments Administration of Children and Families ACF for the fiscal years 1994 to 2004. Was responsible for designing the document, developing the financial reports, and conducting the fiscal research using legacy applications and archived paper documents.
- Was responsible for conducting a data analysis and inventory of the agency's data stores and designing a data roadmap that would aid the agency in planning and designing client centric data marts.
- Functioned as a Senior Requirements Analyst assigned to a Child Services Data Warehouse Team who was responsible for gathering and documenting user requirements for statistical and management reports. Conducted JAD Sessions with a Management Groups of Child Services Data Warehouse Users who came from across the State of New York to define their reporting and data warehouse needs. All reports were developed using COGNOS Power Play and Impromptu Tools. Requirements were collected at Requirement Definition Sessions. Was responsible for defining user data and reporting requirements for Adoption Services AMS , Foster Care Services, Youth Services Juvenile Justice , Welfare Management System Purchased Services WRTS Welfare Management System WMS , Benefits Issuance and Control System BICS and Child Case Management CCRS , and the SACWIS System Connections. Served as the group liaison that interfaced with other development teams to identify impacts on the Data Warehouse. All requirement documents were developed using MS Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Was responsible for the development and maintenance of all project plans developed in MS Project , developing weekly and monthly management project summary reports and conducting user surveys and conducting end user and management project presentations.
- Was responsible for defining, developing and implementing the Data Warehouse Groups Systems Development Methodology SDLC . Conducted a detailed workflow study of how reports and data marts were development and through the SDLC improved the process of applications development and delivery.
- Acted as a liaison to the Connections SACWIS Application Team with the purpose of identifying data changes that would either impact or by required for reporting by the Data Warehouse built upon an Oracle 9i platform.
- All analysis and design documents that contained process flow and data flow diagrams or entity relationship diagrams were developed using Visio.
- Was responsible for designing logical data models, which were used to drive the physical design of the Oracle Star Schema Data Warehouse tables.
- As the Project and Budget Manger of the Head Start automation effort was responsible for the overall management and reporting of the twenty two million dollar Head Start IT Project Budget. Functioned as a liaison to the various hardware and software development vendors and recorded their monthly invoices and applied them to the budget to maintain the budget balance and report to management the monthly expanses via a budget burn rate report.
- Served as a senior management consultant, strategic planner, technical team leader, and tactical project manager who were responsible for identifying the user requirements of Head Start Central Administration as well as the requirements of the various Head Start Service Providers. This project was part of a citywide re-engineering effort for child services. Responsibilities included conducting user interviews, JAD sessions and the development of detailed requirements and systems functions document. Was also responsible for the development of the RFPs' used for the acquisition of software solutions. Developed project plans, identifying hardware needs, proposing the technical platforms, and developing project budget projections. Served as a management consultant and JAD facilitator who were responsible for conducting several user requirement JAD sessions with various Child Protection Units throughout New York City. Was responsible for documenting the current workflows and identifying business processes improvement opportunities and application needs.
- Work on an agency wide task force who was responsible for creating a Child Services Data Warehouse Data Model and data collection and population plan.
- Was responsible for gathering and documenting requirements and workflows for the ACS / Head Start Architects. Developed a requirements document for the acquisition of a CAD /CAM application which could be used to capture and maintain the physical plant blueprints of the over two hundred and ten Head Start locations throughout the City of New York. Conducted research on available software packages and arranged product demonstrations.
- Conducted a detailed analysis and workflow study and use case analysis on the Head Start Student Enrollment Tracking and Reporting Processes and developed detailed users requirements document for a Head Start Student Management System. Worked with Head Start service providers and City Administrators in evaluating various School Based Management Systems.
- Was directly responsible for the development of the RFP's Request for Proposals for acquiring a vendor for the construction and installation of the Head Start Network and for the development and implementation of the Head Start Staff Tracking System. All process and workflow diagrams were developed using Visio and Case Wise Corporate Modeler.
- Conducted research into the acquisition of Web Based Learning Systems, which would be used in the Head Start Classrooms for interactive education.
- Developed all process model de-composition, and data model diagrams using the Corporate Modeler CASE Tool. Was also responsible for training other analyst in performing process modeling and diagramming using the product.
- Was responsible for managing the applications development efforts of several vendors. Managed the design and development of the Head Start Web Network infrastructure and Intranet Web Site, Head Start Delegate Agency Staff / Personnel Tracking System, and the Head Start Facilities Construction / Renovation Project Tracking System All applications were developed using JSP Applications with Oracle 9i Databases. Utilized N-Tier methodology in the design of the Head Start Network. Developed and managed all project plans and resources using MS Project. Was also responsible for trouble shooting the network and managing client support, providing end user training on the application.
- Was responsible for designing and managing the development of the NYC Head Start Content Management application. This application was developed using JAVA and Oracle 9.0 as the database engine. Its purpose was to provide the Central Administration with a tool that could be used to post Forms, Flyers, Procedures, Policies, Memos and other information on the Head Start Web Site. The documents made available by this tool were accessed by the over two hundred and forty Head Start Contract Providers. The application development effort followed stringent SDLC guidelines to insure the development of a quality product.
- Functioned as the manager of the Head Start Network Data Center who was responsible for insuring that all network equipment was up a running, all service contracts were in force, and developed procedures and guidelines for the reporting and repairing of end user equipment.
- The Head Start WEB served as a communication link to the two hundred Head Start Centers across New York City and its five boroughs. Was also responsible for the design of the Oracle Databases and their integration.
- Was responsible for conducting user training on the use of MS Project, Power Point, Word, Excel, Access, and the business applications that were developed. Developed all user guides using MS Word.
- Functioned as a liaison with other inter-agency teams to oversee the integration of other back office and Web applications and thier-associated databases.
- Was responsible for managing the data center staff, and field support staff who traveled across the five boroughs training users and resolving technical issues.
- Developed strategic plans and objectives for expanded use of automation across the agency. Was responsible for developing MIS Project documentation and deliverable standards.
- Was responsible for managing the deployment and installation of over five hundred workstation to Head Start Centers located across the five boroughs. Managed and coordinates all user training and desktop software installation.
- Conducted a detailed analysis, workflow study and use case analysis on the Head Start Grant Application Process. The project concluded with the development of a detailed system and database design document.
- Conducted a detailed analysis, workflow study and use case analysis on the Head Start Financial Distribution and Reporting Process. The project concluded with the development of a detailed system and database design document. All analysis and design documents that contained process flow and data flow diagrams or entity relationship diagrams were developed using Visio or Case Wise Corporate Modeler.