- Infragistcs Telerik controls, ASP.NET,WinForm,WPF/XAML,TCP/IP Sockets,WCF, Leadtools 13.0, NUnit, NAnt, FxCop, LINQ, Netbeans.
- SQL Server 2000-2012, Sybase, MySQL 5.5, Oracle, IBM DB2,Microsoft Access 2010, Quest Toad, PL/SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, SSIS, TFS, GIT, Clearcase, PVCS, CVS. Windows NT-2012, Solaris, AIX, Linux.
Sr. Software Engineer
- Member of the FL Debit team. Responsible for maintaining the company's primary debit/credit transaction processing system. All development is in C and STL on AIX 7.1 and SUSE 11.1 Linux.
- Added features to the FLDEBIT system. Fixed defects and satisfied customer requests using C/C , GCC 4.9.1 and DB2 10.5.
- Developed a test system for QA department using GCC C , TCP/IP Sockets and FLTK GUI Framework .
- Tasked to perform a thorough review of several existing systems developed as Microsoft Access desktop applications. Extending existing systems with immediately needed features. Designed new replacement systems, using C ASP.NET SSRS and SQL Server 2012, based on current applications/databases. Add new features as with new capabilities that will scale well.
- Created design documentation for new systems and created agile project with stories using RallyDev. Trained IT staff members on agile methodology.
- Developed several ASP.NET applications in C and converted existing access databases to SQL Server 2012.
- Hired FT .NET developer DBA to participate in development and ongoing support and feature requests.
- Created several crystal reports of monthly performance and operational statistics.
Sr. Software Architect, Data Architect
- Designed and implemented a backend SQL databases and transaction management solution for the company's key 100K seat desktop management product. Standardized on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Responsible for providing database design and functional changes to support new product feature requirements. Implemented upgrade to SQL Server 2012, updating existing code with new features.
- Utilized ERWin to design both logical and physical layers using UML. Implementing a secure physical data layer using roles, stored procedures, triggers and check constraints,
- Designed and Implemented an ACL layer and Role Based Administration rules engine for customer's to delegate access within their organizational units. User accounts are directly tied to Active Directory users and groups.
- Created sharepoint sites, for internal use, containing team project information, build statuses and knowledgebase articles.
- Developed a state full .NET object model in C that the legacy MFC application loads as a COM callable wrapper.
- Created standardized DAL framework, in C , using standard design patterns and OO concepts. Developed ASP.NET web services layer to provide external access for client applications outside corporate firewalls.
- Contributed to several porting projects from C /MFC to C WinForms with Infragistics controls.
- Created WinForms user control component for the management console in C that manages backend services.
- Added features to distributed system which worked with LDAP in Redhat Linux envorenment.
- Developed in house Build Management System using WPF WCF.
- Developed an ETL extract, transform and load service in C to collect all client system and activity data from their authenticating DC. The service is heavily multithreaded and makes use of a custom thread handler, i.e. not the thread pool. A rules module transforms cryptic system data into reporting database using deterministic transform logic.
- Contributed to SCRUM Agile project management workflow implementation and standards.
- Designed and developed backend solution for extracting and transforming data between 2 commercial software systems Vicidial Call Center Suite and VTiger CRM. Both packages are installed on a RedHat server and have their own MySQL databases.
- Designed a scalable data model that was implemented in both databases to support the required enhancements.
- Backend workflow was accomplished entirely within the database using SQL stored procedures and triggers to perform the required data manipulation. Jobs are scheduled based on time intervals as well as initiated by database triggers i.e. monitoring specific tables for expected activity.
- Provided ongoing support assistance with maintenance and specific reporting requests.
Senior Software Engineer / Data Architect Consultant
- Worked with team of developers and application experts to defined technical and operational requirements for next generation system.
- Utilized ER/Win data modeler in an Oracle environment and continued to fill the role as development DBA.
- Developed a generic Data Abstraction Layer for a ASP.NET Web Application in C , using advanced design patterns e.g. Proxy/Facade.
- Designed custom exception management framework, extending the Microsoft Exception Management Application Block.
- Developed Oracle Module for DAL in C and Oracle's .NET provider as well all packages, stored procedures and triggers in PL/SQL.
- Designed architectural for a stable, yet scalable, development environment. Utilized NAnt, FxCop, NUnit and NDoc.
- The Oracle server ran on Red Hat Linux. Responsible for setting up and managing the Linux machines.
Senior Software Engineer Consultant
- Developed a treasury services financial system using WinForms, C , XML, ADO.NET, Infragistics controls, Multithreading and SQL Server.
- Migrated several 16 Bit Win16/MFC financial client-server applications to N-Tier architecture using .NET and C and SQL Server 2000.
- Ported C to .NET WinForms.
- Refined SQL data model to make use of constraints and normalization.
- Provided project management coordination with off-shore resources in India.
Senior Software Engineer Team Lead Consultant
- Ported several Win32/MFC ID Issuance client-server applications to .NET using C , XML, Remoting, WinForms, Interop, LeadTools and SQL Server.
- Designed and developed a demonstration system that includes all of the options and security features that are available. This system is developed in .NET using C , WinForms, Multi-threaded, ADO.NET, XML, Leadtools, Visionics, Identix and SQL Server 2000.
- Participated on the design and development of several large government digital ID systems. All of these systems are on Windows NT or 2000 and developed in Visual C COM, ADO, XML, Leadtools, and several biometric security features i.e. facial, finger print recognition. The RDBS used varied from SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 and Informix. Performed additional work on Sun Solaris Ent. Server.
- Designed a real-time, multithreaded, application to perform centralized ID issuance for the State of Virginia. This system would communicate to the MVS mainframe system and client systems using a variety of technologies e.g. DCOM, TCP/IP Sockets. Image processing was implemented using Leadtools12 SDK. Load Balancing was achieved using a combination of DCOM and native TCP/IP Socket APIs.
- Developed Image Server to be used on Sun Servers in C, TCP/IP Sockets. Developed client module to be used in Windows environment in C , MFC, COM, TCP/IP Sockets.
- Informix database in a Solaris environment/ platform.
Senior Software Engineer Consultant
- Participated on development of Page Manager, a part of media publishing product for the newspaper industry.
- Assisted in streamlining Middle Tier, a collection of C ATL COM objects.
Senior Software Engineer Team Lead
- Managed a team of 4 consultants that developed an MFC Extension DLL that provides, semiconductor equipment specific, serial as well as Socket communication. Participated in the design and implementation, using Rational Rose, advanced design patterns, and STL.
- Designed and developed remote monitoring and control application that communicates with a NT server Semiconductor QA System. This was a SDI MFC application, which uses DCOM and TCP/IP Sockets for communication to the host. A connection point interface was used for server side push of information.
- Developed a real-time multithreaded Windows NT server application that communicates with spectrometers, mass spectrometers, and semiconductor manufacturing equipment. After analyzing data at regular intervals, the results are applied to statistical models to determine fault tolerance limits. Developed in Visual C MFC , with ATL, DCOM, MAPI, ADO, SQL Server, MTS.
- Responsible for researching new technologies.
Software Engineer Consultant
- Participated on the SmartStream ERP Software team. Technologies used included Visual C 5.0, MFC, Sybase, SQL Server 6.5, Rogue Wave Tools.h and IBM MQSeries
- Ported and Extended OLE Automation Servers on the middle tier.
- Developed general database classes, using Rogue Wave Tools.h.