Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer, PMI certified IT Project Manager, ITIL Certified IT Administrator, Cisco Certified Network Associate and Citrix Certified XenApp Administrator experienced in managing server infrastructures and data-center operations across multiple platforms. Excellent communication skills with ability to manage and work directly with staff, clients and vendors in a proactive, win-win manner while emphasizing organizational goals and objectives.
Server Administrator / Network Engineer / IT Project Manager
Windows Server Administrator for a multi-state business to business channel optimization company. Directly administered Windows Server 2012 Active Directory infrastructure including SQL Server 2012, Exchange Server 2007, VMware ESXI 5.5, Citrix XenApp 6.5, SAP Business One, SharePoint 2013 and Microsoft Office 365. Responsible for the daily operations of an enterprise-wide SharePoint Team Site which included developing custom sites and workflows using Visio, InfoPath and SharePoint Designer. Reported to COO regarding the development of new proposals, status of projects and overall service delivery. Responsibilities included reviewing and approving all vendor invoices, managing IT personnel, compiling status reports from all IT Team Members and representing IT Department in weekly corporate strategy meetings.
Additional accomplishments include:
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a VMware ESXI 5.5 infrastructure, including virtualizing existing PCs and servers, creating templates, creating new VMs from templates, adding additional storage to existing VMs utilizing HP SAS storage array, monitoring hardware resources and developing new strategies to utilize the virtualization infrastructure.
- Administration of Citrix XenApp 6.5 infrastructure, managing user sessions and providing technical support to outside sales staff accessing Citrix, virtualizing applications, installing new user licenses and various service packs, optimizing server performance and creating active directory group policies to manage user access to resources.
- Partnered with development staff to implement SAP System to replace legacy accounting system. This required the design and configuration of a complete and separate VM server infrastructure, installation of SAP software, the conversion and importing system data, push installation of client software across all desktops in the enterprise and the identification and installation of all post deployment modifications. Delivered enterprise wide SharePoint B2B portal for facilitating commination between corporate headquarters and business partners based on Microsoft Office 365 Platform. This included collecting system requirements, documenting specifications, creating templates and workflows, setting of security and notifications, training staff in using SharePoint 2013 and implementing approved enhancements.
- Deployment and managing of the Barracuda Cloud Control Anti-Spam/Virus Appliance including creating and maintaining whitelist and blacklist entries, working with outside IT Departments to resolve bounce back issues and the creating of reports to monitor delivery status in a proactive manner.
- Managed SonicWALL Network Security Firewall, integrate with activity directory, configuring internet access policies, monitoring and analyzing network traffic, configure port forwarding assignments and administering VPN access.
- Maintain and monitor enterprise wide disaster recovery system utilizing Datto SIRIS on-premises and cloud based backup appliance, adding and remove servers, restoring files including granular restore of exchange data. Created over 50 hours of training videos utilizing WebEx and distributed these training materials throughout the enterprise on an as needed basis. Topics included IT Operations, Inventory Tracking, Order Processing, Business Analytics, Remote Access and Securing Your Workspace.
IT Project Manager/Server Engineer
Maintained multi-state wide area network utilizing Cisco/Juniper Routers and Microsoft Servers running Active Directory, SQL and Exchange. Supported national sales staff including several regional offices which required a professional understanding of a diverse application base including Sage MAS90 Accounting, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Creative Suite. Responsible for the maintenance of custom software solutions developed utilizing Microsoft Access and Crystal Reports. Directly supervised six technicians and facilitate meetings to resolve technical issues. Reported directly to CEO regarding overall service delivery and IT personnel performance.
Additional accomplishments include:
- Deployment of Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Virtualization Infrastructure to replace existing physical servers with virtualized servers, the implementation of an enterprise wide Active Directory Group Policy architecture and the deployment of Microsoft System Center 2012 resulting in a 30 reduction of NOS maintenance costs.
- Design, implementation and maintenance of a multi-state virtual private network utilizing Cisco and Juniper Networks Routers including the upgrading of firewall policies and dividing the network into several VLANS to better optimize both performance and security.
- Conversion of an outdated accounting system to MAS90 Enterprise, which included the detailed analysis of existing operations, development of improved work flows, creating detailed specifications with flowcharts, creating project plan, customizing program to implement process improvements, importing and validation of existing accounting data, the installation of program on all desktops, the training of staff and the customization of several reports.
- Implementation of a cloud based system to import ecommerce sales generated from Amazon and eBay directly into an order processing system and the deployment of Channel Advisor to analyze and re-price online products based on competing goods.
- Establishing an enterprise wide Technical Support Department by creating an in-house IT Training program designed to enable power-users in remote sites to perform first line technical support.
- Replacing the existing legacy PBX telephone system with a Cloud Based Voice-Over-IP VOIP communication system utilizing Mitel IP Phones and CISCO IAD2430 Router.
- Installation of a multi-location video DVR system including the configuration of event triggered auditing logs and enabling secure remote access to live video by establishing location specific firewall rules.
IT Manager/Support Engineer
Coordinated all technical operations including product development, the supervision of technical services and managing client relationships. Responsibilities included the analysis of client's business systems, the recommendation of solutions utilizing industry specific technologies, the implementation of accepted proposals, the training of staff and extensive help desk support.
- Deployment of Microsoft's SQL Server at each of twelve retail store locations which utilized database replication through NAT enabled routers to transfer transactional data to the corporate headquarters.
- Installation and configuration of Microsoft's Exchange Server to replace ISP based email system, including the installation and maintenance of Symantec Antivirus Corporate Addition and Barracuda Backup to insure availability and fault tolerance.
- Organizing and training of Desktop Publishing Department to enable the publication of merchandise catalogues for distribution in both PDF and hard copy form utilizing Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Pro.