- 20 years industry experience in multi-national companies from engineering, operation to commercial.
- Led team developing and maintaining automotive interior trims for various customers.
- Developed and executed business strategy, improved regional market share and profitability.
- Overseen tooling, CAPEX, launch spending and purchased components sourcing.
- Experienced at PMP, APQP, PPAP and TS/ISO standards.
Position: Principal Engineer
- Responsible for the execution of initial engineering release and subsequent changes
- Ensure initiation, tracking, and maintenance of engineering discipline documents.
- Lead weekly design reviews and participate in regular customer meetings with engineers
- Lead team members and various resources to ensure the customers' expectations are met of exceeded
- Mentor less experienced engineers in technical disciplines
- Involves PLM, GDLS, ensuring engineering deliverables, Part Reviews, Tooling Reviews, Feasibility Reviews and interface with the manufacturing plants.
Position: General Manager
- Responsible for overall program management in China including 1 WOFE and 2 JV, total 10 facilities.
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities.
- Identifies and resolves complex technical, operational and organizational problems.
- Established program management team in China, established and executed roadmap to implement program management process/ tool.
- Managed regional programs, successful safe launched with over 250 million USD annual sales.
- Managed multiple cross function teams, including engineering, purchasing materials , finance, operations and HR. set organizational priorities and allocated resources.
- Developed and interacted within regions and territories to achieve global program strategy.
- Established budget, maintained cost and cash flow in new programs and within department.
- Customer includes Ford C520 door and console CD4.1 IP, door and console Daimler BR205, X156, X253 Pillars, NCV2 headliner JLR L538 IP and console GM Y1BC, G61 Suzuki YAE, Honda 2CE etc.
- Responsible for launching Greenfield facility and program in Chongqing with 50 million USD annual sale
- Established new local operation team and training in ground.
- Managed facility construction from ground breaking to commissioning.
- Interfered with manufacturing, quality, material, CI, IT, HR etc each department to align business.
- Established budget and maintained cost within budget during program launch.
- Established CAPEX/Tooling requirement for plant and tracking from kick off to installation.
- Directly interfacing with customers on process plan, quality plan, surveys and trials.
Position: Plant Engineer II
- Managing customer or supplier required engineering/process changes.
- Developed and managed program schedule from design complete to product launch.
- Defined and developed project scopes and managed project team for on time closing each task.
- Established and tracked performance of each product during life cycle.
- Coordinated and followed up primary/secondary tooling, capital equipment, quality assurance, supplier chain management, material handling, manpower assignment, and manufacturing etc.
- Ensured fast response to customer concerns. Focused on quality driven and improvement.
- Led team to identify root cause, implement corrective action plan, continuous improved best practice.
- Developed and implemented cost saving and improvement strategies at each phases of program.
- Developed and managed process flow, process FMEA and controls plan etc.
- Improved manufacturing efficiency by implemented optimization, line pacing and downtime analysis etc.
- Identified equipment requirements for new program. Led process optimization and vendor bids review.
- Trained other engineers on ILVS, complex assembly lines and automation process.
- Responsible for Ford U251/D385/U377 and Chrysler RT program. Successfully transferred U251 door program to Greencastle facility and launched RT door program.
- Extensive knowledge of various automation industry processes including injection molding, Robot, RJG, compression molding, heat staking, sonic welding, gluing, sewing, forming and vibration welding etc.
- Proficient at ILVS Just in time , Kanban, AB/Siemens/Omron PLC, ABB/Fanuc/Sepro robot systems, Cognex/Banner/Keyence vision system, RSBizware and Wonderware etc.
- Managed projects on design issues and customer concerns.
- Assisted supply chain management in pull system, cost savings analysis, and vendor pricing.
- Launched ILVS system in Covington and assist designed the enterprise ILVS platform in Lear.
- Managed Ford U152, P207 and U251 program launches and U251 ceased production in Covington.
- Maintained enterprise databases and database servers in Windows Server 2003 and SQL 2000.
Position: Business Manager
- Independently managed international trade from quoting to delivery, provided both procurement and project management consulting.
- Market investigating, analyzing and supporting potential sales.
- Prepared ICB bid documents and managed projects implementation for World Bank and Asian Develop Bank projects.
- Analyzed market competitiveness and evaluated product performance and profitability.