Qualified, talented and responsible Project Management Professionalwho directs full project life cycles with demonstrated expertise in quality end-product delivery within budget constraints and high pressure deadlines. Accountable for effective and efficient use of project management tools, standards and methodologies within assigned projects. Strengths include proven analytical abilities with the vision to design, develop and implement successful improvements contributing to significant profitability by minimizing downtime and inefficiency. Pro-active team player who works well in both group and independent environments, consistently demonstrating exceptional technical knowledge and sound decision-making abilities while adhering to the highest standards of professionalism. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, MS Project, Access, NetSuite, ClearQuest, Visio, SharePoint, Planview, CA eHealth, Clarify CRM, Rational Clearcase, Test Director, eRoom, SAP, PeopleSoft, Brio, Kronos, Oracle, TeamSite
Professional Career History
Sr. Project Manager
- Responsible for managing NCR software development projects for retail solutions, including Advanced Checkout Solution, and Advanced Marketing Solution.
- Project tracking and oversight activities to ensure high quality software deliveries are on schedule and within budget. Managing the schedule of the assigned developers for each project, managing issues risks, and managing the quality of the delivery.
- Managing project budget and financials. Actively manage project resources to meet or exceed budget
- Managing software development schedules with Microsoft Project
- Tracking and managing issues and risks throughout software development projects
- Planning, schedule, monitor, evaluate, and document project activities to ensure a complete business solution is implemented.
- Ensuring projects meet established time, cost, contractual and technical requirements.
- Define and manage the project's change control procedures and effectively utilizes all available methodologies and tools, culminating in client acceptance of and payment for results.
- Ensure project requirements are established, and manage project and its deliverables to meet them.
- Develop and maintain project plan and schedule, including task dependencies.
- Prepare and conduct weekly status meetings to discuss the project status, schedules, milestones, issues and forthcoming activities
- Monitor and evaluate progress and issues against the project plan and implement corrective actions when issues are identified or progress differs significantly from that planned.
- Manages team projects, communicates project status and produces project documentation
- Conduct project progress reviews with client and account team personnel, providing contingency and problem resolution plans as required
- Ensures client expectations are met
PMO Program Manager/ Project Manager
- Responsible for managing activities related to assigned project scope, cost and schedule for claims processing system implementation for Blue Cross and Blue Shield Health Plans.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables using PMM concepts
- Create and execute full scale MS Project plans and timelines for large scale implementations
- Created PMO change control management process manage project change controls
- Worked with developers to customize software for various vendors Full project life cycle and software release management.
- Vendor Management and High Level of Client face-to-face interaction
- Lead and facilitated weekly conference calls with vendors, communications link to the service representative and internal resources
- Develop cost/benefit analysis, and risk assessment management plans for business and vendor requirements
- Develop and maintain project management documentation for assigned projects
- Identify and manage project risks and issues using ClearQuest software
- Defined project tasks and resource requirements using Planview
- Effectively collaborated with other project management teams
- Create and managed project budgets
- Managed reforecast for Program and cost model creation.
- Managed project resource allocations and assignments using Planview
- Planned and scheduled project timelines
- Successfully managed feasibility assessments that awarded company new business opportunities with customers
- Managed business and vendor requirements for stakeholders and vendors
- Tracked project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Managed quality assurance review sessions for business requirements and technical design deliverables
- Constantly monitoring and communicating progress of the project to stakeholders
- Created weekly status reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Develop and submit project status reports to NASCO executives and customers
- Conduct coaching activities with less experienced team members
- Effectively planned and managed projects follow through with customer commitments managed multiple tasks and priorities.
- Tracked Infrastructure Services related Project Schedules and assigned Engineering resources using Planview.
- Maintained project documentation on SharePoint site used Teamsite to update project website
- Managed project schedule, commitments and process execution
- Weekly status calls with Sr. Management to communicated progress
- Lead and facilitated weekly/daily conference calls with vendors
- Created Project Charter, Project Execution Plan, and Business Case documents
- Created and managed MS Project plan managed implementation schedule and timeline
- Created weekly status reports,Identified and managed project issues and risk created risk mitigation strategies
- Planned, designed and implemented all activities associated with program/project by coordinating efforts of project team
- Trending and service level monitoring of application and infrastructure resources
- Created and maintained organizational effectiveness metrics reporting based on business areas internal or external to IT infrastructure services
- Translated capacity forecasts into business reports Produced ad hoc Capacity studies on request from IT management
- Developed metrics and financial reports to measure the utilization and performance of the IT infrastructure on an on-going basis.
- Generated monthly IT infrastructure services management reports
Project Manager Contractor
- Managed deployment activities for SAP Implementation
- Facilitated weekly issues and risks meetings with all project teams
- Reviewed and analyzed issue and risks logged in Test Director, and reviewed with the appropriate team for updates.
- Updated individual team MS Project work plans, and reconciled project plan hours.
- Prepared and maintained project management deliverables including project plans, status, issues and risk logs.
- Generated weekly deployment dashboard status reports ensured that project documentation was stored in eRoom
- Created and distributed project budget tracking reports for projects
- Measured project milestones versus actual completion dates on a weekly basis and report variances to the team
PMO Program Controller/Change Management Contractor Services
- Tracked project financials, prepared financial reports, scorecards, and budget tracking worksheets for MembersEdge system implementation.
- Used MS Project to validate time reported accuracy to track/forecast resources developed resource reports for forecasting, trending, and results analysis.
- Monitored and approved weekly customer invoices with the use of Net-Suite accounting system for contract labor
- Ensured key deliverables were tracked and managed in project plans, and uploaded final documentation to SharePoint document repository
- Monitored project activity against the vendor SOW's
- Managed program change requests
- Managed overall project financials and allocations to ensure project was delivered within budget.
- Managed day-to-day project training and curriculum development activities for PeopleSoft and Kronos software implementations
- Estimated project duration, cost and resource requirements ensured project billings and closures were complete
- Managed project dependencies coordinates activities with other departments
- Monitored project budget, forecasts and expenses reconciled and approved vendor invoices
- Negotiated contracts with vendors to establish training class logistics
- Change Control Management
- Managed training sessions participated in training analysis, scheduling, tracking, participant confirmation .
- Worked with training department to analyze and evaluate training curriculum for effectiveness.
- Provided analysis of feedback and evaluations from training class participants.
- Worked with southeastern region project team to establish forecasts, and track project budgets and expenses for new and existing project implementations.
- Financial Reporting, forecasted project expenses, and tracked projects through full project life cycles.
- Monitored project budgets, time sheets/expenses project spend plans, costs and resources
- Facilitated weekly status meetings and management of status reports and action items.
- Approved Invoice drafts, project billing and accounts receivable reconciliation activities.
- Created reports to analyze and measure project team performance against established goals.
- Liaison between project team and finance and operations department for any questions or issue related to project financials.
- Prepared cost analysis, and created/maintained standards on financial reports.
- Generated change requests managed and reported installation issues and risks.
- Managed customer satisfaction survey process at project completion.