- Results-focused project management professional skilled in directing full system development life cycle projects involving a variety of technical programs and initiatives.
- Skilled at identifying process improvements and developing cost-effective, quality solutions with a proven ability to bridge technology and business goals to provide effective solutions.
- Extensive technical experience with large-system design, system architecture and leading data migrations.
- Proven track record of delivering consistent revenue, productivity and quality improvements through well-managed, on-time projects.
- Well-versed in maintaining effective relationships with business partners sought after project manager with a growing customer base due to strong analytical project management skills and professional relationship building abilities.
- Demonstrated success leading and mentoring cross-functional teams to maximize productivity levels.
- Well-versed in maintaining group budgets and leveling resources across multiple teams and projects.
- Experienced in developing teams including hiring, conducting workload management, employee appraisal writing and staff development.
- Fast learner who rapidly adapts to emerging technologies and methodologies.
| || || |
| || || |
| || || |
Project Manager/GIS Database Leader
- Experienced in managing client system operations as primary point of contact for continuity of service including maintenance, planned/unplanned outage communications and triage.
- Led multiple projects on behalf of the California State Water Resources Control Board over the last 10 years valued at approximately 3M.
- Cultivated long-term relationships with many clients leading to continued revenue streams via return clients and their referrals by developing specialized programs marketed to state agencies producing over 3M in new projects.
- Led a four-state government project acting as the single point of contact and technical lead to review data holdings, provide qualitative and quantitative data assessments, and determine the best way to achieve a mandated initiative imposed on the states. This project involved securing sensitive data among the states, extensive coordination and a comprehensive communication plan leading to a 100-page report summarizing findings and recommendations. The project was completed on time and on budget and received many accolades from all four state agencies.
- Reviewed and revised a 250K SOW for a government contract based on budget constraints to meet the clients overall objectives. The revised SOW kept the project at budget and laid out a scalable, strategic solution which will result in a second phase to this project in the next fiscal year.
- Regularly scopes and executes 500K software development project including budgeting, identifying and mitigating internal and external risks while maintaining profit targets consecutively each quarter.
- Developed a global community of practice CoP consisting of over 200 GIS practitioners which streamlined communications, established best practices and provided visibility into business unit strengths and skills. This CoP resulted in a significant reduction of outsourcing, and has been replicated in other disciplines throughout the organization. Asked to present lessons-learned at ESRI International User conference.
- Developed a structured technical process to assist conducting Buy Versus Build Analysis for a Navy document system utilizing quantitative analysis, followed by a product review focused on stakeholder requirements. This process has become a best practice internally and has been adopted by a number of clients.
- Experienced in leading all phases of system lifecycle including costing, planning, conceptualization, formal requirements, business process, cost tracking, resource allocation, quality assurance, training, closeout, and operations.
- Well-versed in translating complex information between stakeholders and development teams and providing leadership of application delivery and knowledge transfer to IT staff and end-users.
- Planned and designed the migration of the organizations data center to 3rd-party cloud provider and evaluated various proposals for optimal value and technical merits.
- Evaluated effectiveness of a PMO in alignment with CMMI standards by reorganizing development groups and provided recommendations to the director of software development.
- Developed a business line for niche data assessment approaches and successfully marketed to multiple states throughout the country resulting in over 2million in new revenue.
- Led projects involving: information architecture, 508 accessibility compliance, content migration, and graphic design for large organizational web portals.
- Developed and deployed an issue tracking system to meet an aggressive due date for a rapid data unification project. This tracking system increased traceability, accountability and visibility across the project. This project was completed on time and on budget and the issues tracking approach that was developed is now used across the organization for all large data projects.
- Automated ETL, data integration, quality assurance and analysis operations by designing and leading implementation of software tools for unstructured.
- Designed and led a product to spatially query data from a central source database to the desktop for local analytics, reporting, and results transmission to another repository using a single tool. The complete solution was delivered from server to desktop, including training and materials. Internally this project has become a model for an elegant, easy-to-use set of tools providing flexibility and productivity.
Operating Systems: Linux, Mac, Microsoft
Databases: Oracle, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, SQLite/Spatialite, Toad, ERwin, SQLyog
Languages: SQL, XML, HTML, CSS, BASH, Python
Applications: MS Office, MS Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, Requisite Pro, Enterprise Architect, ArcGIS, Spatial Analyst, QGIS, Geoserver, Cygwin, XMLSpy, Mapforce, CVS, Subversion, Github, Windward BI/Reporting