Accomplished technical project/program manager in delivering enterprise wide IT solutions and enabled millions of dollars savings to the business. Results-oriented leader in providing solutions for the application delivery, web portal development, Infrastructure projects, and applications integration. Provided leadership, direction, and coaching for tech leads, business analysts, and development/support teams to deliver robust solutions.
- Manage successfully delivered a program for SyncMyRide with budgets in excess of 5,000,000. Effectively coordinated with teams across 14 different applications and reduced project delivery time by 12 .
- Delivered a high quality solution Zero UAT and Post-launch defects using agile approach with a global team 50 of team in Asia Pacific and enabled 1.5M savings.
- Formed integrated project teams resulting in higher quality outcomes and improving customer satisfaction by 31 .
- Led the systems integration effort and proposed/implemented a project, which replaced 4 active applications and saved 4.6M annual cost for the Customer Service Division.
- Extensive knowledge of various enterprise applications and exposure to several functions in Information technology IT such as application development, testing, architecture design, database administration, infrastructure/network diagrams, incident management, and security controls.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Application Development/Integration Project/program Management Vendor Management
- Infrastructure Upgrades Budget/Cost Management Issues/Risk Management
- Agile Principals Process Improvement Functional analysis
- Resource management Web Portal Development User Acceptance Testing
Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Environment: Agile Methodology, Liferay 6.2, Apache Tomcat, MySQL, SVN, WebServices, Cloud
- Instructed and modeled core Agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability and visibility ensured consistent application of scrum methodologies.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition and participated proactively in developing and maintaining team standards, tools and best practices reducing development time by 30 .
- Effectively coordinated with different vendors such as Verizon, Deutsch LA to meet the target deliverables on time.
- Protect team from over-commitment, manage backlog, and prioritize resolution of defects/bugs as evidenced by the on-time delivery of major functionality.
- Manage the lifecycle of code development, from ideation to sprints to deployment.
- Communicate on regular basis with stakeholders executive champion , project managers, development team, and other IT teams to ensure the project progress, risks, and results.
- Review and ensure IT solutions are always aligned with business goals/strategy. Provide project status reports, risks, issues, and action items to deliver the project on time and under budget.
- Build relations and work closely with business, vendors, developers, web operations, and QA team to ensure technical compatibility.
Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Environment: Agile Methodology, WebSphere Application server 8.x, J2EE Servlets/JSP/EJB ,
- Allocate and direct resources to accomplish project tasks, and maintain control project schedule and deliverable quality.
- Coordinated with different application teams and finalized series of releases to roll out the overall initiative on-time and within budget.
- Negotiated with various managers for resource allocation to complete the integration effort and deliver the changes in the sequential order to avoid data integration issues.
- Coordinate daily performance issues, approving work schedules and communicating with all other appropriate functional areas as needed.
- Create and publish project schedules and timelines with high level milestones.
- Assisted team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and task definition.
- Led development team through the successful implementation of major upgrades to enterprise wide applications with zero post launch defects. Provided guidance and leadership for the team to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Coordinate, monitor control activities through the entire software development life cycle to ensure deliveries of concurrent multiple releases with agreed scope and timelines.
- Led development team through the successful implementation of major upgrades to enterprise wide applications with zero post launch defects.
Title: Senior Technical Project Manager
Environment: BEA Web logic 9.1, Apache Web server, Enterprise Java Beans EJB , Java/J2EE, XSLT
- Led a local and off-shore team size of 12 and influenced to deliver multiple application enhancements within budget and timelines and also a quality product.
- Defines project scope, charter, goals and deliverables in support of business goals and works with senior leadership and stakeholders for approvals.
- Led every phase of the project delivery including architecture review, data model reviews, function point count, systems integration, user acceptance testing, and release management.
- Lead the systems development process, including project scoping, planning and development efforts as well as day-to-day operations.
- Stay current on the latest technology trends including web services, mobile app development, coding standards and development frameworks.
- Identified critical path decisions, make recommendations and influence program leaders and business process owners to maximize project payback.
- Manage stakeholder expectations driving daily activity issue resolution and communication across project execution teams in order to deliver projects on time, on budget, as requested by clients.
- Manage workload of contractors to deliver secure applications that meet performance and reliability standards.
Title: Infrastructure Project Manager
- Plan, direct, and manage the daily operations of a computer operations department and/or responsible for the coordination and completion of projects.
- Develop, maintain and publish release calendar.
- Develop and implement release plans.
- Ensure Release Management support for system maintenance releases.
- Manage and monitor release activities from project initiation through production deployment.
- Ensure release management milestones are met by all groups.
- Manage release-level issues and risks
- Worked closely with the Command Center Team CCT to ensure incidents are logged, assigned and escalated in a timely fashion.
- Single point of contact for Incident status and updates unplanned disruption of service for the business and across technologies.
- Ensured proactive communication to appropriate resources occurs, including First Points of Contacts and nth level support, and ensures Priority 1 incident status reports are distributed.
- Collaborate well with others to solve problems and actively incorporate input from various sources, inclusive cross region resources.
Title: Senior Java Developer
Environment: Core Java, Struts, EJB 2.0, JSP 1.2, Servlets, JDBC, JNDI, HTML, XML, JMS, SAX,
- Developed and implemented Ordering system using Core Java, Servlets, JSP, HTML, DHTML, AJAX and XML.
- Used Struts Tag Libraries to allow easy integration of Struts Framework into projects logic.
- Provided asynchronous communication between various Internet/Intranet applications using XML JMS. XML data is parsed using SAX.
- Provided security to authenticate various levels of users for different roles. Packaged all source classes and EJBs into JAR files using ANT, and deployed them into App Server using deployment descriptors.
- Involved in all the phases of SDLC including Gathering requirements, Design Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and preparing test plans for the Application.
- Developed Servlets to handle HTTP client requests by using ServletRequest and Servlet Response Objects.
- Involved in writing EJBs Stateless Session Beans and Web Services for building the middleware distributed components and deployed them on application servers.
- Updated Technical Design Document to reflect the modifications that are made during development.
Title: Java Developer
Environment: Tomcat, Eclipse, Java, Servlets, JSP, Java Beans, MVC, JDBC, Java Script,
HTML/DHTML, XML, PL/SQL, SQL PLUS , ORACLE 8.2, Windows 2000
- Involved in the system analysis and design for the project.
- Ability to motivate and work effectively in an interactive work environment and a strong aptitude for problem solving.
- Designed J2EE compatible, web enabled, a multi-tier distributed system architecture by using OOP concepts.
- Designed and developed servlets for the application using EJB, JDBC, Java, and SQL.
- Responsible for design and creation of tables, database links, indexes and populating data into tables using PL/SQL scripts.
- Experience in Continuous Integration, Maven, ANT, Sonar, PMD, Find bugs, Check style, Unit tests, Code Coverage etc.
- Experience in Lifecycle tools, processes, configuration management, build and deployment. Knowledge in architectural patterns, design patterns, integration patterns and UI patterns
- Involved in providing production support for the application.
Title: Web/ASP Developer
Environment: Visual Interdev, Internet Explorer, IIS, Netscape Navigator, ASP, COM , Java Script,
XML, HTML, DHTML, Visual Basic, VBScript, Windows 98, Windows NT, ORACLE 7x,
UNIX , PL/SQL, SQL, Shell Korn Programming, C, Pro C, MS Access, MS Excel.
- Coded complex ASP pages utilizing VBScript functions, Cookies, server variables etc.
- Developed component classes and DLLs to support the application using VisualBasic.
- Work with business partner to gather and document current and future requirements.
- Developed a general class library which has definitions for various cascading style sheets.
- Developed security module which ensures logged in user has correct privileges to access system and screens.
- Provided Design/Technical assistance to other developers in the team.
- Involve in the design of screens and laying out business rules and database connectivity Issues.
- Coded adhoc queries and improved the performance of queries with the help of EXPLAIN PLAN utility.
- Interacted with other systems and developed an MS Access Screen to support the interface with WORQ system.