To secure a Program or Project Mgr position in the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia area where I can utilize my experience, technical knowledge, communication skills and project management acumen to effectively deliver projects objectives on schedule and within budget. Willing to travel based on organization's request.
- Solution Oriented project manager with years of Project and Program management, business analysis and consulting experience in the Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare and Education industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle SDLC from project Inception to completion using methodologies like RUP, Waterfall, Business Process Management BPM , Agile Scrum methodologies and ITIL process.
- Experienced in implementation of Project scope documentation, work breakdown structure, status reporting, defect tracking, quality assurance and change management.
- Well versed in multiple Project Management methodologies, software design, Data Workflow Management and Business Process Re-Engineering.
- Leadership experience managing multiple development projects and project teams on web-based and client/server applications and custom/in-house development projects.
- In-depth experience in Project Management tools such as Clarity, Atlas, Primavera, MS Project and MS Project Server for project scheduling and budget reporting.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent analytical, communication, decision making and organization skills. Adept at juggling multiple tasks in high-pressured environments.
Applications: Clarity, Clarizen, Microsoft Project Server, Planview, MS Visio, MS Project 2003-2010, SharePoint 2003-2010, Microsoft Office Professional Suite Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint Rational Rose, SQL Server, Lotus Notes, HP Quality Center, Clarity, Gemini, Microsoft Dynamics AX, PeopleSoft HRMS, Sales Force CRM, SAP SD, Cognos 8 BI, and AS400.
Training/Knowledge: PMI Methodology, Program/Portfolio Management, Agile Project Management, Scrum, RUP Methodology, CRM, .Net Client Server Technology, SOW, Risk Management, Quality, Procurement, ITIL v3 Framework, HIPPA Guidelines, Process improvement and Change Management.
Program Manager Consultant
- Building the project management practice and Program Management discipline and methodology for this startup consulting company to aid with the recruitment and retainment of business analyst and project management resources for current and future consulting assignments.
- Implementation of PMI's project management and risk management best practices and standards.
- Training business analysts and project managers on the implementation and application of PMI's project management methodologies and standards.
PMO Program Manager Consultant
- Manage the Well Experience Program and support company executives by creating a T-Minus program schedule and reports detailing the program's status and risk management. Identify ambiguous requests and facilitate collaboration amongst leadership, Business Sponsors, other impacted business units and tracks.
- Implementation of Risk Management Methodology on the Well Experience program, strategic initiatives and projects. This includes risk planning, identification, analysis, risk response planning and control and issue escalation.
- Acted as a skilled diplomat and leader in negotiations and communication with VPs, executive Program sponsors and stakeholders. Identify group conflict and facilitate resolution.
- Designed the Well Experience Program's SharePoint site and implemented control, procedures and workflows for handling, submitting and approving program documentation.
- Establish and maintain alliance with other departments and internal Walgreens organizations in order to identify possible program dependencies, areas for collaboration and commitments to the program.
- Conducted budget forecasting, program management, statistics management, financial management, resource management and allocation.
- Implement program plans that will help reduce uncertainty, improve efficiency of project team, increase understanding of project details and delineate activities and durations. Develop a program baseline and determine the critical path for the program's schedule.
- Directed and managed a team of 10 project managers and over 60 stakeholders by defining program activities, tasks and milestones required to meet program objectives and deliverables.
- Execute and maintain program management processes and disciplines in the areas of: program schedule and quality management communications management human resource management and change management.
- Maintain continuous alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives, and make recommendations to modify the program to enhance effectiveness toward the business result or strategic intent.
Director of Project Management/PMO
- Created the PMO office and implemented the Program management methodology for large scale projects with cross-functional departments and teams from inception to completion.
- Built relationship with senior executives and school leaders to add value in moving the appropriate projects that add organizational value forward vs those that don't.
- Prepare project plans, schedule, goals and team assignments, project documents charter, business case, communication plan, requirements documents reporting and monitoring project portfolio activity.
- Managing company strategic projects and several project teams consisting of Managing Directors, VPs and Engineers as assigned and following approved project management methodologies.
- Managing school expansion and construction projects ranging from 1 - 10million in budgets and over 60 assigned resources and vendors.
- Developed and implementing standard project and portfolio management process across the company and its schools.
- Communicate weekly with the CEO, President and company VPs on the status of projects and ongoing risks to ensure full visibility and insight into the project portfolio.
- Training the school Managing Directors on Project Management processes and implementation, risk management, project budget controlling and issue escalation to senior management.
- Track key project milestones, perform gap analysis and adjust project plans and/or resources across different functional departments to meet the needs of the customers.
IT Project Manager
- Implemented full software life cycle development SDLC methodologies to manage Protective's Finance Insurance web application and infrastructure project and managed a team of 10 from design to deployment.
- Developed project plans, managed project budgets ranging from 300k to 5m, created matrices to assess readiness and status, and presentation of high level status and milestones to management using Clarity.
- Developed and maintained Vendor relationship for major VIN decoding e-commerce project CVINA and implemented project-management methodologies to manage the project from inception to completion.
- Managed the Protective's Claims records and processing application project from requirements gathering, construction, implementation and infrastructure build-out for the in-house mainframe.
- Introduced and managed the process of ongoing training for the IT department in areas of leadership, time management and getting certified through Learning Tree Education Vendor .
- Made recommendations to product management team regarding the design and implementation of missing functionality.
- Comprehensive use of MS Project and MS Visio to group project use cases into Sequence and Activity Diagrams based on UML methods thereby defining the business process model and set project timelines.
- Responsible for coordinating project meetings, status updates and meeting minutes.
- Facilitated meetings and JAD sessions with project sponsors and stakeholders and trained a team of business analysts on implementing requirements for the Protective Claim's Processing applications.
- Developing the deployment plan, leading project meetings and prioritizing scope changes as well as facilitating project approval process.
- Worked as an intermediary and SME subject matter expert between end-users and implementation project teams involved in the Credit Life Disability software application development.
IT Project Manager
- Managed scope changes, project status, business needs and project objectives, via feedback sessions and client meetings, in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Developed and managed full project management lifecycle practice and methodology ex. Charter, SOW, WBS, etc. and implemented SDLC for SurePayroll's Salesforce CRM and SQL server migration project.
- Created project plans and project charters for expansion of web, mainframe system and database applications on a .net framework and a Client-Server business structure.
- Applied and mentored staff in project management and business analysis best practices and standards to web based project implementations for SurePayroll's SureCalc Project.
- Responsible for reviewing and managing project budgets ranging from 75,000 to 1.2m, and acted as a member on both Project/ Program steering committees.
- Created test traceability matrix to streamline quality assurance process for SurePayroll's SUI Rate calculation engine and HWC Hartford Workers Compensation Project.
- Lowered the number of software implementation incidents by 60 by creating new release management process.
- Conducted Gap Analysis, Risk Analysis, RFP, Benefit Analysis Performance Analysis and utilized SDLC standard documentation for SurePayroll's in house SalesForce application.
- Responsible for preparing software requirement specifications SRS , functional requirement documents FRD , user interface design and work breakdown structure templates for the project team.
- Defined the project team roles and responsibilities and created the project schedule using MS Project.
- Provided leadership and direction to project teams by understanding business processes, gathering requirements, identifying potential usability issues, managing scope, and ensuring that an appropriate level of application quality was maintained at all times.
Project Lead consulting
- Engaged business stakeholders to capture, document, and clarify specific business line rules, processes, and requirements both at a high level and detailed level.
- Created UML diagrams including Use Case diagrams, Activity Diagrams using MS Visio and Rational Rose.
- Analyzed and documented differences between the as is and to be processes flows and use cases for Coventry's web based application using UML diagrams and SDLC.
- Led the joint application design sessions for different in-house projects, managed requirements documentation and partnered with sponsors to secure project funding.
- Defined phase deliverables and project schedule using the SDLC methodology to meet business requirements and was responsible for maintaining the Requirements Traceability Matrix. RTM
- Interfaced with business and quality assurance analysts as well as developers on encrypting PHI during a CDH single sign on functionality project.
- Responsible for coordinating end user training and post-deployment support to the clients.
- Implemented change management processes in accordance to HIPAA guidelines/policies that managed and controlled major changes that were impacting schedule and budget.
- Retrieved, verified the information related to the Use Cases, done using SQL and Utilized Cognos for ad-hoc queries and project scorecarding.
- PMI Chicago Land
- APM Agile Project Management group and Scrum Practioners
- Project Management Link PMLink