OBJECTIVE: To obtain an Engineering or Manufacturing position with a progressive company or organization.
QUALIFICATIONS: BSEE with over twenty years of automotive Infotainment system design. Eight of those years have been in module/system level Diagnostics, Networking, Human Machine Interface, and Requirements Documentation.
- Sole proprietor of an electronics repair and installation business, specializing in the repair of personal TVs for exercise equipment.
- Serving the greater Atlanta area and the entire country via shipping.
PROJECT LEAD ENGINEER
- Project Lead Engineer for several radio and audio amplifier programs.
- Lead the design reviews and prototype builds for a new Fender branded amplifier, as well as participating in trying to market it to OEM's.
- Worked with GM on new programs for their unbranded amplifiers.
- Worked on the 2010 version of a GM CD/DVD radio. Handled all internal/external meetings and schedules for design sample builds and validations.
DIAGNOSTICS NETWORKING - SYSTEMS ENGINEER
- Develop and maintain internal MS-CAN networking specifications for Ford/GM/DCX Infotainment systems.
- Advise Infotainment Software Development on MS-CAN networking implementation requirements.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Infotainment HMI requirements.
- Develop and maintain module specific diagnostic specifications.
- Generate Vector CANdela diagnostic files for internal and OEM release.
- Advise Software Development on KWP 2000 and ISO 14229-1 diagnostic implementation requirements.
- Advise other product group counterparts on CANdela and ISO 14229-1.
- Analyze/process OEM change requests and internal reports of Diagnostics/Networking requirement defects.
- Provide Diagnostics/Networking analysis for Quote Reviews.
ELECTRICAL COMPONENTS ENGINEER
- Developed and maintained Engineering Specifications for a new generation of Truck Platform radios.
- Specifications included J1850 Class 2 Networking, KWP 2000 Diagnostics, and the Human Machine Interface.
PRINCIPAL SYSTEMS DESIGN ENGINEER
- Performed audio system acoustical design for the Neon, Stratus/Cirrus, Dakota truck, and Ram truck.
- Responsible for the acoustical system design from concept through production.
- Worked closely with amplifier/speaker suppliers and internal departments to achieve cost, quality, and timing objectives.
SENIOR PROJECT ENGINEER
- Performed audio system acoustical design for several up-level General Motors vehicles.
- Worked closely with speaker suppliers and GM platforms to optimize entertainment system performance and value.
- Responsible for packaging/release of speakers, amplifiers, and audio system wiring.
- Resolved manufacturing and quality issues. Evaluated cost and timing for new systems.
SENIOR LIAISON ENGINEER
- Coordinated the implementation of new color television chassis/receiver designs at the plant.
- Responsible for initiating and implementing corrective actions for safety, reliability, and performance issues, as well as providing technical support to manufacturing departments.