GLOBAL IT INFRASTRUCTURE SERVICE MANAGEMENT LEADER
- Expertise in Network, Server, Storage and Telecommunications Design/Build/Run Transformation Execution
- Ability to see the big picture working closely with executive IT and Business leadership to shape strategic and improvement agendas identify key challenges, deliver cost effective and high-performance IT systems directing a well positioned global IT Operations aligned with corporate goals and customer requirements.
- Leadership, vision, establishing short - long term plans and priorities manage cross-functional relationship resulting in a successful track record of demonstrated and quantifiable performance delivering global IT strategy and enterprise critical systems transformation initiatives.
- Effective at developing and leading global multi-discipline IT teams in requirements definition, systems and technology assessments, cost-benefit analysis, IT services plan and design, delivery transition change best practice, metrics, and roadmaps , training, and IT support strategies.
- Manage issue resolution, decisions and risk mitigation to improve readiness, responsiveness and deliver high quality programs, technical services, secure networks, data center consolidations and stability projects, and enterprise IT governance, processes, policies, and standards to enable continuous improvement.
- Managed multi-year program budgets recommend, select and manage purchases to optimize global IT systems availability, performance and utilization negotiated large contracts and proactively manage global multi-site operations, offshore outsourcing, consultants, supplier relationships, and partnerships.
- Multi-Cultural High Performance Team Leadership
- Global Multi-Site IT Infrastructure Operations
- IT Budget Development and Management
- IT Services Supplier/Partner Contract Management
- Technology Strategy Road Mapping
- Global IT M A Due Diligence and Integration
- IT Infrastructure Strategy, Governance and Execution
- IT Project Rationalization and Process Optimization
Senior Project Manager
- 4.5B Leading global provider of financial services technology solutions for the financial services industry
- Weekly/Monthly Operations and Process Reporting. Drive Roadmap Initiatives, Project and Process Updates, SOP Improvements to assure operating model continually increases Incident detection through Event Management detection, triage, ticketing and escalation. and decrease Incident duration. BMC, CA, HP Unisys Tools.
- Director IT Monitoring Operations: Manage 6 direct reports, 80 FTEs on/offshore in 8 Data Centers and Operations, Production, Dev. and QA Environments 24x7x365 across multiple BU's. ITIL Event Management for iSeries Midrange, IBM and Unisys MFs, and HP Non Stop Systems, Unix and Wintel Servers, DBs, Applications and Facilities.
- Drive tactical and strategic initiatives for Alert Transformation severity, auto ticket, MW suppression, correlation Drive issues resolution with BU's, Tools Engineering, OPs, and Incident, Problem and Release Management.
- Eyes Hands, Tape Mounts, Batch, Transmissions, Month End Processing Audit, Risk Security Response.
- Measurably improve systems design, implementation, administrative health security, patching, upgrades, backup, storage retrieval , Capacity and Performance Management , problem-solving methodologies, and partner/supplier delivery performance to consistently attain SLAs of Data Center Infrastructure.
- Director Open Systems and Telecommunications: Motivate 35 FTEs, 8 direct reports, multi-function IT Shared Services Infrastructure teams Desktop Support, Network Engineers, Server Storage Admins., Project Managers, IT Security, and Telecommunications daily operations, transformation planning and delivery optimization of Design/Build/Run cost effective and resilient IT services and digital content Service-Now - Incident, Problem Change Management supporting multi-site mission critical 24x7 high transaction global IT environment.
- 1.5B Global Content Provider, Wholesale Distribution, Digital Asset Management Solutions for Publishing Industry
- Managed annual budget CAP/OPEX 10M and strategic plan development and execution. IT strategy scalability leader drive services and technology solutions requirements alignment with best practices for scalability, repeatability, availability, reliability, maintainability, and security of heterogeneous IT infrastructure services. Business Unit liaison relationship development. Oversight of VPG acquisition integration plan, synergy, execution and operations.
- 90 P1/Sev1 Incidents Reduction: E-2-E IT environment assessment resource, systems and support contracts improvements created CMDB and Incident detection proactive scripting, health check dashboards refined alerts thresholds delivered permanent Problem resolution and High Available designs. Change Management maturity.
- Created IT Security and Disaster Recovery Team - Facilitated multi company Email policy compliance responsible for access, audit response and compliance strategy standards, guidelines, technologies to maintain data, network and systems CIA posture. Vulnerability scans remediation. Email/FW/Network/Web incident analysis response. Desktop/Server patching strategy. DR assessment and multiyear site build out. DR Exercise Incident Commander.
- Successful Data Center Transformation Program Management Execution of resilient, scalable, secure and cost effective Design/Build/Run IT Infrastructure investments and CIO/Board approval of business plans. Transformation customer and technology alignment, End-to-End system's architecture and multi-platform HA design criteria Manage resource prioritization, decisions, issue resolution, risk mitigation, timeline and budget completion criteria.
Network Re-Design Program overhauling
- Cisco Data Center Nexus 7k/5k/2k Core/Access/Rack Switches.
- Virtual 65 /Physical 35 Linux/Unix/Wintel Server Consolidation.
- Dell, HP Blades and Virtual Server Migrations, VMWare: 3.5 - VSphere 4.0.
- 6 Bldg. Campus MAN - OC48 10G SONET Self Healing Rings and MetroE Installations. FR/MPLS Migration.
- Load Balanced Internet to Tier 1 ISPs - ASR1004 Routers burstable Circuits 2x300M/600M 2x600M/1.2G.
- FW/VPN upgrade, Riverbed Steelhead WAN Optimizations F5 BIG-IP GTM, LTM Edge Gateway Migrations.
- Developed and Executed a multi-year Storage, Backup and IT Continuity/Disaster Recovery Strategy Lead solution partners, vendors, facility and IT Customers, Audit BU/LOBs requirements and delivery success criteria. Scope, BIA, Assessment, Data Center facility selection, synthesize collective budgets and resources utilization for Design/Build/Run continuous operations, recovery process, build out and equipment implementation. Consolidated 5 disparate storage platforms and replication of 2 PB data onto EMC VNX 7500 5500, Isilon IQ OneFS NAS and Data Domain 860 670 systems. Delivered solution 33 ahead of schedule.
- Consolidated international multi-company Active Directory, 9 Domains and Exchange 2007 2010 migration project. Deliver Mimecast Email archiving, security and continuity. Active Directory Risk and Health Assessment ADRAP annual remediation. Reduce Exchanged administrators by 50 and developed Corporate Messaging team.
- Distribution Centers Wi-Fi Network Terminal Devices and Sterling Commerce EDI Upgrade Projects.
- Business Intelligence and SharePoint 2010 Systems Implementations Projects.
Leader prepaid card and transaction technologies, products and services gift, wireless, games, music debit cards
Senior Manager Network Telecommunications Infrastructure:
Accountable for plan/design/build/run of global Network, Telecom, Video and Wi-Fi infrastructure for multi-site mission critical 24x7 shared service environment with 99.99 availability. Evaluate and assess operations readiness, network performance, risk, security, stability, scalability, and Disaster Recovery strategy and develop remediation actions to attain service levels. Audit response CAB member. Cisco 6509/6513 L3 Internap internet circuits DMZ/Core Switches, 7204/7206 Routers Customer FR Implementations.
- Develop optimization and transformation projects for stabilization and service level efficiency investments for CTO. WAN Wireless RFPs resulting in 74 annual savings ATT FR/MPLS migration 380k MRC in circuit disconnects and negotiated 25 discount Smartnet contract. Developed infrastructure health check metric review dashboards.
- I3 Interactive Intelligence CIC VoIP/PBX, fax, email messaging systems administration, integration, licensing, office migrations and Disaster Recovery international Contact Center IVR, screen recording, workforce management and encryption software installations and multi-site routing to remote Contact Center and at-home agents.
Network Security Remediation Projects:
- Secureworks Implementation Select devices network ranges, service enabled, FW/VPN, IDSM-2, WCS, Server, Router, and Switch to be managed and monitored. Coordinate Secureworks inspector, logvault and syslog installations. Develop Network Operations support playbook, Call Contact List and Incident Escalation Procedure.
- PCI DSS and SAS70 compliance compensating controls, auditor artifacts, test procedures, documentation configuration, diagrams, systems logs and rules. Certificate management renewal process.
- FW Consolidation Project Juniper NS204, NS208 ISG2000, Checkpoint VSX Cisco ASA5000.
- IMPERVA Web Application FW, Cisco IDSM-2 and Wireless Control System WCS installations projects.
- President Consulting Services Private consulting company Secured and serviced four contracts:
- Ingram Book Company Project Manager IT Services Returned to Ingram in 2010, created new Director role above
- Recovered iPage Oracle high availability RAC database OEL5 Linux on HP blades project.
- Developed KPI, Metrics and consolidated project reporting process and assist in vetting organizational strategy.
The Coca-Cola Company Global Network Program Manager Latin America and Africa
- Develop project budget and shared service chargeback's with Regional CTO and Architect.
- Led DMVPN router, Vmail Hub, Radius/TACACS, Siemens IP PBX, and MPLS Data, VoIP and Video migrations.
- Design, vendor coordination and implementation of resilient and scalable LAN/MAN/WLAN Cisco Routers and Nortel L2/3 Switches migrations, upgrades, BU FW change request and office relocations to eliminate SPOF, topology complexity, and improved provider monitoring processes to reduce MTTI, MTTR impact of mission critical 24x7sites.
The Coca-Cola Company Global Network Architect
- Led workshops to identify deliverables and network requirements develop cutover quality checklist, roles and responsibilities, dependencies, risk and stakeholder commitment for successful customer site implementations.
- Manage global ATM, DSL, FR, IP/VPN, ISP, Metro-E, MPLS, MW, Radio, Satellite and VSAT circuits budget produced 200k in cost savings and bandwidth optimizations and produce billing reconciliation process.
- Led strategic planning sessions, technology evaluation and selection with vendors and business partners developed LAN/WAN convergence and mobility roadmaps, position papers and network architecture document.
Verizon Federal Network Systems Secure Infrastructure and Campus LAN/WAN White Paper.
Service Management Director 2004 to 2005 : Customer technical liaison leadership role in continuous improvements, managing, prioritizing and driving process and action plans chronic analysis, diversity review, and survivability options to improve network performance and service levels of DSL, FW/VPN, Hosting, and VoIP Managed Service. Define SLA and manage, and report performance metrics. Communicate risk mitigation strategies, issue resolution and escalations.
Senior Project Manager
- Change Management - Minimize outages with improved implementations, communications compliance rigor.
- Metric Analysis Identified chronic problem with T3 card revision level, led to nationwide card replacement.
- Alternative Router: Redback chap 11 - Mitigated financial and performance risk with single vendor network.
- Circuit DNS Migrations - Reduce outages due to SPOF upstream router, implemented a scalable and reliable DNS Architecture with redundant aggregation router and uplinks.
- Network Stability Service Improvement Program Execution:
- Vendor Performance Management Proactive metrics review and published 24x7 coverage and escalation list.
- Improve RFO - Delivery and automatic conference bridge process >400k subscriber's minutes cust duration.
- DSL Fault Isolation Repair - Reduced MTTI MTTR within SLA by creating DSL Center of Excellence.
- Developed DSL Operations Manual - Documented procedural interactions between organizations.
- Genuity/Level 3 European Network Integration: Directed operations and more than 100 major customer migrations retaining more than 30 million in annual revenue. Managed CMDB of pop and circuit's reconfiguration and infrastructure contracts pops, data centers, circuits, network equipment and maintenance negotiations.
- VoIP Server Migrations: Relocated Servers from Columbia, MD and Woburn, MA to Broomfield, CO Data Center.
Director International Network Deployments and eBH Integration 1999 to 2003 : Lead and motivate global Network teams of 25 FTEs responsible for strategic planning, design, implementation and tactical operations of a JIT Global IP Network Cisco 7513, 6509, GSR8/12, OC3c/STM1, OC48/STM16 2.5gbps, FR, ATM Circuits construction program in 20 countries with access in greater than 100 global markets. Challenged to facilitate technology/business integration, budget and capital investment CBA ROI formulation , and strategic multi-year Plan of Record POR supporting annual revenue of 62M positive EBITDA operating cash. Simultaneously managed Network Engineering Teams and Projects.
- Network Deployments: PoP infrastructure route and facilities site selection, BIA, planned, designed and implemented backbone architecture changes to optimize capacity and availability 80 million 3 yrs cap exp budget vendor management contract negotiations and liabilities collection engineered customer solutions and services fulfilled business entity, regulatory and telecom licensing requirements and manage and negotiate 3rd party access, circuits, peering/transit interconnects, collocation/telehousing, eyes hands and tier 3 support.
- Transmission and Access Systems Planning: Managed end-to-end delivery of global transoceanic cable systems infrastructure Atlantic Crossing 1, Americas II, China-US, Japan-US and Southern Cross Cable Network capacity capital budget 22 million expense budget 14 million . Improved budget position 15 by efficiently managing central billing party payment process and eliminating signature delays.
- Access Integration Engineering: AOL international operations and project engineering services, IPASS GRIC product support, implementation and acceptance for Global Access LOB and Partner caching, content, satellite and wireless access network requirements and change business justification impact assessment and compliance testing.
- Integra Pan European 10 Hosting Centers Integration Project: Due diligence, network consolidation plan execution and operations expand the network upgrading 75 of sites to E3, and installed VPN and VoIP connecting offices and hosting centers to US resulting in 250,000 reduction in phone service capital and expense budget 3 million Synergy reductions in peering and transit cost 400,000 and 3rd level maintenance 1.3 million annually.
- Amsterdam 10, 000 sq. ft. Data Center Build Project: Networking and server infrastructure engineering teams challenged to build a 7 million international data center in Amsterdam in six months. Directed BCP facility risk, resilience, and security assessment. Developed network and facility disaster recovery plan. Completed project 1 million under budget and 60 faster than the US model Data Center Build team benchmark of nine months.
- DWDM Deployment Project: Led 10-person network engineering team in technology and vendor selection, budgetary approval 12 million , contract formulation and network project plan development WL connectivity, facility build outs and customer migrations. Delivered 2.5gbps Pan European LON, AMS, FRK PAR IP/DWDM network, a major milestone in network evolution and company initial test case and predecessor to a US wide deployment.
- International Network Program Manager 1997 to 1999 : Managed networking teams Plan/Design/Build of global internet POPs Points of Presence circuits, routers and collocation requirements projects based on capacity, usage analysis and customer and facility demand requirements managed budgets 13M capital 26M MRC expense.
- Led the team activating the largest transatlantic IP STM1/OC3C circuit industry-wide in 45 days, connecting London, UK to Vienna, VA. Accomplishment released to Wall Street. Won GTE Chairman's Leadership Award.
Senior Network Systems Engineer
- Cambridge1 POP/Data Center Build Project - Hosting and Internet Customer Capacity. Managed Corp computer room conversion into Data Center and Internet POP. Assess and upgrade fire suppression, cooling , wiring configuration, transfer switch configuration, redundant utility power feeds and battery plant and generator sizing, testing and refueling. Deployed internet POPs infrastructure that significantly reduced direct labor maintenance costs and installed scalable MFS OC48 circuit capacity. Develop operations handoff and facility access Procedures.
- Atlanta1 POP Data Center Upgrade Project - Managed GA TECH relationship, Carlson Associates SOW and Genuity 270k University Gift Approval. Facility assessment and upgrades to electrical infrastructure, battery backup and new gas turbine generator to stabilize the environment and facility reducing customer impact by 99 resulting in significant SLA savings.